PDA

View Full Version : My opinion about Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and what i wan't for the next AC

luqmanhkmm
12-05-2013, 10:35 AM
i was a huge fan of Assassin's Creed since the first game, but what makes me a little disappointed is seeing Assassin's Creed game franchise is being so mainstream and 'not special' by time, so here's my feedback on Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Gameplay

the stealth is well improved, but personally i hate AC4's tagging system, it's somehow feel ******ed when you can see enemies throught the wall clearly, i'd prefer Far Cry 3's tagging system which is only the symbol is visible, and i don't really like it when you just turn your eagle vision and the guy who owned the Warehouse key is suddenly become gold, i'd prefer ACR's eagle sense which is you gotta identify them first, it's far more realistic, and please Ubisoft... make some memorable missions like what you did on Assassin's Creed II, i'm disappointed because on AC4, there's too many 'tail the target' or eavesdrop missions, it feels so repetitive and boring, and Ubisoft... don't get me wrong, the naval gameplay is great but this is an Assassin's Creed game, instead of making a naval gameplay you gotta make an "assassins-feel-like" gameplay

Combat

until now, my favorite combat is on Assassin's Creed II, if you buy a sword that has a great damage, the enemies are easier to kill, if you buy a sword that has a great deflect, it will be easier for you to counter enemies, etc but since ACB, there's no different between the sword damage, deflect, & speed.... kick enemies, attack them twice, finishing move, it feels not challenging anymore, but that's okay until there's Assassin's Creed III combat, it's so stupid to slash & puncture enemies over and over again but without finishing moves, the enemies are like didn't feel anything, let's just compare it to any previous Assassin's Creed before AC3, the enemies are still blocking Altair/Ezio's attack even when they are taking damage, at least they are blocking it until their defense are down and Altair/Ezio can do a finishing move, it's far more realistic, and please make the enemies are like afraid of the assassins, i wan't it when there's a bunch of guards and they are dead one by one killed by the assassin until there's only one guard remaining, i wan't the remaining guard to be scared and run away or perhaps calling an reinforcement

about Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag's combat, it's still so stupid to slash & puncture enemies over and over again but without finishing moves, the enemies are like didn't feel anything, please make it more realistic, the dual sword killing animation is lame too and the transition between attacking moves & finishing moves are so stiff not so fluid, the double counter is rare to happen, there's a jerk slowmotion when you're killing the last enemy, and sometimes the sfx from the sword is just disappeared, and where's the blunt weapon?

but comparing to Assassin's Creed III, AC4 has deadly awesome finishing move (especially when you're using hidden blade or one handled sword), AC4 also has a better way to kill special enemies like the brute or captain, the slow mo is reduced, etc

Story

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag's story is good and there's bunch of memorable moment, the characters are great and emotional, the voice acting is good, overall... it's great, but i didn't feel like an assassin when i play this game, it's more like a pirate, there's no assassin ceremony, or a deep conflict between the assassins and the templars, etc i hope the next Assassin's Creed will be more "assassinly" awesome

Music & Sound

the sound quality is good especially when you're sailing on the sea or in the middle of the city, but the sfx on combat is really broken, sometimes the weapon sfx is just disappeared, overall the sfx of the combat is unrealistic, i'd prefer Assassin's Creed Revelations weapon sound effects because it's so realistic and makes you be like "ouch! that must be really hurt" especially when i hear the crushing skull sfx if you kill enemies with a blunt weapon/warhammer

the music is good, it feels really good to walk around the cities with an ambience music playing, i really enjoy that, but the theme music is gotta be more emotional i think

Conclusion

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag is not a bad game, but it's still far from perfect, there's so many thing that can be improved, there's still so many cons, there's still so many thing that fans expect to see but it's wasn't happen, well at least AC4 is better than AC3

and i think Ubisoft gotta slow down, collecting some inovative ideas, fix the broken things on Assassin's Creed IV, listening to the fans, etc it's better to wait 2 - 4 years to see a far better Assassin's Creed than to wait only 1 year to see a "not so different" Assassin's Creed with lacks of inovative ideas, i'd prefer Assassin's Creed to be not 'yearly released' game, i'd prefer Ubisoft to learn from Naughty Dog or Rockstar Games which is making games that took so long to wait but it's near perfect when it's released

Things i wan't for the next Assassin's Creed

1. Moddable Engine

what makes a game that durable and will never boring? yes that's right, MODS, take a look at Grand Theft Auto, Skyrim, Half-Life, etc those games are not boring because of Mods, i hope that someday we can mod Assassin's Creed and create custom combat animations, custom outfit, custom freerunning animations, custom cities, etc i swear to God it will be never boring

2. Low-Profile

i was so disappointed when the low-profile mode on Assassin's Creed III is not exist, i mean, it's so stupid when you are peeking the target on corner of the wall then suddenly you just randomly climbing the wall, or when you're chasing the target until accidentially you just wallrunning on the wall, it's really annoying, and i like it when it comes to combat, you can hold High Profile (the default is low profile) to be more careful and walk slowly to be more focus in countering enemies, it's just feel so breathtaking and challenging but sadly Low-Profile feature is only exist on AC1, AC2, ACB, & ACR, also i wan't a Low-Profile running (not freerunning) because it feels good to do a small-running around the cities

3. More Feared Guard Types

one of the things that i loved from AC1 & AC2 is you will be scared to be detected by enemies because the enemies are not so easy to kill, but the problem with the latest Assassin's Creed is the guards are not challenging anymore, you will be like "oh i was detected by guards, good, now i will kill them all" instead of "oh damn i was detected by guards, time to run or hide" it's feel like you're a god since you can easlily kill the guards out of your way, now i wan't the challenge from AC1 & AC2 back, i wan't there's more guard types like Janissaries or Papal Guards, i wan't the next Assassin's Creed to be more challenging

4. a better Leap of Faith

regarding Leap of Faith is one of the symbol of the Assassins, i wan't the next Leap of Faith to feel like "dangerous" or "risky" thing to do, on the first AC, you will be suprised of the first Leap of Faith because it feels so scary to jump off the high tower into the haystack, but now, Leap of Faith is like not a risky thing to do, it's like "everyone can do it", what can make the Leap of Faith even more scary? i think it's the camera position, i think it will be scary if the camera is like letting the assassin fell away into the haystack then the camera will zoom in to the assassin again.

etc

GuilhermeSJ
12-05-2013, 01:26 PM
I agree,

Iīm going to be short.

I liked black flag game, but itīs everything, except a Assassins CREED game. Whereīs the Creed?

The Ocean is fantastic, but i Prefer cities with density, with large builds, full of people, full of options.

Since AC III ubisoft is killing AC. And this time the problem is not the protagonist, is the world itself.

Return to AC II and brotherhood style of game, is by far a better game.

PS: Yes, the combat system sucks, itīs ridiculous, not fun and all pre-made, the legacy system (firsts AC) is so much better, not better looking, but more fun.

Thatīs all, I was looking to a way to contact AC team responsible, and this looks to be the better way, lets pray someones important reads this.

You need to return to AC II, this way is not working.

SixKeys
12-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Gameplay

the stealth is well improved, but personally i hate AC4's tagging system, it's somehow feel ******ed when you can see enemies throught the wall clearly, i'd prefer Far Cry 3's tagging system which is only the symbol is visible, and i don't really like it when you just turn your eagle vision and the guy who owned the Warehouse key is suddenly become gold, i'd prefer ACR's eagle sense which is you gotta identify them first

I thought I would hate the new tagging system when I first heard about it, but now I love it. I wouldn't want to go back to ACR's system. It made no sense why Ezio was able to immediately identify his targets in the two other games and suddenly his intuition has somehow gotten worse in ACR where he has to "guess" who his target is.
The tagging system is AC4 works since there are a lot more guards now and we have to plan our approach carefully.

until now, my favorite combat is on Assassin's Creed II, if you buy a sword that has a great damage, the enemies are easier to kill, if you buy a sword that has a great deflect, it will be easier for you to counter enemies

There was literally NO difference between any of the swords you bought in AC2. That game had the easiest combat in the entire series. The only thing that made the weapons different was how they looked visually. The stats didn't make any difference whatsoever.

I do like your point about the guards being afraid of the assassins and that some of them could run away like in AC1. Then again, that would make the already easy combat even easier.

3. More Feared Guard Types

one of the things that i loved from AC1 & AC2 is you will be scared to be detected by enemies because the enemies are not so easy to kill, but the problem with the latest Assassin's Creed is the guards are not challenging anymore, you will be like "oh i was detected by guards, good, now i will kill them all" instead of "oh damn i was detected by guards, time to run or hide" it's feel like you're a god since you can easlily kill the guards out of your way, now i wan't the challenge from AC1 & AC2 back, i wan't there's more guard types like Janissaries or Papal Guards, i wan't the next Assassin's Creed to be more challenging

Agreed. The Jaegers in AC3 were really challenging, especially when they attacked in groups.

regarding Leap of Faith is one of the symbol of the Assassins, i wan't the next Leap of Faith to feel like "dangerous" or "risky" thing to do, on the first AC, you will be suprised of the first Leap of Faith because it feels so scary to jump off the high tower into the haystack, but now, Leap of Faith is like not a risky thing to do, it's like "everyone can do it", what can make the Leap of Faith even more scary? i think it's the camera position, i think it will be scary if the camera is like letting the assassin fell away into the haystack then the camera will zoom in to the assassin again.

The leap of faith hasn't changed. Maybe the reason it feels more "boring" to you now is simply because we've been doing it for 6 games straight? Of course it's not gonna feel dangerous anymore when you've done it a million times. That doesn't mean there's anything in herently wrong with it. Don't fix something that ain't broken.

matteofabbro
09-05-2014, 06:28 PM
For me the stealth sucks, when i'm on a rooftop and the guards are on the road they see me everytime, even if i'm incognito. Please Ubisoft make guards detection system like AC2.:(