PDA

View Full Version : Ac4 new update yesterday now I see only a black screen

Ghostfighter300
12-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Yesterday I got home turned on my pc and was prompted for a Assasins creed update. I did it and started the game the first screen that sais this game is multicultural by various people etc shows then stays there, I click my mouse the scene fades like its going to the ubisoft logo but stays black and does nothing

ive updated all my drivers done a complete reinstall but to no avail, considering I was playing perfect on 1.01 now after the update it does this.All my system specs meet tbe requirements by far.Whats the issue!?!?!

YazX_
12-04-2013, 04:41 PM
it is not your problem, the patch is broken and several people reported this issue, either you reinstall the game and cancel the patch download when it starts downloading, or wait for a patch fix.

Erowz
12-04-2013, 04:42 PM
Welcome to the club. they released a broken patch that screws things up.. if u wanna play u need to reinstall and play offline while not installing the patch.
Nothing is wrong with your pc its the files that are corrupted. apparently we have to sit and wait for another patch that hopefully will fix this and not **** things up even for the worse..

R2Dfcknnr1D2
12-04-2013, 05:13 PM
I didnt know they updated it yesterday as i was playing before once to try out the menu just to watch the video from the person in the compagny but got too tired and now i try and it is an error when trying to launch.

GFalcon1976
12-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Have the same issue. I reinstalled it, and updated it again. Does it need the update to run offline?

Mr_Shade
12-04-2013, 05:30 PM
HI guys,

This has been reported - however - please do also make sure you are alerting support - they may have some suggestions and ways to get the game working - for those of you unable to do this.

www.support.ubi.com

Ghostfighter300
12-04-2013, 06:03 PM
ok thanks, I will try that but I didnt think uplay would release a patch that actually breaks the game!!

MnemonicSyntax
12-04-2013, 06:18 PM
You have to remember that everyone has a different computer. Even with the exact same specs, you might have different software, drivers, or the like that might actually cause more problems then they can test for.

I know you don't want to hear this, but not everyone has your issues, though it is a problem. So it's not intentional and as Shade said, it's known.

I hope you get to play soon :)

Ghostfighter300
12-04-2013, 07:52 PM
I know its this first time this has ever happened to me so im just a little bummed

Mr_Shade
12-04-2013, 07:54 PM
You have to remember that everyone has a different computer. Even with the exact same specs, you might have different software, drivers, or the like that might actually cause more problems then they can test for.

I know you don't want to hear this, but not everyone has your issues, though it is a problem. So it's not intentional and as Shade said, it's known.

I hope you get to play soon :)
indeed.

Some have updated Graphics drivers - just prior - to the update, so it's possible it's driver related - or - could be something completely unrelated, which is why it's important to contact support so they can collate the data from people's DXDiag's and see if there are conflicting hardware /drivers at play.

Ghostfighter300
12-05-2013, 09:24 AM
guys if a fix is released please post it on this forum so we all know:)))))

SAARREFAELI
12-05-2013, 10:10 PM
any news about a solution for this issue? i keep waiting for somone from the support to give some kind of an answer. right now i have a game i am not sure i will be able to play at all. :mad:

ilhan00
12-06-2013, 09:31 AM
wow i guess im not alone out here with the problem so i guess we have to play other game for new patch soon...

Nico2000nl
12-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Lots of people have this problem. Yesterday I accidently found out that the game actually did not crash on start up, (the black screen), but that it takes the game now 8 MINUTES to start up. After that it played without problems. So, try it, time it, see if it works.

Ghostfighter300
12-06-2013, 03:42 PM
is anybody able to deny or confirm this Nico2000nl's theory if done please post your findings in this forum if it works:)

ilhan00
12-07-2013, 10:49 AM
is anybody able to deny or confirm this Nico2000nl's theory if done please post your findings in this forum if it works:)

nope it doesn't. i tried it for 10 minute nothing happen

Kur0kenshi
12-07-2013, 11:03 AM
This is annoying. This is the second time I've updated ACIV only to get a black screen when I launch the game. How can you release two updates that breaks the game in exactly same the way?

Cyanide
12-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Try out the solution that I posted in this forum post: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810812-AC-Blcak-flag-stuck-on-black-screen/page9

hypergtabro
12-07-2013, 01:30 PM
I have been prompted to install an update, no black screen, but also no difference. Are there any release notes for these updates, I'd like to see what is supposed to be different/ better?

Kur0kenshi
12-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Try out the solution that I posted in this forum post: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810812-AC-Blcak-flag-stuck-on-black-screen/page9

Thanks Cyanide that worked for me.

Ghostfighter300
12-07-2013, 10:10 PM
OMG CYANIDES solution works guys, just download the 13.2mb file and replace with the one in the main folder with the launcher!! and that's it 1.02 perfect. The thread has a solution.:-)

Palerider2013
12-07-2013, 11:40 PM
You can get farther than me. I click on play and it says starting game and then goes directly to the thank you for playing. Session overview 0 hrs and 0 minutes.