PDA

View Full Version : What i think about the series

Billionair90
12-05-2013, 12:56 AM
This, mirrors EXACTLY my toughts and i agree 100% to this. So Read and take a good advice when given ubisoft.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/621796-assassins-creed-iii/65573555

in the last 2 games, AC3 and AC4, the assassins where almost no part of the story...
You were an Pirate for 90% of the game...and when Edward finally consider joining them, in the late game, you get a couple missions and then it ends....
Im not going to start about Connor...He is the greaterst fighter of the assassins, and i like that hes native american, and thats about it.

RoBg03
12-05-2013, 01:24 AM
i'm glad that characters arn't assassin lifers like altair. i like that they are conflicted and have differing styles, and join the creed for a variety of reasons. i don't want the same game over and over with new graphics. the past few titles have shown the templar gaining the upper hand, with only a few assassins with the blood of old standing in their way. altair was a great character, don't get me wrong, but the assassins since have had much more depth and realism.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-05-2013, 01:32 AM
i'm glad that characters arn't assassin lifers like altair. i like that they are conflicted and have differing styles, and join the creed for a variety of reasons. i don't want the same game over and over with new graphics. the past few titles have shown the templar gaining the upper hand, with only a few assassins with the blood of old standing in their way. altair was a great character, don't get me wrong, but the assassins since have had much more depth and realism.

Right but Ezio wasn't an Assassin his whole life either and joined for revenge. It's not that they can't have different stories but it would be nice to see the Assassins play a bigger role again, yknow, cause it's Assassin's Creed.

dxsxhxcx
12-05-2013, 02:00 AM

the past few titles? Do you mean from AC2 to AC4? IMO in all games other than AC1 the Templars seemed to have the upper hand, they always seem much more organized (what also make them look more like an Order) than the Assassins what sometimes makes me wonder how they fail so miserably at the end of each game and how the Assassins are still around during the modern days, IMO Altair's Order was the only one on par with the Templars of their time...

IWGCJoeCool
12-05-2013, 02:19 AM
since we've arrived at next-gen, would an AC reboot be in order, a'la Tomb Raider. i always thought there was much more to be told as far as Altair's story...though the Ezio trilogy filled in alot of the post-AC1 story, but a story about his coming of age, and proceeding to the events of AC1 would be cool.

for those who say that Ezio, Connor, and Edward werent "really" Assassins, should note the early events in AC1....skilled as he was, Altair didnt quite "get it" either.

dxsxhxcx
12-05-2013, 02:55 AM
since we've arrived at next-gen, would an AC reboot be in order, a'la Tomb Raider. i always thought there was much more to be told as far as Altair's story...though the Ezio trilogy filled in alot of the post-AC1 story, but a story about his coming of age, and proceeding to the events of AC1 would be cool.

for those who say that Ezio, Connor, and Edward werent "really" Assassins, should note the early events in AC1....skilled as he was, Altair didnt quite "get it" either.

The problem is that AC is in the middle of its story (like it or not, the modern days are part of the story) and make a reboot before even finish telling the story they began in 2007 would be a (nother) slap in the face of those who enjoy the story as a whole...

Also tell the "same" story all over again (even if right this time) IMO wouldn't be a good idea, I believe Ubisoft will put this franchise to rest before reboot it...

if I'm not wrong Tomb Raider games were all stand alone games about the same character, with the links between them (if one, other than the same protagonist) not being something relevant to the progression of the story like it happens with AC, what makes a reboot something much more easier.

phoenix-force411
12-05-2013, 03:01 AM
The Assassin trend got boring. I like diversity.

RoBg03
12-05-2013, 03:45 AM
the past few titles? Do you mean from AC2 to AC4? IMO in all games other than AC1 the Templars seemed to have the upper hand, they always seem much more organized (what also make them look more like an Order) than the Assassins what sometimes makes me wonder how they fail so miserably at the end of each game and how the Assassins are still around during the modern days, IMO Altair's Order was the only one on par with the Templars of their time...

well, during ac2 i'd say ezio was a bit of a one man show, unless you include his dads connections and uncle mario....in brotherhood he rebuilt the assassins in rome, so he had a lil help. plus it was as much a fight against the borgia as the templars. In rev we saw ezio leave his home base to enter somewhat of a templar stronghold. he did have an already existing branch of the assassins present and was able to whip them back into shape. by the time we got to conner the assassins were disbanded in the new world, and the former mentor of the colonial assassins, achilles was pretty much retired. we can assume conner helps build them back up but we don't know just yet. edward has goals of his own, some of which fit with the assassins goals...the templar seem to be in control before the events of BF are finished. overall in the modern storyline desomond and the crew are pretty much on the run all the time, and while they make headway, the templar always seem to be contiuously advancing their scemes.

Billionair90
12-05-2013, 05:27 PM
Im just saying, i want the series to get back to its core. I like assassins creed to be more ASSASSINS CREED. Not pirates of the carribean.

Hans684
12-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Im just saying, i want the series to get back to its core. I like assassins creed to be more ASSASSINS CREED. Not pirates of the carribean.

-_-

Shahkulu101
12-05-2013, 06:25 PM

Its comments like these that make me want to tear my ****ing hair out...