PDA

View Full Version : General AC DLC question

wheelhouse413
12-05-2013, 06:01 AM
So AC 4 is the first AC I've completed (and the only one I've played bar 2 sessions of AC 1 which was, to me, incredibly boring).

Overall I loved the hell out of AC 4, and feel that I more than got my $60 worth.

But reading about the dlc being 4 hours for $20 seems...a bit expensive.

Are there generally lots of side stuff to do in AC DLCs?

For example, as I'm on PS4, I played the Aveline missions. They were advertised as 1 hour of extra content (or thereabouts) and that's what they were. I thought they were good, but I would not have found them worth it if, for example, it was $5 DLC.

So is "4 hours of gameplay" likely to be just that for Freedom Cry?

* To give you an example of how much I played AC 4 - I have all trophies but 2 unlocked (level 55 in MP and use all abilities and play all modes in MP - I hit 48 last night, unlocked the last abilities, and logged out). I'm missing 13 fragments and around 20 chests from the open world, and for some reason I'm 4/5 on smuggler's dens - even though they're all done as far as I can tell.

phoenix-force411
12-05-2013, 06:06 AM
We don't know how great Freedom Cry will be or how it could take.

AC1's not for everyone, but it was the reason why I started playing AC, because I liked the game and sold Prince of Persia for it. I still don't regret it.

wheelhouse413
12-05-2013, 06:11 AM
Right..but I'm assuming that there's been DLC for all the AC games, and I was just wondering if there was a general description of what they contained?

phoenix-force411
12-05-2013, 06:17 AM
Well, you could look at the trophies/achievements that have been leaked onto your console. That sort of tells you some things to expect.

DarktheMagister
12-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Right..but I'm assuming that there's been DLC for all the AC games, and I was just wondering if there was a general description of what they contained?

AC2 - The Battle of Forli & Bonfire of the Vanities - Both were in game content DLC that expanded the original story by I think 1 or 2 chapters each.
ACB - The Copernicus Conspiracy & The Da Vinci Disappearance - One was an in game set of missions I'd say about an hour or so worth. The latter was an after story DLC that expanded a bit into a side story about Da Vinci and a secret cult, another 2 hours or so.
ACR - The Lost Archives - This was the most disappointing IMO. It was a first person puzzle platformer inside the animus mainframe that explains some stuff about Subject 16 and Lucy, it was about 20 or 30 minutes.
AC3 - The Tyranny of King Washington - alternate reality episodic release DLC, 3 parts, about 2 or 3 hours each depending on how fast you grind through it. There were also the Benedict Arnold Westpoint missions DLC. That was about 30 minutes or so of content.

Now each of the games since Brotherhood have had Multiplayer DLC too...and how long you feel those last is up to how long you play MP.

Freedom Cry looks like it may end up being episodic again, with "Freedom Cry" perhaps being the first episode OR it could just be the ONE 4 hour DLC, it depends on how you read it.