PDA

View Full Version : I'm OKAY With 2 Min Load Times! Bring Them Back! PLEASE!!!!!

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Sounds like a ridiculous request, right?
Well after playing through the first sequence of AC IV on an Xbox 360 or PS3 you will see that it isn't.
Allow me to explain...
THIS IS THE UGLIEST AC GAME IVE EVER PLAYED!!!!!!!!!!
If we have to sacrifice graphics for no load times - I want my load times back.
The world is seriously one of the ugliest in game worlds I've ever been in.
It looks like a PS2 port!
And I'm not even exaggerating!
Everything about the game so far just looks sooo lazy!
AC3 and ACR are more next gen looking than this.
Even skyrim looks better!!
CONSPIRACY:
I'm starting to think the Current Gen versions were rendered down on purpose just to make next gen look that much better.
The world is just painful to look at. Comparable to Dead Islands open world.
I'm so disappointed. :(

ze_topazio
12-03-2013, 06:12 PM
Too much rum? or are you playing a completely different game than everybody else?

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Too much rum? or are you playing a completely different game than everybody else?

I'll post picture to make my case. I dont have a capture card but even with a phone i can do justice haha give me a couple min

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 06:17 PM
I've heard it looks fine. Not great like next-gen/pc stuff, but still playable. I would never have bought it on current-gen though if I planned on getting a next-gen console any time within the next few months or had a gaming pc.

ProletariatPleb
12-03-2013, 06:21 PM
Do you also want us to return to caveman paintings?

Seriously wtf? Go BACK? Even now there's wayyyy too much loading. I have no idea what makes you think AC3 looks better, there's barely any difference between AC3 and IV graphically, just aesthetics.

HudisAbeba
12-03-2013, 06:26 PM
I think it looks great. Haven't really noticed any major differences from AC3, to be honest.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 06:43 PM
I will say AC3 isn't as clean as I remembered it being lol, but still
Look how choppy AC IV is compared to AC 3...
http://i40.tinypic.com/2hp2m2t.jpg

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 06:51 PM
I will say AC3 isn't as clean as I remembered it being lol, but still
Look how choppy AC IV is compared to AC 3...
http://i40.tinypic.com/2hp2m2t.jpg

Well it does have way more map to load at one time. AC3 just had small little maps in comparison.

Kaschra
12-03-2013, 06:53 PM
I don't see ANY difference at all, dude.
AC4 looks great, definitely not worse than AC3 or ACR.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 07:05 PM
I don't see ANY difference at all, dude.
AC4 looks great, definitely not worse than AC3 or ACR.

I don't have that much problem with the foreground but the background is a blur and that bothers me...
Sure it was also a blurr in AC3 but you could hardly notice it..it sticks out like a sore thumb in AC IV because thet blur is 5 ft infront of you vs 20 feet away in the past games.
Look at the vines on the wall...someone at ubisoft needs to go watch some Bob Ross footage -_-
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/70/Bob_at_Easel.jpg/250px-Bob_at_Easel.jpg

Man i shouldve bought a ps4 lol
Its getting in the way of my experience :(((

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 07:10 PM
Well it does have way more map to load at one time. AC3 just had small little maps in comparison.

TBH that and the color scheme is prob whats doing it...I guess bright colors give the choppiness away....if it is just based on the fact its one giant map instead of 5 smaller maps..id rather they go back to separating sections on the map lol

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 07:12 PM
this thread....man... Jesus Christ. I think this thread just gave me diabetes

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 07:13 PM
this thread....man... Jesus Christ. I think this thread just gave me diabetes
It is pretty sweet... 8)

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 07:14 PM
It is pretty sweet... 8)

hahaha hahaha! HA.

yeahhh.

but no

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 07:15 PM
I have no idea what makes you think AC3 looks better, there's barely any difference between AC3 and IV graphically, just aesthetics.
I'm sure for pc, XBOX1, and PS4 it looks just as good or even better.
On 360 and ps3 it looks like crap... =/
You're PC - you just wouldnt understand :(

Kaschra
12-03-2013, 07:22 PM
I play on PS3 too, and I really didn't notice any difference between AC3 and AC4. And definitely not one worth creating a overdramatic thread like this. And I'm NOT okay with 2 minutes loading time.
Goddammit, people whine about everything...

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 07:27 PM
I play on PS3 too, and I really didn't notice any difference between AC3 and AC4. And definitely not one worth creating a overdramatic thread like this.
Goddammit, people whine about everything...

It's not over dramatic...it looks like a ps2 game.
"Goddammit, people whine about everything"
You're whining...look at the BBQ Sauce on your own shirt before you tell someone about the BBQ sauce on theirs.
And not noticing doesn't make something non existent.
Oh some peopel don't notice..that makes it okay!
Well I do notice, I can't help but notice and it aggravates me.

ProletariatPleb
12-03-2013, 07:29 PM
As does AC3.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 07:31 PM
TBH that and the color scheme is prob whats doing it...I guess bright colors give the choppiness away....if it is just based on the fact its one giant map instead of 5 smaller maps..id rather they go back to separating sections on the map lol

I'd rather not play on weak hardware.

Next-gen AC4 looks fantastic. I don't understand the current-gen purchase. I'm just like... if it means so much to you, you should've waited until you could get a next-gen console to play it. It's not going anywhere.

Kaschra
"Goddammit, people whine about everything"
You're whining...look at the BBQ Sauce on your own shirt before you tell someone about the BBQ sauce on theirs.

Ahahahahahahaha....
No.

Now that was a weak comeback hahaha.

Kagurra
As does AC3.

Well technically AC3 looks like a 360/PS3 game. Eh, I though it looked pretty good when it came out.

STDlyMcStudpants
As does AC3.

AC3 is a modern marvel lol

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Ahahahahahahaha....
No.

Now that was a weak comeback hahaha.

how is that even a comeback? hahahahahhahahahahahahhahaa
it's called hypocrisy on your end - whining about whining

Sushiglutton
12-03-2013, 07:33 PM
So basically AC4 looks a lot like this on Ps3? I kind of doubt that tbh.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KwEBlUvcx60/UN2x8sX7kII/AAAAAAAAE38/-nBcAoHvx7Q/s1600/06.jpg

killzab
12-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Stop *****ing about the graphics and enjoy the game.

Or buy a PS4 ...

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Stop *****ing about the graphics and enjoy the game.

Or buy a PS4 ...

I'm sorry, I thought this was america..
Isnt this america?
I can't complain about the performance of a product i purchased?
I thought this was america.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Isnt this america?

Uh... gtfo?

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 07:36 PM
So basically AC4 looks a lot like this on Ps3? I kind of doubt that tbh.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KwEBlUvcx60/UN2x8sX7kII/AAAAAAAAE38/-nBcAoHvx7Q/s1600/06.jpg

if you want honesty..the world in this image is more clear than the blurfest of ac iv

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Uh... gtfo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2zlPNGuPbw

ProletariatPleb
12-03-2013, 07:38 PM
AC3 is a modern marvel lol

Well technically AC3 looks like a 360/PS3 game. Eh, I though it looked pretty good when it came out.
Modern Marvel

http://i.minus.com/iQeNf03cQ4G6g.jpg

http://i.minus.com/i4za7HVULQpOB.jpg

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=sidspyker24;9415131]Modern Marvel

http://i.minus.com/iQeNf03cQ4G6g.jpg

:O it's beautiful....

Kaschra
12-03-2013, 07:42 PM
how is that even a comeback? hahahahahhahahahahahahhahaa
it's called hypocrisy on your end - whining about whining

Nah, I just can't stand overdramatic people like you. And claiming "AC4 looks like crap! Like as PS2 game!" IS overdramatic IMO.
You are definitely exaggerating the difference between AC3 and AC4.

Or are you simply trolling?

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 07:45 PM
Nah, I just can't stand overdramatic people like you. And claiming "AC4 looks like crap! Like as PS2 game!" IS overdramatic IMO.
You are definitely exaggerating the difference between AC3 and AC4.

Or are you simply trolling?

I cant stand over dramatic people like you that think everything is over dramatic.
It DOES look like PS2 dude...it looks like Jak and Daxter
U mad?...bro

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 07:48 PM
He's totally trolling...

Kaschra
12-03-2013, 07:49 PM
I cant stand over dramatic people like you that think everything is over dramatic.
It DOES look like PS2 dude...it looks like Jak and Daxter
U mad?...bro

Yupp. Pretty sure you are trolling right now.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 07:50 PM
He's totally trolling...

I did start trolling after the first page.......
BUT the blur is almost too much to handle on current gen systems..it makes me want to cry..so im here crying, because venting is healthy.

Fatal-Feit
12-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Before I got Black Flag for PC and PS4, I've beaten it twice on PS3. And I have to say, the quality on PS3 is surprisingly decent and looks fairly good. Perhaps your TV settings needs a better adjustment(?)

(BTW-- AC3 ON PS3/360 SUCKS!!! No, really, it's not a fair comparison. Why must my favorite in the franchise get such a crappy last-gen port? T T)

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 07:53 PM
I did start trolling after the first page.......
BUT the blur is almost too much to handle on current gen systems..it makes me want to cry..so im here crying, because venting is healthy.

The trolling doesn't help your argument friend.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 07:55 PM
The trolling doesn't help your argument friend.

im not trying to make an argument..i presented my evidence that does this for me lol

ProletariatPleb
12-03-2013, 07:55 PM
:O it's beautiful....
http://i.minus.com/ibyR9dJzh49TyJ.jpg

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 07:56 PM
im not trying to make an argument..i presented my evidence that does this for me lol

Counter evidence outweighs yours.

poptartz20
12-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Haha... dafuq just happened!?

I read 5 pages of nonsense! lol! Then again I don't have this problem, because I'm playin on next gen! -- (sequence 6 Good God there is a ton to do in this game..)

Lol @ sushi and sid!

ProletariatPleb
12-03-2013, 08:13 PM
And let's not forget loading screen won't change anything. Seriously what in seven hells are you thinking? The game doesn't load the whole level all at once in this day and age. They load some parts and the rest is streamed.

So no even if they added more loading screens that wouldn't change absolutely anything.

luckyto
12-03-2013, 08:29 PM
To the OP, you are smoking crack. ACIV beats every AC there ever was (except maybe AC1 and that's only because the world was limited.) It's one of the best looking titles on current gen ever produced. The water effects are amazing, and no studio has ever come close to producing water that realistic. It has an incredible draw distance for current gen, and the next gen draw distance extends far out into the horizon. It manages light in ways that AC3 never did, actually reflecting the color of nearby objects and such. And for the first time, for the first time ever, it actually aliases shadows in a way that don't look like giant pixelated mess.

The only difference is that the new engine has created some graininess (tiny speckles and dots) where it is attempting to blend colors, shadow, etc.

x___Luffy___x
12-03-2013, 08:33 PM
visually AC4 is truly the next gen of any AC till date. the best AC game world created till now for me.

pacmanate
12-03-2013, 09:16 PM
I think your TV might be bad, cause current gen looks pretty slick.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 09:47 PM
I think your TV might be bad, cause current gen looks pretty slick.

if it is my tv it still doesnt explain why in the picture i posted AC3 is smooth and AC4 is choppy..
Maybe my eyes can catch things the normal eye cant....
Even the cut scenes look early gen.... =/

SixKeys
12-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Maybe my eyes can catch things the normal eye cant....

Must be if you thought AC3 was beautiful.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 09:52 PM
The only difference is that the new engine has created some graininess (tiny speckles and dots) where it is attempting to blend colors, shadow, etc.

Maybe this graininess is whats bothering me....
it was the first thing i noticed when i started the aveline missions..i just said ew, I hope the actual game doesnt look this bad..sure enough it did.

lothario-da-be
12-03-2013, 09:53 PM
PS2 lol? Even cod doesn't look ps2.

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Isnt this america?

Its things like that make the world laugh at America. JS

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 10:25 PM
I actually thought that AC3 was beautiful. The cities? no. But the frontier in the winter? Come on, it was stunning

DarktheMagister
12-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Actually, according to one of my browser apps, the servers for these forums are hosted in France. So technically this is France... not America.

Shahkulu101
12-03-2013, 10:29 PM
I actually thought that AC3 was beautiful. The cities? no. But the frontier in the winter? Come on, it was stunning

The cliffs of diamond-basin during summer was also breathtaking, until a cougar started nibbling on your backend, you were forced into a horrible QTE and remembered the game you were playing was ****.

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 10:34 PM
The cliffs of diamond-basin during summer was also breathtaking, until a cougar started nibbling on your backend, you were forced into a horrible QTE and remembered the game you were playing was ****.

I thought that you kinda liked AC3.

Am I the only one on these forums that actually liked AC3?

ze_topazio
12-03-2013, 10:38 PM
America is the place where people call the police when Mcdonalds is out of Chicken Nuggets, nothing surprises me.

Although to be fair, the other day, one of my neighbors wanted to call the police because the power had to be cut for a moment because of a water infiltration, stupid people exist everywhere.

AC3 and AC4 are more or less on the same level when it comes to graphics, but AC4 looks better thanks to a much better art direction.

Of course not, many people like it, i like it too, although is probably my less favorite, not counting portable titles.

luckyto
12-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Maybe this graininess is whats bothering me....
it was the first thing i noticed when i started the aveline missions..i just said ew, I hope the actual game doesnt look this bad..sure enough it did.

You aren't the first person to notice it. I can tell, but it's a fair trade-off IMO. It seems to be worse on characters faces (like Edward's hair) than anywhere else. It's trying to calculate the best shadow/light for small areas but the result is lots of small visibly different pixels rather than a smooth blur. The same system is what fixes the big shadows and removes most of that jagged edges for them. On finer details, it just can't work it right.

That's just my layman's view. You need a real programmer and 3-D artist to explain it proper. But it's not the result of bad graphics, it's the result of a better engine that's trying to do more but still needs refinement. Give it another game or two and it will be amazing. Overall, ACIV produces far superior graphics to its predecessors.

Shahkulu101
12-03-2013, 10:56 PM

I loved Connor and the majority of the main and side characters I liked, the overall story was good, frontier was pretty and the combat was refreshing (for a while). I did like the game, but didn't enjoy a lot of aspects - I was exaggerating.

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 11:08 PM
America is the place where people call the police when Mcdonalds is out of Chicken Nuggets, nothing surprises me.

Although to be fair, the other day, one of my neighbors wanted to call the police because the power had to be cut for a moment because of a water infiltration, stupid people exist everywhere.

AC3 and AC4 are more or less on the same level when it comes to graphics, but AC4 looks better thanks to a much better art direction.

Of course not, many people like it, i like it too, although is probably my less favorite, not counting portable titles.

To be fair, all those kind of ridiculous things happen everywhere in the world, it is just that the other countries do not always boast about how they are the most amazing country in the world, and get scared when any country (china) dares to expand and grow to an economical level near their own.

As individuals, the americans I have interacted with are very kind. They are not as kind as Brits, but more kind than say, the french people I have met. And they are definitely kinder than Russians.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-03-2013, 11:12 PM
You aren't the first person to notice it. I can tell, but it's a fair trade-off IMO. It seems to be worse on characters faces (like Edward's hair) than anywhere else. It's trying to calculate the best shadow/light for small areas but the result is lots of small visibly different pixels rather than a smooth blur. The same system is what fixes the big shadows and removes most of that jagged edges for them. On finer details, it just can't work it right.

That's just my layman's view. You need a real programmer and 3-D artist to explain it proper. But it's not the result of bad graphics, it's the result of a better engine that's trying to do more but still needs refinement. Give it another game or two and it will be amazing. Overall, ACIV produces far superior graphics to its predecessors.

There we go..this is exactly whats been bugging the crap out of me lol

Shahkulu101
12-03-2013, 11:12 PM
To be fair, all those kind of ridiculous things happen everywhere in the world, it is just that the other countries do not always boast about how they are the most amazing country in the world, and get scared when any country (china) dares to expand and grow to an economical level near their own.

As individuals, the americans I have interacted with are very kind. They are not as kind as Brits, but more kind than say, the french people I have met. And they are definitely kinder than Russians.

Have you ever interacted with a Scot?

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 11:13 PM
There we go..this is exactly whats been bugging the crap out of me lol

But..he said the opposite of what your ultimate opinion is...and the reason why you created this thread. Pls make sense

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Have you ever interacted with a Scot?

Yeah I went around the whole UK.

The following is just from my PERSONAL experience and I do not have any sort of prejudice

British people are really really kind and fuzzy. It kinda creeped me out, since I have a cold Russian heart, but I used to it. Not many russians in London.

The scots are awesome. Not quite as "fuzzy" as brits, but more hardy and jolly. Your accent sounded like a different language for the first few days.

The Irish are basically like scots to me,but a little more....folky...does that make sense? A lot of idioms

and drunks

ACfan443
12-03-2013, 11:24 PM
You never cease to send me into hysteria with your posts, you've outdone yourself here. Beauty is a subjectively interpreted characteristic, but come on STD, comparable to a PS2 game? Lol no.
AC4 is boasts stunning visuals on both current gen and even more so on PC/next gen platforms. Even though AC3 and AC4 are more or less the same on the technical side of things, it's AC4's stunning art direction which is the chief graphical facet making it a visually superior game, the lighting is warm, the colour scheme is vibrant and inviting, the cities are 10000000x more beautiful, foliage is thick and natural in appearance compared to AC3's bizarre stacked/overlapped leaf planes (go and synch a viewpoint in the frontier), draw distance and textures have improved, and the world in general is a dazzling utopia.
It's fine to argue which game out of the two are graphically superior, but to say it's on par with a PS2 game is just...stupid.

Shahkulu101
12-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Yeah I went around the whole UK.

The following is just from my PERSONAL experience and I do not have any sort of prejudice

British people are really really kind and fuzzy. It kinda creeped me out, since I have a cold Russian heart, but I used to it. Not many russians in London.

The scots are awesome. Not quite as "fuzzy" as brits, but more hardy and jolly. Your accent sounded like a different language for the first few days.

The Irish are basically like scots to me,but a little more....folky...does that make sense? A lot of idioms

and drunks

Did you go to Glasgow? Our accent sounds like a different language to most other Scots!

What a funny Scotsman said: We are likely to stab you, but we're kind enough to pay for your taxi to the hospital.

I take it you travel a lot?

pacmanate
12-03-2013, 11:25 PM
The scots are awesome. Not quite as "fuzzy" as brits, but more hardy and DRUNK

fixed

ProletariatPleb
12-03-2013, 11:27 PM
>Check a thread about loadtime/loadingscreen
>Suddenly it's about muicans and scots and brits interacting with people.

Shahkulu101
12-03-2013, 11:28 PM
fixed

You know what I hate the most? English people making stereotyped, generic 'insults' at Scottish people like " ohhhhh you lyyyykkk 'agggisss and bagpoipes init"

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 11:31 PM
You know what I hate the most? English people making stereotyped, generic 'insults' at Scottish people like " ohhhhh you lyyyykkk 'agggisss and bagpoipes init"

It was a joke. And I am not english. Oh wait you arent irish. Nevermind.

Apparently all Russians are unicycle riding circus bears.

They are not right, but...they are not exactly wrong either.

And yes, I travel a lot. Not always for pleasure.

Also, what is haggis? I heard it is like 4 animals stuffed inside each other. Never had it, but it sounds perfect

Shahkulu101
12-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Itwas a joke. And I am not english.

Apparently all Russians are unicycle ring circus bears.

They are not right, but...they are not exactly wrong either.

And yes, I travel a lot. Not always for pleasure.

Also, what is haggis? I heard it is like 4 animals stuffed inside each other. Never had it, but it sounds perfect

I am aware it was a joke, but felt my post relevant. 'Zat olrite wif u

Do you wish to divulge the reasons for your travels?

ACfan443
12-03-2013, 11:36 PM
>Check a thread about loadtime/loadingscreen
>Suddenly it's about muicans and scots and brits interacting with people.

Sigh, derailment.

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 11:38 PM
I am aware it was a joke, but felt my post relevant. 'Zat olrite wif u

Do you wish to divulge the reasons for your travels?

Well my my dad thought that the perfect time to travel around and see the world and live in different places was right after he left my mom. After leaving Russia He lived in Britain, France, and then settled in east US. That is why I come to US all the time. I go to school here. When my Dad went to UK, I visited one time, and we kinda decided to see all of UK, so we went to Scotland and Ireland.

Shahkulu101
12-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Sigh, derailment.

The replies to this thread were only providing fodder for STD to troll, celebrate this derailment as a victory.

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Sigh, derailment.

Was this thread even remotely relevant to anything to begin with?

Shahkulu101
12-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Well my my dad thought that the perfect time to travel around and see the world and live in different places was right after he left my mom. After leaving Russia He lived in Britain, France, and then settled in east US. That is why I come to US all the time. I go to school here. When my Dad went to UK, I visited one time, and we kinda decided to see all of UK, so we went to Scotland and Ireland.

Interesting. I plan to do the same, but return to Scotland indefinitely.

ACfan443
12-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Was this thread even remotely relevant to anything to begin with?

AC apparently, but I find it difficult to make sense of anything he says.

luckyto
12-03-2013, 11:53 PM
But..he said the opposite of what your ultimate opinion is...and the reason why you created this thread. Pls make sense

To each, their own. Aside from the wild exaggeration, I have a few friends who were bothered by this as well. I'm OK with it, because it fixed those damn pixelated shadows that have been driving me crazy since AC2, with a little side effect. Some probably prefer the old way.

ProletariatPleb
12-03-2013, 11:56 PM
To each, their own. Aside from the wild exaggeration, I have a few friends who were bothered by this as well. I'm OK with it, because it fixed those damn pixelated shadows that have been driving me crazy since AC2, with a little side effect. Some probably prefer the old way.
Be that as it may...

It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with loading screens.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Well after playing through the first sequence of AC IV on an Xbox 360 or PS3 you will see that it isn't.
Allow me to explain...
CONSPIRACY:
I'm starting to think the Current Gen versions were rendered down on purpose just to make next gen look that much better.

I agree. Frankly, I thought the framrate sucked too.

ze_topazio
12-04-2013, 12:09 AM
People obsess too much over graphics, i can play games from previous generations and still appreciate their beauty even with their inferior graphics, it's all about art direction.

luckyto
12-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Be that as it may...

It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with loading screens.

Haha... true dat.

DarktheMagister
12-04-2013, 12:56 AM

There are things I felt they could've done better on.... namely the trade/economy system.

But overall I really like AC3.

Kagurra
12-04-2013, 01:00 AM
There are things I felt they could've done better on.... namely the trade/economy system.

But overall I really like AC3.

I hated the cities. Sooooo boring. The combat was a bit boring too.

DarktheMagister
12-04-2013, 01:04 AM
People obsess too much over graphics, i can play games from previous generations and still appreciate their beauty even with their inferior graphics, it's all about art direction.

It's nice to see some of my favorites re-done in HD though....not to mention the ones that get facelifts like Ocarina.

DarktheMagister
12-04-2013, 01:07 AM

I suppose they kinda were when compared to the other titles. Nothing very iconic about early colonial American architecture.

I did like how alive the cities felt though.... what with the markets and the animal life roaming around. OH and the alleyway turkeys...so many alleyway turkeys.

DarktheMagister
12-04-2013, 01:08 AM
On the note of turkeys.... they really missed a chance to add huntable birds to AC3.... turkey/wild fowl/pheasant/etc.

Rugterwyper32
12-04-2013, 01:19 AM
I suppose they kinda were when compared to the other titles. Nothing very iconic about early colonial American architecture.

I did like how alive the cities felt though.... what with the markets and the animal life roaming around. OH and the alleyway turkeys...so many alleyway turkeys.

I liked them in an atmosphere sense, but disliked them in gameplay sense. Mainly because they didn't mess around with the cities enough to make freerunning across them that much more fun as it could have been. The new map revealing system for the game didn't help, either, you had too many areas that were boring to just walk around back and forth to uncover the map and with the system they had they could have at least put more viewpoints and made some reveal more than they do. I liked the subtle changes between Boston and New York, and I liked the style of architecture for those cities as it's certainly not how I pictured cities around there at all (even though I got to see some Colonial Architecture in Philly when I visited my girlfriend the year prior but that's something else entirely).

Wolfmeister1010
12-04-2013, 01:31 AM
On the note of turkeys.... they really missed a chance to add huntable birds to AC3.... turkey/wild fowl/pheasant/etc.

If Connor somehow gets a second game, I would LOVE to use the freeaim with it. I do not care what anyone thinks, the freeaim system WAS beneficial in AC4.

Kagurra
12-04-2013, 02:09 AM
If Connor somehow gets a second game, I would LOVE to use the freeaim with it. I do not care what anyone thinks, the freeaim system WAS beneficial in AC4.

I'm sure they will keep the free aim system.

Landruner
12-04-2013, 02:22 AM
Allow me to explain...
CONSPIRACY:

Dude, I was respecting your posts so far and they were interesting and making sense, but what is wrong with you? Seriously are you playing drunk or something?!Even your sample of picture you posted above are not even reflecting the quality of the game in comparing with AC3, and it looks like you took the pic directly from a TV screen with a digital camera (I saw the lines on the bottom) , come one dude, I know the trick...
Besides it is not even comparable to Skyrim on the Box or PS3 because Bethesda loaded the game on low res textures, which is not the case with AC4, and if it is the ugliest game that you ever played, well sorry either you are dishonest or you did not play a lot of game in you live

Please write constructive **it or complaint about the game but not **it like that that is not even true, and it is not coming from a huge supporter of AC4 and Ubi**it there.

One positive point you make is that Yes, it is a bit repetitive (Some pieces of Gameplay are, they screw the Assassin gameplay, the AI is moronic and some locations are repetitive and they loaded a cargo on hyping that game through the bone), but it does not justify the claim of loading screen, which is pure misunderstanding on the issues there.

Old Pa Guillemot would say from the far bottom of his familial farm in Bretagne, my sons, learn something you don't make money from the cheese and the butter before you milk the cows first, and they learned well their lesson from Pa and we even pay for our love of that franchise, but the butter and cheese even it is not any longer from the farm, but industrialized in chain factory is still tasty and looking good.

They did not get lazy with that game, they just do not have time to polish because of that damned pushing out the door in fall of each years that is asked by the Ubisoft executives for their damned annualisation and fiscal year reports. (I don't know which one is worse by the way, laziness or just annualisation for fiscal years and making the more money they can by any milky way possible?)

Please tell me that it is hopefully a joke. Come on seriously, graphic are not PS2's looking (You will have said PS1 port that was a badass thread) Lol!, No seriously they are not, what is wrong with you?.

delta_79_echo
12-04-2013, 02:40 AM
i had to make it interesting for myself by fighting waves of jägers while dodging grenadier axes. and also did multiple attempts to assassinate the officers of random patrols with a bow on the rooftops. pretty fun.:)

Rugterwyper32
12-04-2013, 02:46 AM
on seriously, graphic are not PS2's looking (You will have said PS1 port that was a badass thread) Lol!, No seriously they are not, what is wrong with you?.

Even if they were PS2 looking, it's by no mean bad. There are some great looking games from that gen, some terrible looking ones. Just look at the Remake of the original Resident Evil for the Gamecube or Splinter Cell Chaos Theory to see how good games that gen could look.
Want terrible looking graphics, even by the standards of the time of release? Come no further, I have the perfect example

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_l67x5TGxBUA/TGFsaaRml2I/AAAAAAAAAYo/swPccr9J3vs/s1600/superman64_1.jpg

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-04-2013, 02:59 AM

Agreed.

It's nice to see some of my favorites re-done in HD though....not to mention the ones that get facelifts like Ocarina.

Yup. I don't mind graphics but it is cool to replay games with redone graphics. My favorite example is Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary -- it plays the same way as the original game as it's not a remake nor is it a simple and cheaply/quickly made port of the original with better textures that still looks, more or less, like the original just perhaps sharper. They added a fully new graphics engine and allowed you to switch back and forth in graphics. If they remade AC2 with graphics similar to AC4...it'd be awesome.

Yeah but Havana has cats ON rooftops which is pretty cool. Or at least, there was a cat on a roof on one gameplay video I saw. So they kept that "living" feeling of the city but also made the city more fun for gameplay as Havana is more like Florence or Venice than Boston or NY.

Kagurra
12-04-2013, 03:20 AM
Yeah but Havana has cats ON rooftops which is pretty cool. Or at least, there was a cat on a roof on one gameplay video I saw. So they kept that "living" feeling of the city but also made the city more fun for gameplay as Havana is more like Florence or Venice than Boston or NY.

Havana is one of my favorite AC cities. I just wish it was bigger... it's too small. :/

Landruner
12-04-2013, 03:27 AM
Even if they were PS2 looking, it's by no mean bad. There are some great looking games from that gen, some terrible looking ones. Just look at the Remake of the original Resident Evil for the Gamecube or Splinter Cell Chaos Theory to see how good games that gen could look.
Want terrible looking graphics, even by the standards of the time of release? Come no further, I have the perfect example

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_l67x5TGxBUA/TGFsaaRml2I/AAAAAAAAAYo/swPccr9J3vs/s1600/superman64_1.jpg

Great ^^^^!!!! you are right graphic do not make the game, but they contribute to it as well - The problem I have with the OP is that it is not serious and not even comparable, and it does not make any sense that he compares the Graphic to a PS2 or even comparing it to Skyrim since Bethesda put low res textures and meshes onto the Xbox and PS3 games, which is not the case for AC4. I mean he is free of writing what he wants, but I believe that is not the point to be made there, and he is loosing his credibility with that thread.

Landruner
12-04-2013, 03:35 AM

A kicking the chicken option like the Fable(s) will be nice, I whish to kick turkeys in AC3.;) - Yep, nailing squirrels to the trees with the tomahawk and hunting some flying birds with the Ropedart will have made the game a must have of fun.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-04-2013, 03:47 AM
Even your sample of picture you posted above are not even reflecting the quality of the game in comparing with AC3, and it looks like you took the pic directly from a TV screen with a digital camera (I saw the lines on the bottom) , come one dude, I know the trick...

both pictures are taken by a cell phone... both have the disadvantage of being a tv shot....

STDlyMcStudpants
12-04-2013, 03:50 AM
I will admit the more i play the less it bothers me.
But on that first island its alll i could see.

DarktheMagister
12-04-2013, 04:40 AM
I liked them in an atmosphere sense, but disliked them in gameplay sense. Mainly because they didn't mess around with the cities enough to make freerunning across them that much more fun as it could have been. The new map revealing system for the game didn't help, either, you had too many areas that were boring to just walk around back and forth to uncover the map and with the system they had they could have at least put more viewpoints and made some reveal more than they do. I liked the subtle changes between Boston and New York, and I liked the style of architecture for those cities as it's certainly not how I pictured cities around there at all (even though I got to see some Colonial Architecture in Philly when I visited my girlfriend the year prior but that's something else entirely).

Oh yeah.... that is one thing I didn't like about AC3. The stupid map that didn't reveal itself after syncing to all the reach high points. I had to walk so much back and forths in the north of New York to reveal the whole thing.

DarktheMagister
12-04-2013, 04:51 AM
Agreed.

Yup. I don't mind graphics but it is cool to replay games with redone graphics. My favorite example is Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary -- it plays the same way as the original game as it's not a remake nor is it a simple and cheaply/quickly made port of the original with better textures that still looks, more or less, like the original just perhaps sharper. They added a fully new graphics engine and allowed you to switch back and forth in graphics. If they remade AC2 with graphics similar to AC4...it'd be awesome.

Oh Yeah! ROOF CAT!!! I stop to pet roof cat every time I see it.

Anykeyer
12-04-2013, 06:54 AM
AC4 has a lot of loading screens. In fact EVERY major location is separate small map. Sea map only includes small fisherman villages and coconut islands.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Havana is one of my favorite AC cities. I just wish it was bigger... it's too small. :/

Is it really? So it's smaller than Florence or Venice? URGHHHH! In terms of things that interest me about AC4...

It goes Havana and the story (hoping it's good and that's something I can ONLY judge for myself since the majority of people despised Connor and I loved Connor but hated the gameplay in his game)

Then Kingston way behind Havana.

Then Nassau/Sea Roaming/Island shenanigans. If the thing I'm most interested in is so small...that makes my interest in the game much less....

Oh Yeah! ROOF CAT!!! I stop to pet roof cat every time I see it.

Once I get AC4, I will probably do the same haha

Farlander1991
12-04-2013, 10:27 AM
I think Havana's large enough. I enjoyed going through pretty much the whole lot of it, as opposed to previous AC cities where, as beautiful as they are, there'd always be something that I'd consider to be bland or boring (or as it happens that doesn't even have collectibles in the area) due to their size. And Havana still gives the feeling of a big city full of life, which is more important I feel than the factual size.

ze_topazio
12-04-2013, 11:20 AM
AC4 cities are not that large but they don't need to be larger considering how little the story uses them.