PDA

View Full Version : New To AC-BF

walsh2509
12-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Some things I that don't seem right. Chain shot seems to do little or no damage to a ships turning ability, when I got my own cove and paid for all the upgrades I still get charged full price for the items on sale ( its my cove and I paid for the stores ) and seems no comeback in the way of any income from them, maybe I am wrong but doesn't seem to, that being the case why even bother setting them up. Harpooning, sharks whales ok you get skin and bones but the meat ?

Q? are you stuck with the jackdaw, in Age of Pirates you didn't need to wreak a ship to board her, you slowed her down with chain shot and killed crew with canister shot and if you got close enough you could board her and if a better ship than your own keep her and rename her. Same if you killed someone with better weapons you could take them for your own.

Took out my first Royal Convoy nearly killed my ship doing it, once done what do I get - 1000 to 3000 r and buried treasure money ones, hardly worth the hassle

Having played both Age Of Pirates and AC games , this is neither one or the other its like a bastard child and for that reason falls short on both the pirate and AC parts.

AherasSTRG
12-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Chain shot seems to do little or no damage to a ships turning ability
Their primary target is not to inflict damage, but to slow down the enemy ship. The cannons that fire the chain shot are called "Chase cannons" for that reason.

when I got my own cove and paid for all the upgrades I still get charged full price for the items on sale ( its my cove and I paid for the stores ) and seems no comeback in the way of any income from them, maybe I am wrong but doesn't seem to, that being the case why even bother setting them up.
It does have an effect. If it doesn't in your game, it's most likely a bug.

Harpooning, sharks whales ok you get skin and bones but the meat ?
Never were sharks or whales hunted for their meat in the Caribbean. As far as I am aware the only people that have a history of eating whale meat are the Eskimoes.

Q? are you stuck with the jackdaw, in Age of Pirates you didn't need to wreak a ship to board her, you slowed her down with chain shot and killed crew with canister shot and if you got close enough you could board her and if a better ship than your own keep her and rename her. Same if you killed someone with better weapons you could take them for your own.
The Jackdaw is a crucial part of the game. The writer calls her "the second main character of the game", so he said that it wouldn't feel right to allow Edward to change ships during the game. Looting different weapons is not possible in the game, but sounds cool though.

Took out my first Royal Convoy nearly killed my ship doing it, once done what do I get - 1000 to 3000 r and buried treasure money ones, hardly worth the hassle
Don't worry. Once you upgrade the Jackdaw the Convoys are going to be jokes for you and the extra cash once in a while will be nice to purchase new outfits or weapons.
Hope I helped :) .

MnemonicSyntax
12-04-2013, 09:41 PM
The Cove doesn't lower any prices for you, it just allows you to not have to pay for drunk pirates and dancers. That's all.

strigoi1958
12-04-2013, 11:26 PM
I only go back to the cove if I need to or if I'm near... I did all the upgrades and building because I thought it was to do with synch but either way it was something to do.... if it was cheaper to go back there I think I'd start fast travelling a lot and I really try to avoid that. I like to travel by sea in case I come across a fleet of treasure/ shark/ whale and it adds more to the story :).