PDA

View Full Version : Clicking Additional Content does nothing

OverHaze
12-04-2013, 11:48 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to redeem a code but clicking "additional content" does nothing. Literally. I'm not taken to another menu, I just get the little chime and nothing happens. Any idea whats going on?

This is the PC version purchased on Steam.

Thanks.

(I've had to post this here as trying to post in technical help was giving me a "You must select a thread prefix" error despite the fact I selected one)

UbiVolfbane
12-05-2013, 12:56 AM
If you have not done so, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Also, try changing the resolution in-game to see if the prompt window appears. Also, try verifying the game cache through stream to see if any files may be missing or damaged. If you continue to experience this issue, please submit a ticket to your region's Support team with your dxdiag and msinfo. You may do so using the links in my signature below.

Anykeyer
12-05-2013, 07:19 AM
Its not a bug. Just badly designed UI. When you click additional content in AC4 menu Uplay overlay should appear (it needs to be enabled in Uplay's settings). But it does not automatically open special tab in that overlay. In fact there is no tab dedicated for entering codes. Only a small button at the top, you have to click it.
PS Sometimes Uplay overlay conficts with other software with its own overlay. For example xfire prevents Uplay overlay from appearing.
I advise you to not use this method at all, its easier to click on the small "cog" button in the upper right corner (near minimise/maximise/close window buttons) and select "activate product"

XxVatsalxX
12-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Hey, fellow assassins. Here it is the trademark multiplayer Ubisoft bug. The Single Player version of the Game works fine, but the second i click on Assassin's Creed 4 Multiplayer, it crashes saying- "AC4BFMP has stopped working". I really bought this game for its Multiplayer Gameplay. And its really sucky that Ubisoft is not launching any patch or solution to this widespread problem:mad:. Waiting for a reply eagerly!! Thanx :)
Reply ASAP!!
P.S. I am attaching my DxDiag.txt.

Anykeyer
12-07-2013, 08:02 PM
This thread has nothing to do with your problems. Contact support

LeftistHominid
12-19-2013, 04:29 AM
So wait clicking on that button is just supposed to summon the Uplay overlay and nothing else?

Questions2ask
12-19-2013, 04:53 AM
Hey, fellow assassins. Here it is the trademark multiplayer Ubisoft bug. The Single Player version of the Game works fine, but the second i click on Assassin's Creed 4 Multiplayer, it crashes saying- "AC4BFMP has stopped working". I really bought this game for its Multiplayer Gameplay. And its really sucky that Ubisoft is not launching any patch or solution to this widespread problem:mad:. Waiting for a reply eagerly!! Thanx :)
Reply ASAP!!
P.S. I am attaching my DxDiag.txt.
They aren't patching it because there is nothing wrong with it, if there was then no one would be able to play it.

Frag_Maniac
12-19-2013, 06:14 AM
In UPlay you use the "Unlock content" tab on the left of the Uplay browser, or via clicking on the upper right gear icon on the toolbar at the top of the browser via "Activate product".

Since yours is a Steam version though, you should have Steam codes to enter, which is done by going to the upper left of the Steam browser, and on the toolbar at the top, click Games, then "Activate a product on Steam", then enter the code.

If there's any additional content that comes with anything you already own, it should just download and install automatically.

Anykeyer
12-19-2013, 06:33 AM
So wait clicking on that button is just supposed to summon the Uplay overlay and nothing else?

Yes, there is another "extra content" button at the top of uplay overlay, you have to click it youself.