PDA

View Full Version : What happened to that ship? *SPOILERS*

phoenix-force411
12-04-2013, 12:35 AM
I believe it was Sequence 8 when Blackbeard was slain. After the memory "Do Not Go Gently", whatever happened to Thatch's ship, The Queen's Revenge? Was it destroyed during the attack, and that's why he was waiting for us on Edward's Jackdaw?

Kagurra
12-04-2013, 12:37 AM
I believe it was Sequence 8 when Blackbeard was slain. After the memory "Do Not Go Gently", whatever happened to Thatch's ship, The Queen's Revenge? Was it destroyed during the attack, and that's why he was waiting for us on Edward's Jackdaw?

Probably.

But this reminds me of something. Isn't Blackbeard's last name originally Teach? I'm guessing he changed it or something at some point in history and that's the one he used during the Golden Age of Piracy. Thatch sounds better anyways...

ze_topazio
12-04-2013, 12:54 AM
From Wkipedia

Shortly after blockading Charleston harbor in May 1718, and refusing to accept the Governor's offer of a pardon, Blackbeard ran Queen Anne's Revenge aground while entering Beaufort Inlet. He disbanded his flotilla and escaped by transferring supplies onto a smaller ship, the Adventure. He stranded several crew members on a small island nearby, where they were later rescued by Captain Stede Bonnet. Some suggest Blackbeard deliberately grounded the ship as an excuse to disperse the crew. Shortly afterward, Blackbeard did surrender and accepted a royal pardon for himself and his remaining crewmen from Governor Charles Eden at Bath, North Carolina. However, he eventually returned to piracy and was killed in combat.

Sometime after the Charleston event the ship ran aground, so by the time of his death the ship had been rotting on some sandbank for some time, the wreck of the ship was discovered a couple years ago btw.

phoenix-force411
12-04-2013, 12:57 AM
From Wkipedia

Sometime after the Charleston event the ship ran aground, so by the time of his death the ship had been rotting on some sandbank for some time, the wreck of the ship was discovered a couple years ago btw.

Sad, the ship was cool. No idea where Edward retrieved the artifacts of the Queen's Revenge from.

DarktheMagister
12-04-2013, 01:11 AM
Sad, the ship was cool. No idea where Edward retrieved the artifacts of the Queen's Revenge from.

buried in a hidden chest in Havana I believe.

IWGCJoeCool
12-04-2013, 01:53 AM
and what's with that ship, big Man O' War that is aground on the little atoll?

JC

didymos1120
12-04-2013, 06:15 AM
Isn't Blackbeard's last name originally Teach?

No one knows for sure. Different sources have different names, though they're all something like "Thatch" or "Teach".

guardian_titan
12-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Records at the time were often shotty. Amazing we have what we do really, especially since the town recorder was often the town preacher. The preacher typically wrote down births, marriages, and deaths in his Bible. As to how accurate some information is considering how much of it is second or even third hand, who's to say. Quite often, babies were recorded weeks or even months after their births. Look at most birth/death records. Some people we have birth and death dates for. Others we're lucky to have simple years. So Blackbeard could've been Thatch or Teach. Accent could've played into one morphing into the other. Ever play the game telephone or round robin? Whisper something into a person's ear, they whisper it to the next, and it goes round a circle. By the time it gets back to you, chances are it won't be what you said originally. Not unlikely via word of mouth Blackbeard's name changed as well. Information tends to get mangled over retelling, especially in an era when people didn't really know how to read and relied on others who probably barely knew how themselves.

I know Travel Channel just recently has some people do an investigation on the land where Blackbeard's home was in North Carolina and they found evidence of the house. Unfortunately, I missed the show so not sure on the details. Just recall the commercial for it. Lot popping up on Blackbeard these last few years.

As for the Queen Anne's Revenge, not too hard to figure out she likely went down. Wikipage on the ship: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Anne's_Revenge Not exactly the most accurate, but not hard to find information on her. Rather interesting reading it.
Shortly after blockading Charleston harbor in May 1718, and refusing to accept the Governor's offer of a pardon, Blackbeard ran Queen Anne's Revenge aground while entering Beaufort Inlet. He disbanded his flotilla and escaped by transferring supplies onto a smaller ship, the Adventure. He stranded several crew members on a small island nearby, where they were later rescued by Captain Stede Bonnet. Some suggest Blackbeard deliberately grounded the ship as an excuse to disperse the crew. Shortly afterward, Blackbeard did surrender and accepted a royal pardon for himself and his remaining crewmen from Governor Charles Eden at Bath, North Carolina. However, he eventually returned to piracy and was killed in combat.
So Blackbeard didn't have Queen Anne's Revenge when he died which does explain why Blackbeard's on the Jackdaw just prior to his death. Also find it interesting that Blackbeard got a pardon from a guy named Eden. How'd they not put that in the game? Granted, I doubt they wanted to show Blackbeard taking a pardon after giving Hornigold flak for it.
Blackbeard: Hornigold took a pardon and is now too proud to call himself a pirate. :mad:
... Few months later
Blackbeard: I took a pardon. :nonchalance:
... :p