PDA

View Full Version : [MAC] - Lesson, Audio And Game Lag!

kiefrichards
12-06-2013, 08:37 AM
hey guys, so im running on a mid 09 macbook pro i believe. ill paste the exact specs to the best of my knowledge below. i get the most lag during the video lessons. the audio will lag behind the video or the video itself will be really choppy. i also get lag in-game, itll slow down or freeze or get really choppy. ive turned all the video graphic settings to low, removed the crowds, turned off the oscillator (whatever that is), took off the depth of field, but still no fix. any suggestions? i run this game in windowed mode if that helps.

i was running osx 10.6.8 snow leopard prior to getting the game, but the game required me to update my osx to mavericks, which i suspect may be responsible, since my overall laptop seems a bit laggy after updating. one possible solution i was considering is installing windows via parallels and maybe trying to run it on there? what do you guys think? i know my computer isnt the fastest, so it might not even be worth it. just wasnt expecting it to lag this much.

Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Software OS X 10.9 Mavericks

kiefrichards
12-06-2013, 09:10 AM
If it helps, ive noticed that when i unplug the rocksmith cable from my laptop, the lessons run much more smoothly, but when i plug it back in, the crackling/fuzz/lag starts up again

kiefrichards
12-07-2013, 07:29 AM
anyone? :(

Dagreenskins
12-07-2013, 04:32 PM
I run RS on my Mac and my video card does not meet the specs. I had to make some adjustments with the video and audio. I am not at home so I don't remember the menu featured I adjusted. Under tools you will find some different adjustments. Those might help.

kiefrichards
12-08-2013, 01:46 AM
ok thanks! so far I've turned all the video effects off, set the settings to low & made sure both my output and my rock smith cable were set to 48000 khz.. I've read that helps some people but it didn't seem to help much, I still get lag In game

todoren
12-08-2013, 05:35 AM
It looks like you've done all the sensible steps. I have MacBook Pro 13" 2012, integrated graphics, the noteway lags if I ran RS in full screen on an external full hd monitor. It's fine when in windowed mode. It works ok when in full screen on the MacBook's screen.
You need feedback from people with a similar system to yours.
Have you looked at the Activity Monitor? Any other background processes or apps reporting high cpu or memory usage?
I don't think running Windows in a virtual machine will be efficient with RS. You would probably need to install via Boot Camp if you want to try Windows way.

kiefrichards
12-08-2013, 05:21 PM
ill have to give activity monitor another look! i always make sure to close all the other apps down though, sometimes i even restart the computer before i start playing.. but either way it doesnt seem to help. hopefully someone with similar specs can offer a suggestion.. it seems like running it with boot camp wouldnt help much, but maybe someone has had some luck and can offer some advice lol!

Dagreenskins
12-09-2013, 01:57 AM
We have the same computers and our video card are not up to spec for what the game recommends. I am saving up to buy a new lap top with a better video card. The game words on my computer but it does have some lag issues still. Every now and again I get crappy sound and have to use headphones or speakers. When I get bad sound I shut the game down and restart it and the sound gets better.

kiefrichards
12-10-2013, 07:31 AM
ahh thats a bummer! ive tried lowering the resolution on my macbook pro.. maybe that will help