Macekoo
12-04-2013, 05:34 PM
The title is basically my question :)

blackdeath38580
12-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Just f*cking put "[SPOILER]" at the beginning of your title :mad:

DeanOMiite
12-04-2013, 07:10 PM
WTF dude, spoilers! This isn't even the right section!

UzaruSchutzengel
12-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Oh boy. Spoilers. Well for some then, but yeah good question though.

DivineSerenity
12-04-2013, 11:40 PM
[SPOILERS AHEAD]

I can imagine he still used it after the main story since he probably joined the assassins later on, for more journeys/objectives etc. and therefore he needed his ship to sail back to the carribean

Anykeyer
12-05-2013, 06:57 AM
I heard he also had a fleet of 15 manowars

eifere
12-05-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm pretty excited for the arrival of my copy of AC Black Flag novel :)

RoBg03
12-05-2013, 08:16 PM
spoilers......kinda

I was wondering the same the other day. when i read the jackdaw entry on the ac wiki it doesn't mention what became of the ship. Id like to imagine it was recristianed the 'aquila', being as they are both brigs, but the same source says the aquila was build some years later. im' guessing future media (books,comics,etc) will let us know.

guardian_titan
12-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Don't really see how Edward's retirement is really a spoiler. Forsaken's been out over a year and we know Edward was retired by the time Haytham's born. So how is that a spoiler unless you've been under a rock the past year? And now the AC4 novel is out. That's like Ezio dying in Embers is a spoiler. It's only a spoiler if you've been hiding in a hole with your fingers in your ears ever since 2011 since that's been known for years.

Now something that is a spoiler:
Jenny's seen in the Caribbean at the end of the game and Haytham's seen during the opera scene just after.
I'd have a larger fit over that than Edward's retirement since the above's only in AC4 and not in Forsaken.

Aquila's a third rate ship-of-the-line built in France in the 1730s, not a brig. Jackdaw's a Spanish brig. Very different ships built by very different nations at very different times.

Either Edward kept the Jackdaw and it became the flag ship for a trade fleet he had (depending on whatever he really did after his retirement), he sold it, he gave it to the Assassins in Europe potentially meaning the European Assassin had both the Jackdaw and the Aquila at one point, or it got dismantled or sank. After Edward's death, the ship could've fallen into disrepair due to no one really taking care of it and was taken apart sometime after. Haytham likely didn't know the significance of the ship so could've ordered it to be turned into scrapwood.
Either way, the ship's no longer around. I'm curious on the ship's fate myself. We were told the Jackdaw was the second main character of the game but its fate is unknown. :(

RoBg03
12-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Aquila's a third rate ship-of-the-line built in France in the 1730s, not a brig. Jackdaw's a Spanish brig. Very different ships built by very different nations at very different times.
:(

its listed as a brig on the wiki...maybe someone should change that...i read somewhere most dual masted square sailed vessels are called brigs...but may be brigantines, which are similar but have some differences aparently..im no sailor. but you're right, their not only listed as being built years apart but also from dif nations.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Jenny's seen in the Caribbean at the end of the game and Haytham's seen during the opera scene just after.

Must of missed that part.

phoenix-force411
12-05-2013, 11:59 PM
LOL! I see new people here getting mad! D-:<

Landruner
12-06-2013, 01:50 AM

What happened to the Jackdaw after Edward retired to the United Kingdom?

Edward sold the Jackdaw by auction on the golden age of piracy' s equivalent of our current modern e-bay - I think it was called PirateBay?!

-----------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer - Sorry Quibidsoft I had to make the joke, I could not help myself :rolleyes:!

Poodle_of_Doom
12-06-2013, 02:03 AM
It wasn't parrot bay?

Landruner
12-06-2013, 02:29 AM
It wasn't parrot bay?

Lol!;)! you know parrots are really mine , they always sing for the riches and take a crap on the shoulder of the poor people. imagine how messy it would have to have a full bay of those....

TheDanteEX
12-06-2013, 03:45 AM
I'd assume he left it in the hands of a trusted crew member. He had a full crew, and I don't think he left the Caribbean as rich as he expected to be by then so he couldn't just pay them off. And certainly he wouldn't just let his ship sit and collect dust and hinder his crew while he comes to terms with being a father and remarrying a few years later and all that jazz. Especially after discovering what it means to be selfless. But who knows, maybe his crew settled down too or were just cool with it? I don't know it's fiction, why am I analyzing fiction?

MnemonicSyntax
12-06-2013, 06:46 AM
its listed as a brig on the wiki...maybe someone should change that...i read somewhere most dual masted square sailed vessels are called brigs...but may be brigantines, which are similar but have some differences aparently..im no sailor. but you're right, their not only listed as being built years apart but also from dif nations.

Aquila is more of a frigate than a brig.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Lol!;)! you know parrots are really mine , they always sing for the riches and take a crap on the shoulder of the poor people. imagine how messy it would have to have a full bay of those....

Yeah,... I imagine that happens a lot.

Anykeyer
12-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Its not always possible to tell ship's class by the number of her masts. There were 5, 6 and even 7 mast scooners. Size (weigh) and cannon count suggest that Aquila was in fact 3rd rate ship of the line.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-07-2013, 10:11 PM

I think I may have an answer to your questions here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/777254-The-Thing-I-Missed

If you read that, and about how Mills is leaving breadcrumbs for the Assassins, maybe you'll see what I mean. I don't know which ship was following them though. It could be the Aquila. Or perhaps the Jackdaw. This could explain a lot.

AngryRaisin
12-18-2013, 08:05 AM
So, did anyone notice in Freedom Cry when you first get a ship and sail to the slave ship that they discuss the rumor/legend of what happened to a ship called the Jackdaw?

Sauron001
12-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Freedom cry *Major Spoiler*

I'm guessing it's where you find the figure head....

Poodle_of_Doom
12-18-2013, 12:23 PM
So, did anyone notice in Freedom Cry when you first get a ship and sail to the slave ship that they discuss the rumor/legend of what happened to a ship called the Jackdaw?

I guess that is a DLC for Black Flag?

Sharkey1337
12-19-2013, 12:00 AM
*Freedom Cry Spoiler*

Yeah I'm really curious as to what happened to the Jackdaw that led to it being sunk in the West Indies. Here's hoping we see a small story DLC that chronicles the twilight of the Jackdaw, curious as to whether it'll be Edward's Assassin exploits before he's retired in England, brought about by the destruction of the Jackdaw mayhaps?

MIA SILENT
12-19-2013, 12:04 AM
*Freedom Cry Spoiler*

Yeah I'm really curious as to what happened to the Jackdaw that led to it being sunk in the West Indies. Here's hoping we see a small story DLC that chronicles the twilight of the Jackdaw, curious as to whether it'll be Edward's Assassin exploits before he's retired in England, brought about by the destruction of the Jackdaw mayhaps?

SPOILERRRRRR

You will find out what happened to the Jackdaw in FC.

Megas_Doux
12-19-2013, 12:21 AM
SPOILERRRRRR

And what happened?

hehe

Sharkey1337
12-19-2013, 12:22 AM
SPOILERRRRRR

*Freedom Cry SPOILER*

Wait, you eventually learn how the Jackdaw sunk in FC? Haven't finished it yet, over half way through so far, but found the Jackdaw's wreck early on.

MIA SILENT
12-19-2013, 12:31 AM
*Freedom Cry SPOILER*

Wait, you eventually learn how the Jackdaw sunk in FC? Haven't finished it yet, over half way through so far, but found the Jackdaw's wreck early on.

Oh. Then no, you don't find out how it sunk. Just that it sunk. Given the history, probably by the European Navies.

aL_____eX
12-19-2013, 01:10 AM
Almost cried when I saw the Jackdaw in Davy Jones's locker. And I was touched by what Ade had to say about his and Edward's ship.

LoyalACFan
12-19-2013, 02:35 AM
Almost cried when I saw the Jackdaw in Davy Jones's locker. And I was touched by what Ade had to say about his and Edward's ship.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed to see my baby rotting on the sea floor. But we don't know exactly how it happened.

In my headcanon, Edward returned to the West Indies in 1732, killed Woodes Rogers, and after doing so, sunk the Jackdaw as a symbolic end to his life as a pirate.

Sharkey1337
12-19-2013, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I was pretty bummed to see my baby rotting on the sea floor. But we don't know exactly how it happened.

In my headcanon, Edward returned to the West Indies in 1732, killed Woodes Rogers, and after doing so, sunk the Jackdaw as a symbolic end to his life as a pirate.

Oh yeah, I forgot Woodes Rogers is still running around at the end of AC4! I'm really hoping there will be one more story DLC that wraps up his story and explains what happened to the Jackdaw!

LoyalACFan
12-19-2013, 02:56 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot Woodes Rogers is still running around at the end of AC4! I'm really hoping there will be one more story DLC that wraps up his story and explains what happened to the Jackdaw!

Yeah, that would be nice. And I actually think it might happen. The season pass was advertised to contain "all DLC released before March 2014," meaning there might be more DLC after that point? I'm grasping at straws here, but it seems uncharacteristic for them to leave a main Templar target hanging like that; I actually expected him to be the main target in Freedom Cry. Plus, Edward expressly says he'd be back to finish Woodes in the final cutscene.

In any case, I just want to play as Edward with that badass beard he had going on at the end of AC4 :p

Megas_Doux
12-19-2013, 03:06 AM

That, if properly handled, has the potential to be one of the best moments EVER in the franchise......

Just imagine it, It is raining, a melancholic, ominous soundtrack plays while Edward gives a hell of a speech, about his past, present and future......

LoyalACFan
12-19-2013, 03:32 AM
That, if properly handled, has the potential to be one of the best moments EVER in the franchise......

Just imagine it, It is raining, a melancholic, ominous soundtrack plays while Edward gives a hell of a speech, about his past, present and future......

Yes, I'm quite fond of that notion :)

I almost don't want them to tell us what actually happened to it, because I don't want to destroy my little headcanon :p

Megas_Doux
12-19-2013, 03:35 AM
Yes, I'm quite fond of that notion :)

I almost don't want them to tell us what actually happened to it, because I don't want to destroy my little headcanon :p

I´ll have a drink for the Jackdaw!!!!!

pirate1802
12-19-2013, 04:21 AM
In any case, I just want to play as Edward with that badass beard he had going on at the end of AC4 :p

Glad I'm not the only one wanting that.

Shahkulu101
12-19-2013, 04:23 AM
And Pirates custom sunglasses.

LoyalACFan
12-19-2013, 04:32 AM
And Pirates custom sunglasses.

Well yeah, obviously.

LoyalACFan
12-19-2013, 04:34 AM
Glad I'm not the only one wanting that.

Lol. I can't help it, I like my video game protags to have some bodacious whiskers. Lara Croft would've been a million times better with a goatee.

pirate1802
12-19-2013, 04:37 AM
Lara Croft would've been a million times better with a goatee.

Completely true!!

Qoheles
12-20-2013, 10:07 AM

Oh yes indeed.

DinoSteve1
12-20-2013, 10:28 AM
his beard was better before, he looks like a posh git at the end.

LoyalACFan
12-20-2013, 10:46 AM
his beard was better before, he looks like a posh git at the end.

His beard was janky in the main game though, when you're outside in the sun it looks like light stubble, but when you're inside the captain's cabin or a shop he looks like a damn Viking.

Hans684
12-20-2013, 12:05 PM
His beard was janky in the main game though, when you're outside in the sun it looks like light stubble, but when you're inside the captain's cabin or a shop he looks like a damn Viking.

Wikings confirmed for ACV :p

Shahkulu101
12-20-2013, 06:01 PM
The Jackdaw's final days shall remain one of the many great mysteries in AC lore.

My headcanon: At some point Edward returned to the Caribbean, after being ordered by his now Assassin brothers to dispatch Woodes Rogers. He plans to stop of at his old hideout in Great Inagua - he hasn't heard from the Caribbean order since he left. The Assassin hideout is no more, 'tis but dust and ruins. It is guarded though by a Templar fleet of 3 galleons. He is defeated and his ship is boarded and taken - never to be seen again. Overwhelmed, he jumps off and swims ashore to his former hideout. He scours the ruins, entering the remains of his hideout. All is empty.

Edward is stranded - how does he get out of this predicament? Find out in our final Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag DLC: Edward The Legend.

HiddenKiller612
12-20-2013, 06:06 PM
I called it... I knew his ship was going to sink, though I thought Ade was the one to sink her... Guess I was half right... All in all, I was a tad sad to see all of my work in upgrading the ship and making it better dashed away in a matter of years...

DinoSteve1
12-20-2013, 06:11 PM
That kinda goes with having blonde hair though, I could go a week without shaving and no one would even know I had stubble.

Hans684
12-20-2013, 11:01 PM
I called it... I knew his ship was going to sink, though I thought Ade was the one to sink her... Guess I was half right... All in all, I was a tad sad to see all of my work in upgrading the ship and making it better dashed away in a matter of years...

Just like Monterigioni.

UKassassin06
12-30-2014, 02:49 PM
It is unknown what happened to the Jackdaw in the intervening years, but at some point prior to 1735, the brig returned to the West Indies and sank off the coast of Hispaniola due to unknown circumstances. Its figurehead was later recovered from the wreckage by Adéwalé

EmbodyingSeven5
12-30-2014, 05:17 PM
in AC4 MP the Wayfarer character is the only character to receive Edwards robe when you beat AC4. this gives me the idea that Edward must have donated his ship and robes to the brotherhood later in his life when he chose to settle down. the jackdaw can be found sunken in AC Freedom cry.

EmbodyingSeven5
12-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Just like Monterigioni.

but that happened in a matter of seconds......:p

Jackdaw951
12-30-2014, 07:55 PM

LIES! I will never go to Davy Jones' locker. NEVAIRE!

But about spoilers, yeah, that's a problem here as with most forums. A spoiler is any significant game event a new player has yet to discover. The age of the game is irrelevant. Someone said something about living under a rock, and that's the perfect symptom of the attitude that leads to spoilers. AC is not the world to many people, or at least they're not up to date with it. We're not talking real-life events here, but fictional ones. Let's keep them out of thread titles, and warn of spoilers within in the thread title.