PDA

View Full Version : Which of the main AC leads are your favorite and why?

tymaster50
12-05-2013, 02:17 AM
I like Edward, Altair didn't get enough time but he was pretty badass. Ezio was getting milked, Connor had potential but fell flat, and Edward is the most "relatable". The guy just wanted some money, he didn't have a personal quest or anything. He had no alleigance to the assassins or templars and didn't take their ****. Too bad they made him one though :(

IWGCJoeCool
12-05-2013, 02:32 AM
i think Edward was a romantic, and had best intentions for an honorable life. i think he honestly wanted and tried to make his mark on the world, gain wealth and respectability, so he coud return to his wife. he got off-track in the new world, probably took some knocks before getting taken in by privateers, then pirates. that was always under the surface, and his evolution to becoming a "real" Assassin was inevitable. he showed some remorse, and took pity on the Sage, pretty early on, showing his true colors.

xCHEMISTx
12-05-2013, 02:38 AM
Too bad they made him one though :(

In my opinion Edward technically isn't a true assassin. He never went through the training that the other assassins went through. In the end he just seemed to me to be a pirate with loyalties to the assassins. But yea Edward is my favourite lead by far. It's just a breath of fresh air that the Ubisoft allowed him to be a lead even though he wasn't strictly part of the order. He is just a likeable character trying to make himself wealthy in the world. Obviously taking it to the extreme but the story of the privateers is an interesting one.

dxsxhxcx
12-05-2013, 03:39 AM
Altair is the best because he doesn't have this super hero feel the other protagonists have (besides Connor) and his story (his entire story not only AC1) IMO was the most interesting of all the Assassins we had until now...

TheDanteEX
12-05-2013, 03:43 AM
I'll never understand what people mean by "true Assassin". Assassins are always recruited. Ever since AC2 at least. Edward was recruited just as much as Ezio was. Sure, the Assassin's had it out for him while they helped Ezio, but the fact remains that they accepted him.

Edward also became a Templar during sequence 2 so that makes him the best character.

RoBg03
12-05-2013, 03:51 AM
I'm still sticking with Ezio at number 1...but edward is a close second. The funny thing is i loved altair as a character, and he was really what got me into this series, but it seems like ages ago that i played AC1 and its hard to remember him now. if it were more recent i may have put him higher

xCHEMISTx
12-05-2013, 03:54 AM
I'll never understand what people mean by "true Assassin". Assassins are always recruited. Ever since AC2 at least. Edward was recruited just as much as Ezio was. Sure, the Assassin's had it out for him while they helped Ezio, but the fact remains that they accepted him.

Edward was accepted but he was even told quite bluntly that "you have along way to become a 'true assassin'". Being accepted and belonging seem to be mutually exclusive if you ask me.

dxsxhxcx
12-05-2013, 04:04 AM
Edward also became a Templar during sequence 2 so that makes him the best character.

Edward just "went with tide", I don't think he would've came out of there alive if he had just said no or had told them the truth... :p

TheDanteEX
12-05-2013, 04:09 AM
They most likely took back the ring when they captured him, but hey, assuming he took part in a ceremony for the Assassin's as well, he was technically formally inducted into both factions. And that's pretty damn cool.

Landruner
12-05-2013, 04:23 AM
I would say I like any character from this franchise for what they are and I do not try to have a favorite among them. I have more feelings about the games instead.

aL_____eX
12-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Actually there is no favorite Ac for me! Every single one is amazing in it's on way! I really loved the story about Altair, the old mentor of the Assassins. But ACII told the story of a young boy, branded by the death of his brothers and his father, not knwoing what to do. And the story of him, rising up to the new mentor of the order and fulfilling his part as the prophet. In AC:B Ezio now is the leader of the order and still trying to infiltrate Rome and take revenge and he is rebuilding Rome with his newborn brotherhood. ACR tells Ezios story of being on trail of Altair (which is probably the idea I like most!). Connor had a special story too. Being a young Mohawk, trying to find the murderers of his tribe. And Edward is just amazing, a man chasing for gold but realizing (too late) that it is the people he shares his experiences with that make him happy.

Every character of the main series is so special and unique and Ubisoft gave us the chance to easily love and feel with all of them and their stories! :)