PDA

View Full Version : What do you Think is the Best City in AC IV? [SPOILER FREE PLEASE]

STDlyMcStudpants
12-04-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm at the beginning of sequence 3 so I've only seen Havana and TBH I wasn't impressed.
It's no Frontier or Florence.
If I'm being honest it felt like Boston but with closer buildings...and by that I mean - the streets feel empty.
The majority are guards or hired hands..you don't really get a sense that people actually live there.
The City took me about an hour to complete.
Is Havana the cream of the crop?
Our introduction is usually in the best city...So I'm a little nervous.

ladyleonhart
12-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Before ACIV's release I was sure I would like Havana the most and Kingston the least. Nassau didn't even enter the equation. However, after playing ACIV, I really like Kingston and Nassau as well. :D I think it's the combination of ambient music and events/contracts in both. Also, Kingston is much larger, and I really enjoyed the atmosphere in Nassau. :)

DetroitPlaya
12-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Well, if you expect huge cities like in the past; you will not be pleased. It makes sense to have more mid-sized ones.And the sea will be the "major landscape" (reference to the one hour it took you to finish Havana)

STDlyMcStudpants
12-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Before ACIV's release I was sure I would like Havana the most and Kingston the least. Nassau didn't even enter the equation. However, after playing ACIV, I really like Kingston and Nassau as well. :D I think it's the combination of ambient music and events/contracts in both. Also, Kingston is much larger, and I really enjoyed the atmosphere in Nassau. :)

Looking forward to kingston then, I love large cities :D

x___Luffy___x
12-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Havana for me definitely.

SixKeys
12-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Havana is the most beautiful visually, I just wish there was more to do there. I love Nassau as well.

Wolfmeister1010
12-04-2013, 05:56 PM
Havana is my favorite city, but it was a shame that it had such a small role in the game. I love the architecture and color scheme.

Kingston is a close second. It surprised me how well they did a colonial styled city. It is a bit larger than Havana, and is very fun to freeroam. A LOT of restricted areas in that city.

Nassau is okay. The fort is fun, but I wish there were more ways to enter. I had hoped for the ability to go inside the fort. There are doors everywhere that would work perfectly as secret entrances.

TAZ427
12-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Havana was probably my favorite, but none of them are the Huge cities of Ezio's past, which were the best cities. That said, this game does great w/o the Huge cities. The open feel is much much better IMHO. AC3 tried to do this, but it was Cities or Forest - nothing really in between. Even the small villages seemed to be nothing of important except maybe the one they build up, which was a PIA to try to get all the different stupid arsed events observed, most of what made the game drag on IMHO.

Shahkulu101
12-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Havana - so beautiful, perfect for free running and a brilliant size. I liked that it was smaller, there's nothing more annoying than running for 5 minutes across a map.

Also, the ambient music is sooooo good. 'The Spanish Empire' is incredibly atmospheric and best of all, so catchy.

Syr.Jake
12-04-2013, 11:11 PM
One thing to keep in mind is historical numbers.

In 1602 approximately 13,000 people lived in Havana with the whole island only having about 20,000 people.

In 1774 a census showed that approximately 173,000 lived in the entirety of Cuba.

That isn't a big population.

Compared to some place like Florence, which in 1425 had a population of over 60,000.

Considering the space and resources required to render the city, when the vast majority of the game doesn't take place in Havana, Ubisoft did a pretty good job.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-04-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm really upset that Havana plays such a small role in the game. It makes it seem like they threw it in just to shut people up about the cities -- which is really, really stupid.

Also to JessiColt -- It may make sense from a historical POV for the city to be smaller but from a gameplay perspective...they need to be fun. It's the problem with AC3's cities. They were realistic and accurate to the time period but unfortunately, accurate to the time doesn't really mix well with parkour gameplay. Havana sounds like a bite sized chunk of an AC2 city and doesn't even serve much of the story meaning the city that will undoubtedly be my favorite is both small AND barely necessary.... -_-

ace3001
12-05-2013, 03:19 AM
I really like Havana, but considering I spent way more time in Kingston and how Kingston looks so damn good, I guess Kingston is my favourite. Still really mad about how underused Havana is, though. I'm so sad that I don't even remember any landmarks there.