PDA

View Full Version : My laptop lags when I'm using a gamepad for ACIV. Any ideas why?

Mickosis
12-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Hi guys, I'm really frustrated as I installed ACIV on my laptop. On the beginning, when it teaches you how to fire cannons from your ship it lags like hell when I'm using a gamepad, but when I don't use it, it is smooth, no fps drops at all. I can't get past the "destroy the ships" part as when I try to aim and fire on a ship fps drops massively but when I just move around and don't aim and fire it doesn't lag at all. On my desktop I used the same gamepad, it doesn't lag at all on that sequence, I even made it to Havana without a problem. Any ideas?

I know some would suggest that I should just play without a gamepad, but I don't bring a mouse with me. So any solutions would be great.

My laptop specs:
GeForce GT 640M
i7-3610QM @ 2.30 GHz (with turboboost it goes to 3.1 something)
4 GB RAM
331.93 drivers Windows 8 Pro

Thanks!

Mr_Shade
12-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Hi there,

Which gamepad is it? - you may find it could be a driver issue - so please check for updates - or - consider trying a different pad? -The official Xbox pad for windows is normally the best.

Failing that, please contact support : www.support.ubi.com

Mickosis
12-05-2013, 12:55 AM
I'm using this gamepad right here ; http://www.geniusnet.com/Genius/wSite/ct?xItem=16786&ctNode=163&mp=10

Its kinda weird because the same gamepad doesn't cause the issue on my desktop. Difference is that my desktop uses an AMD proc and a Radeon gfx card.