PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Title Update #2 is LIVE!

Mr_Shade
12-03-2013, 05:50 PM
We want to make sure that you have the absolute best experience possible while playing Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. That's why we are very pleased to unveil a brand new Title Update designed to improve many aspects of AC4!

Here's a full list of fixes included in the update:

SINGLE-PLAYER:
* Fixed an issue that made the Juan Garcia assassination contract in Matanzas impossible to finish in certain conditions
* Fix detection issues
* Fixed desynchronization issues during main missions
* Fix various display issues
* Fixed some graphical issues
* Fixed various online sharing issues relating to White Whales, Social Chests and Royal Convoys
* Fixed sword-spawning issues
* Fixed some database entry issues
* Fixed DLC trailer issues
* Fixed various animation issues
* And other various issues

MULTIPLAYER
* Fix various crash issues
* Voice Chat improvements
* Fixed Wolfpack game mode behavior with Join In Progress option
* Fixed aspects of the Teleport & Bodyguard Abilities
* Fixed issues with host migration in Wolfpack Game Mode.
* Fixed approach meter behavior when under Timephase Ability effect.
* Fixes implemented in Havana & Kingston maps
* Fixed certain Ability set issues in Manhunt.
* Fixed the Booby Trap activation time
* Fixed frequency of the "extra time target" appearing in Wolfpack Game Mode

drakkar321
12-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Thank you for the update!!!

By any chance is there someplace to find more detailed information on the patch notes? Specifically, I a curious about which display and graphical issues were fixed, and what the other various other fixes are? Either way, thank you.

AIi-S
12-03-2013, 06:32 PM
But this didn't fix FPS issue, think it's nothing changed about optimization of this game

jackspar4u
12-03-2013, 06:39 PM
It was going well before this update. Now UPLAY CRASHES. I downloaded some files as I was prompted to do so, the download did not complete and UPLAY crashes all time now. I choose to play offline and the ACBFSP.exe error. @#^#*$&^@*. This is irritating MR. SHADES. PLEASE DONT TELL TO RE INSTALL, IT TAKES 1.5 HOURS TO DO THAT.

Externall89
12-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Yeah this patch is pure fail , the widescreen resolution for 2580*1080 screens is broken wich leads to me not playing , because playing on lower resolution on this screen looks like utter crap!

Lokikron
12-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Oh there was a patch, that explains something.

Found a bug!

In wolfpack the bonus objectives get frozen so you don't get credit for completing them/can't get new bonus objectives. It seems fine until the "use ability before killing target" and "Get focus+Acro" bonuses, I've had it freeze when both of those were active twice.

MnemonicSyntax
12-03-2013, 06:53 PM
We want to make sure that you have the absolute best experience possible while playing Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. That's why we are very pleased to unveil a brand new Title Update designed to improve many aspects of AC4!

SINGLE-PLAYER:
* Fixed an issue that made the Juan Garcia assassination contract in Matanzas impossible to finish in certain conditions
* Fix detection issues
* Fixed various online sharing issues relating to White Whales, Social Chests and Royal Convoys

MULTIPLAYER

Shade, it's not in the patch notes, but I know that they added a vertical crossbar for the mouse "tool selection" which allows the ability to select the throwing knife now. Also, my bonuses don't load up each time at the start, which is great.

HawnyRatGod
12-03-2013, 07:28 PM

SINGLE-PLAYER:
* Fix detection issues

MULTIPLAYER

Previously I was using the alt-tab trick to make AC 4 run smoothly with no black border or lost frames. Since this update however, I'm running at about 15 FPS and pressing alt-tab does nothing to fix it. So the patch has broken the game for us!

Mannfred_Pb
12-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Social Events still seem to be broken for me. I have a Royal convey on my map but it expired and no ships spawn at it. I was hoping with a patch that it would be removed or spawn another, but neither happened. I've also sailed around the world about twice now and still haven't fount anything new, whales/conveys. The only time I've received a shared event from my friends list or fount one myself has been back when I first started the game, so maybe the 20th-21st of November?

Its not really a huge issue considering I'm at 100% sync now, but trying to partake in the AC Initiates activities becomes impossible without working Events in my game. Also my database is also still stuck at 98% sync when it seems I have all entries that fellow players with a 100% sync have.

Erowz
12-03-2013, 08:38 PM
okay so after installing it its just wont work.. either sp or mp.. it sais ac4bfsp.exe stopped working .. i dont know whats the problem.. its so annoying what is wrong with this game every other ac game ran perfectly.. please plaes fix this im dying to play this game normally without problems at last.

btw i dont have the steam edition i bought the buccaneer edition and it gave me problems since the beginning . all i want is to play the single player connected online without a problem.. will it be possible soon??

LegoClaes
12-03-2013, 08:46 PM
This is the biggest tease ever. Social events are still not working.

x___Luffy___x
12-03-2013, 08:55 PM
It was going well before this update. Now UPLAY CRASHES. I downloaded some files as I was prompted to do so, the download did not complete and UPLAY crashes all time now. I choose to play offline and the ACBFSP.exe error. @#^#*$&^@*. This is irritating MR. SHADES. PLEASE DONT TELL TO RE INSTALL, IT TAKES 1.5 HOURS TO DO THAT.

i had a similar error when i updated. just verify files. that fixed it for me.

http://i.picpar.com/bu1.jpg

l_NoK_l
12-03-2013, 09:02 PM
I spent 59.99 EURO in the special Deluxe Edition, just to have to wait for a stupid patch that, in my point of view, changed very little things.
I know my Asus G74 SX is already 2 years old, but don't expect me to play this game with EVERYTHING on Low or Off, and with a resolution of 1400x1050, on a computer that runs Rome 2 on maxed settings.

Well Done Ubisoft, last time i spend my money on poorly optimized versions of PS4 games :mad:

MnemonicSyntax
12-03-2013, 09:27 PM
I spent 59.99 EURO in the special Deluxe Edition, just to have to wait for a stupid patch that, in my point of view, changed very little things.
I know my Asus G74 SX is already 2 years old, but don't expect me to play this game with EVERYTHING on Low or Off, and with a resolution of 1400x1050, on a computer that runs Rome 2 on maxed settings.

Well Done Ubisoft, last time i spend my money on poorly optimized versions of PS4 games :mad:

Not all games are created equal.

Also, it's been stated that there is no real support for Mobile Graphics Cards, but have you tried contacting support anyway?

Anykeyer
12-04-2013, 07:09 AM
Inability to select throwing knife: fixed
Godrays reseting to low when using eagle vision: fixed
ULC messages spam on each launch: fixed

Social events: same crap as before, not a single event after 4h of sailing, also game still does not recognise friend list

Woflpack secondary objectives: introduced new bug, they stop being registered and giving bonus points after about sequence 20 or 10m in session. Makes beating hardcore almost impossible

valerko342
12-04-2013, 07:49 AM
I have the same problems: no any Social events and in gameplay still does not recognise friend list

Moral4postel
12-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Also still no social events for me!

Dellers
12-04-2013, 06:52 PM
I have the same problems: no any Social events and in gameplay still does not recognise friend list
Apparently the friend list thing happens when you have more than 50 Uplay friends. Ridiculous, but that's how it works. I deleted probably 30 people today to check, and I can see friends on the leaderboards now. I can see the name of helpers and those I help in Kenway's fleet now as well.

Anykeyer
12-04-2013, 08:10 PM
BS. They cant count to 100?
Same problem affects Kenway's Fleet from mobile app, does not even connect if there are >50 friends. I refuse to delete ppl for ****s sake. I have 80 and about 60 (its over 50 in case Ubi cant count) of them I added from playing MP and none of them is random, only about 20 are semi-random ppl I recently added for AC4 SP.

Does this (having <50 friends) fix social stuff appearing or not?

Dellers
12-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Nope, it only fixes leaderboards and names in the fleet helping. Events are still gone for me.

valerko342
12-05-2013, 04:34 AM
OK! I'll try to reduce my friend's list today.

HypeR.tgL
12-05-2013, 04:38 AM
I'm having problems where you can't use the vertical tool selector with the mouse wheel whilst using a picked up item, a singular sword for example.

Sandcracka
12-05-2013, 06:59 AM
At least some of you can play multiplayer. My game crashes every time I try to play multi. I can play single player without any issues. Playing the game on max settings except for shadows on high. But the multiplayer always crashes when a round starts.

S.T.A.R.A.C.
12-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Fix ****ty performance!!!

Or lie at least! Say that you have improved performance in certain situations, but you haven't!

I would at least lie!

MnemonicSyntax
12-05-2013, 04:07 PM
Fix ****ty performance!!!

Or lie at least! Say that you have improved performance in certain situations, but you haven't!

I would at least lie!

Can you be more specific?

S.T.A.R.A.C.
12-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Can you be more specific?

No.

They know what i'm talking about.

But here is my thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810937-About-optimization