PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a refund?

bradiam
12-05-2013, 09:38 AM
I don't even care about the money I wasted on DLC that won't level. I just want my money back for the game I purchased, and that is still broken. Playing a game that will not allow one to level up songs is neither fun nor rewarding. I purchased this game with the full confidence that it would function as promised. I gave them time to fix the bug. Neither has happened.

I should have known better after spending 6 months with an unplayable game the first time around (still not completely fixed).

How do I get my money back?

toymachinesh
12-05-2013, 09:46 AM
You put it on ebay and hope someone is dumb enough to buy your used copy

mrvega79
12-05-2013, 10:09 AM
I should have known better after spending 6 months with an unplayable game the first time around (still not completely fixed).

How do I get my money back?

You don't say which platform you're on. That would help.

But I rarely buy software when it's first released, because even after the official release, most software still needs a bit of an extended beta period. Especially something like Rocksmith, which is trying to achieve a lot -- and maintain consistency across FOUR highly different operating systems. Of course, I'm a dedicated PC user, so I'm used to working around a program's error messages ;)

As long as you're planning to get rid of the game, you might as well just set it aside for another few weeks and wait for them to fix the bugs.

westyfu
12-05-2013, 10:16 AM
If on the PC you can't sell it and at a guess you'd have to go through Steam's support before Ubi's to inquire about anything regarding refunds.

On a console you'd have the option of your retailer's take-back policies (depending on time frames), trade-in for a working product or as said, Ebay.

I'd say stick with it a bit longer, as even with the bugs it's an incredible learning tool, yet I do not share mrvega79's hope for bug fixes any time soon given what we've seen so far.

Edit: Spelling

RSDAVE
12-05-2013, 02:06 PM
I'd say, have faith, they will fix this bug.

Marauder359
12-05-2013, 03:21 PM
It is good to see that your incessant complaining about RS1 back in the day worked out so well for you and you learned your lesson then... I mean, at that point you promised not to buy anything else from Ubisoft, and yet... you're here... So, quite frankly, if you're going to leave and stop playing, do it. You've been threatening this since November 2011. Do it. Or don't... Either way, anyone that remembers those rants is far less likely to feel bad for you now... It's not that you don't have a legitimate issue, it's the whole "I'm taking my ball and going home" crying wolf for 3 years that has worn out its welcome. Play the game or don't. Nobody else cares, and that's just the basic truth of it, and I'm sorry 3 years have transpired without anyone telling you that sad fact.

AssassinDeity
12-05-2013, 04:03 PM
^
Its true, I don't care about your whining or problems either. Just wait patiently like the rest of us, The Rocksmith team for Ubisoft is trying their hardest to get the bug fixed.

toymachinesh
12-05-2013, 07:23 PM
On a console you'd have the option of your retailer's take-back policies (depending on time frames), trade-in for a working product or as said, Ebay.

If the cable is involved in the initial purchase the retailer will not accept the return 99% of the time.

Stang616
12-06-2013, 06:46 PM
I've never had a problem with any DLC or song leveling properly. Perhaps you just suck.

In all seriousness though, you won't get a full refund anywhere because at this point it is considered used product and you have no way of proving its defective, because the disk itself actually works.