PDA

View Full Version : Kenway fleet shipping time, seriously?

Oleg l Kirrlov
12-04-2013, 04:45 AM
I have not been checking up on the forums so idk if this has been posted. But what the hell, 1 day and a half to get 5200R? WTF, I get there are better ways but this is too long even if I wanna sell olive oil to africa. :/ anyone else feel me?

Kagurra
12-04-2013, 04:54 AM
yeah it's dumb. But if you have uplay friends doing it with you it's supposed to be faster. But since I bought my version on the xbox one, my friends either haven't gotten the xbox one yet and have a 360 version of the game which is incompatible as far as social stuff, or they have an xbox one but don't play AC.

phoenix-force411
12-04-2013, 06:06 AM
What's worse is when they're pending to open up for you. It could take 2 days.

Landruner
12-04-2013, 08:17 AM
yeah it's dumb. But if you have uplay friends doing it with you it's supposed to be faster. But since I bought my version on the xbox one, my friends either haven't gotten the xbox one yet and have a 360 version of the game which is incompatible as far as social stuff, or they have an xbox one but don't play AC.

I think it works with your Uplay friends rather than XBL and PSN - However: by using Uplay via my 360 I can't add friends??? the tab is locked!

NeoMorph WTH
12-04-2013, 11:01 AM
I'm not that bothered about the time... I just use it on my iPad while slowing down my brain for bed. A few battles and then send the fleet off with the cargo... by next morning the missions are completed and ready for the next night.

It's pretty cool once you realise you need to battle to get the raw material to trade with. I missed the battle bit completely and was trying to figure out "WHERE IS THE DARN CARGO?"

My one query is... I get these collectors items but I have NO idea where they are going to. Is there somewhere you can go and look at them?

lI Zen Il
12-04-2013, 11:14 AM
I just send my ships when I get online, then tomorrow when I get on the money will be waiting for me. Rinse, wash and repeat. It's not meant to be a get rich quick scheme.

FYI the best ship for kenways fleet are hunter man o wars, 70 firepower, 30 speed, and 90 cargo space.

NeoMorph WTH
12-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I just send my ships when I get online, then tomorrow when I get on the money will be waiting for me. Rinse, wash and repeat. It's not meant to be a get rich quick scheme.

FYI the best ship for kenways fleet are hunter man o wars, 70 firepower, 30 speed, and 90 cargo space.

Actually that's not the best... Remember, the bigger they are the slower they are. Those Man-O-War's are turtles. I use mostly frigates with a couple of Man-O-Wars for the battles.

FrankieSatt
12-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Not bothered at all by the times of the trips, as far as how long it takes to do it.

What I do have a problem with is that it takes 48 or 72 hours to even get to the damn mission. All of them should be accessible immediately.

pirate1802
12-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Not bothered by it, infact I'd say it makes it better than other minigames of the past. Where I'd eventually get bored of checking on them every 20 minutes and leave them be. Now I'd check on them once or twice every day and be tensionless for the rest of the time. So its better for me, saving me from the constant chore of checking and allocating ships. Its something you do and forget, getting into the REAL game. Its not supposed to be a quick cash grab anyway, as others have said. Just an alternate avenue of income using ships you plundered to good use, something to do with them when you don't want to repair or lower your wanted level. I mostly send ships when I'm about to sleep, I send them and the next morning my ships are back, sped up by friends.

And as it turns out, my uplay friends speed up my ships anyway so it rarely takes as much time as shown in the info panel. I mostly send ships when I'm about to sleep, I send them and the next morning my ships are back, sped up by friends. That's another plus. That the time taken is real time, not ingame time.

It's pretty cool once you realise you need to battle to get the raw material to trade with. I missed the battle bit completely and was trying to figure out "WHERE IS THE DARN CARGO?"

I think its a really well-made minigame, the internal economics works really well. All you gotta invest into it is ships, and you get Reals in return. Help friends and get fire barrels which you use to fight, which in turn gets you goods that you trade in for moneyz. But yes, I was similarly bemused by the cargo stuff at first. I thought the Kenway Fleet cago was the same stuff I plundered from ships in real time. I remember searching for ships carrying olive oil for quite a while lol

My one query is... I get these collectors items but I have NO idea where they are going to. Is there somewhere you can go and look at them?

Same.. I want to know how do you get the Officer's outfit :/

ladyleonhart
12-10-2013, 11:15 AM
I've been quite lucky and didn't find Kenway's fleet a problem at all. :) For me, it's only worked with my friends on PSN and I've only been accessing it on my PS3 as I don't have a tablet. As for the fleet mission times, you can actually reduce the time in the following ways:

1. Initiate a 'ship battle' and make the trade route safer.
2. Your friends can help to speed up your ships that are already on route. Additionally, if you help a friend you get a fire barrel that can be used in a ship battle as mentioned.

I just love collecting the Reales when a misson is successful. ^_~ Also, I actually unlocked an extra map yesterday.

Btw... not sure if anyone's noticed this, after starting a new game, your original fleet is still available and the mission progress continues. Of course, the only catch is that you can't access Kenway's fleet until you reach a particular point in the game, but it's not that late. :)

pirate1802
12-10-2013, 11:47 AM
I've noticed that you collected treasure maps carry over to a new game as well. Not sure if a bug or working as designed, but an awesome bug nonetheless!