PDA

View Full Version : Unlock Templlar Armour AND LOSE ALL SPECIAL EDITION STUFF

NeoMorph WTH
12-04-2013, 06:30 AM
The game has lost the special edition stuff THREE TIMES TODAY. I fixed it up to now by deleting the addon DLC and reinstalling it... But since unlocking the Templar Armour that doesn't work.

Why make special editions when the darn stuff refuses to stick. The Templar armour isn't even that special. I unlocked the cage with my nice Drake pistols and then WHAM... stupid mini blunderbusses... and no access to any of the other stuff either.

I'm really beginning to think that the Xbox One was rushed out... and forced the developers to rush out shoddy code. Battlefield 4 is a mess as well.

So basically I should have just bought the standard edition. Really wanted to throw my controller at the screen just.

DarktheMagister
12-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Yeah..... thats the first batch of next gen stuff for you.

MnemonicSyntax
12-04-2013, 07:15 AM
Don't quote me on this, but I believe all the special edition stuff requires an internet connection. I know that certain sails and the Altair/Ezio/Connor robes do.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-04-2013, 10:15 AM
The game has lost the special edition stuff THREE TIMES TODAY. I fixed it up to now by deleting the addon DLC and reinstalling it... But since unlocking the Templar Armour that doesn't work.

Why make special editions when the darn stuff refuses to stick. The Templar armour isn't even that special. I unlocked the cage with my nice Drake pistols and then WHAM... stupid mini blunderbusses... and no access to any of the other stuff either.

I'm really beginning to think that the Xbox One was rushed out... and forced the developers to rush out shoddy code. Battlefield 4 is a mess as well.

So basically I should have just bought the standard edition. Really wanted to throw my controller at the screen just.

No. Early adopters of next gen will almost always, invariably be screwed over by issues. It's the price you pay for buying it early. Companies can't account for all variables and, yes, to a certain extent -- they rush the product out. If you think the PS4 is much different, you're wrong. It's not just the One.

Remember the 360? Red Ring of Death? Or the PS3? So expensive and it didn't even come with a pretty important cable and you had to fork over like an extra 15 bucks for it?

It's also PROBABLY not the Xbox One's fault, but rather Ubisoft's fault. There have been issues with things in AC4 -- for instance, NUMEROUS people completed the community challenge to unlock the Explorer outfit and never received it despite the game saying they completing the challenge. the challenge is now over meaning they can't get the outfit until they put the outfit as a reward for a challenge again and so far... there hasn't BEEN a second challenge.

NeoMorph WTH
12-04-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm really not sure who's fault it is... but the companion app on iPad is showing the {SI} location fine which shows that UPLAY is registering that I have it.

I'm currently doing a full install again and it told me that there was going to be a 401mb download... guess there might have been a problem with the patch install....

It's just the response I had that really frustrated me....

"OH WOW I UNLOCKED THE TEMPLAR ARMOUR"
... followed quickly by...
"Oh dear... this Templar armour must have been locked away because it is hideous"
...followed by...
"OMG THE TEMPLARS STOLE MY SACRIFICE ISLAND.... IT WAS ALL A RUSE TO DISTRACT ME WHILE THEY STOLE THE ISLAND!"