PDA

View Full Version : Will Freedom Cry be open world?

Lochshot
12-04-2013, 09:04 PM
I don't know if you guys know any more than I do, or are just better at speculating, but do any of you know/think Freedom Cry's going to be open world? Obviously Adewale doesn't own his own ship so you wouldn't be able to go from island to island, which would kinda indicate that it's not free roam, but then again linear stories have never really been something the AC developers have done, which indicates that it will be free roam, not really sure what to think. Thanks in advance.

pacmanate
12-04-2013, 09:10 PM
I think a new mini open world, they cant have the full map as they would have to do another game side mission wise.

Wolfmeister1010
12-04-2013, 09:16 PM
From what I have heard and seen in screenshots, Ade does actually get his own ship, and the crew consists of the slaves you free.

I remember reading that Ade gets stranded in San Dominique and must find a ship, but also helps the slaves there.

I bet that it will be a knew open world like Pac said, with San Dominique being the main city, and then maybe 6 other locations, like caves, villages, and the like.

Landruner
12-04-2013, 09:20 PM
I don't know if you guys know any more than I do, or are just better at speculating, but do any of you know/think Freedom Cry's going to be open world? Obviously Adewale doesn't own his own ship so you wouldn't be able to go from island to island, which would kinda indicate that it's not free roam, but then again linear stories have never really been something the AC developers have done, which indicates that it will be free roam, not really sure what to think. Thanks in advance.

Like Pacamanate wrote above is going to be a mini open world around some on the East side of the Caribbean - I actually do not know if for one or two missions you don't show in some parts of the west side that we already know (?)

Rugterwyper32
12-04-2013, 09:24 PM
From what I have heard and seen in screenshots, Ade does actually get his own ship, and the crew consists of the slaves you free.

I remember reading that Ade gets stranded in San Dominique and must find a ship, but also helps the slaves there.

I bet that it will be a knew open world like Pac said, with San Dominique being the main city, and then maybe 6 other locations, like caves, villages, and the like.

Saint Domingue was actually the name of the whole French colony which makes up modern day Haiti. And that much is in the game, from what I've seen in the maps (The very southeast area).
However, from what I know, there's no cities around there. They could very well add Cap Haitienif they so desired, though.

Landruner
12-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Saint Domingue was actually the name of the whole French colony which makes up modern day Haiti. And that much is in the game, from what I've seen in the maps (The very southeast area).
However, from what I know, there's no cities around there. They could very well add Cap Haitienif they so desired, though.

I wish we can go the visit Martinique and Guadeloupe as Islands and boot some French's butts there.

LoyalACFan
12-04-2013, 10:04 PM

I'd love this, but I VERY much doubt it will be the case. They're touting "four hours" of extra content, which means like three at the max, and there are nine story missions. If it was open-world with other locations, they'd be advertising a much higher number.

Landruner
12-04-2013, 10:36 PM
I'd love this, but I VERY much doubt it will be the case. They're touting "four hours" of extra content, which means like three at the max, and there are nine story missions. If it was open-world with other locations, they'd be advertising a much higher number.

I just hope that the 9 missions won't be just tailing missions, but interesting missions - that is my concerns about the DLC

Wolfmeister1010
12-04-2013, 11:38 PM

It has to be open world, because there is an achievement for freeing 500 slaves. That is totally open world

LoyalACFan
12-05-2013, 12:16 AM
It has to be open world, because there is an achievement for freeing 500 slaves. That is totally open world

Oh, I'm sure it will be technically "open-world," but notice that I said open-world with other locations. They've only mentioned one specific island, and I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that there will be others, or even a naval map. The whole "recruiting slaves to be your crewmen" thing, if it's even true, could very well be "recruit slaves, find ship, cutscene, the end" and spawn you back on Haiti for more free-roam just like the ending of AC4.

Again, I sincerely hope you're right, but I don't want anyone to get overhyped for something that seems destined to disappoint. If there turns out to be a significant amount of open-worldiness, or hell, even exploration of the old AC4 map with Adewale, I'll stand corrected, and pleasantly surprised.

ze_topazio
12-05-2013, 12:23 AM
I hope there's more Portuguese soldiers because i feel like i didn't kill enough of them in the main game, ships too.

Megas_Doux
12-05-2013, 01:14 AM
I hope there's more Portuguese soldiers because i feel like i didn't kill enough of them in the main game, ships too.

Given the location, I think French guys are going to be the main enemies.

ze_topazio
12-05-2013, 01:32 AM
I have no idea why after sequence 9 the island of Príncipe was occupied by pirates, historically Roberts burned the city and the fort to avenge his fallen captain but after that he left, after the mission i returned there to kill more of my compatriots only to find the island under pirate control, i was quite disappointed.