PDA

View Full Version : When is the next community event?

luckyto
12-03-2013, 04:21 PM
I would like to unlock the explorer outfit, wheellock pistols and last sets of Jackdaw upgrades. The only place in the menu that I found mention of a community event was in the Leaderboards section.

Please advise.

luckyto
12-03-2013, 06:09 PM
anybody? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Yeah they don't seem to care about this. Kinda wish they'd drop it and give us our content.

UbiVolfbane
12-03-2013, 06:55 PM
The events vary when they appear and last. Unfortunately, I have no information regarding the community events. I ask you to please continue to check frequently for the next event.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 07:38 PM
The events vary when they appear and last. Unfortunately, I have no information regarding the community events. I ask you to please continue to check frequently for the next event.

Well, thanks for the reply, although I haven't seen a single community challenge since next-gen came out. Also have a blue royal convoy icon stuck on my map... so that's a thing.

jetlee2777
12-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Well, thanks for the reply, although I haven't seen a single community challenge since next-gen came out. Also have a blue royal convoy icon stuck on my map... so that's a thing.

When I asked last time Mr_Shade about it all what he said regarding this matter was this:

Hi,

The team are aware that some people didn't get the unlock - and are working to fix that - the awards will be rotated - so it maybe available again at a later date - but the unlock criteria will be different.

The unlocks are not announced until the team are ready - so I can't say when or what - however they will return, when they have fixed the issue with the first one!

So in other words there wonīt be any new community challenge as long as they donīt fix the problem with the first one,where some people incl. me didnīt unlock the explorer outfit,eventhough they did the last challenge like me.

Regards,

jetlee2777

luckyto
12-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Oh, so it's broken. And they won't do more until it's fixed. So we can expect a patch for this I guess.

Thanks Jet and all for the info. It's been driving me mad. I can wait.

jetlee2777
12-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Oh, so it's broken. And they won't do more until it's fixed. So we can expect a patch for this I guess.

Thanks Jet and all for the info. It's been driving me mad. I can wait.

Yes the question is only WHEN the patch for it will come.

As I would really like to play the next community challenge and get the "El Impoluto" figurehead.

Ah and I forgot in my previous post to said that for me,sometimes the blue royal convoy icon stucked as well,and I donīt know why.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Yes the question is only WHEN the patch for it will come.

As I would really like to play the next community challenge and get the "El Impoluto" figurehead.

Ah and I forgot in my previous post to said that for me,sometimes the blue royal convoy icon stucked as well,and I donīt know why.

I don't care about the figureheads. You barely see them anyways. I stick with the Jackdaw's figurehead as it fits the name obviously, and the Jackdaw's wheel because it matches the ships color scheme and other wheels look weird. I also use the elite sails you get from uplay, but I literally see no difference from the white sails you get by default, so if somebody knows the difference that'd be great.

I more so just want to get the explorer outfit just to have it.

luckyto
12-03-2013, 09:24 PM
I mainly need the wheellock pistol and the explorer outfit. Gotta 100% my Kenway.

MnemonicSyntax
12-03-2013, 09:32 PM
I mainly need the wheellock pistol and the explorer outfit. Gotta 100% my Kenway.

Those challenges don't contribute to the 100% of the game. It does contribute to the "pistols"/"swords" 100%, but beyond that, you can still 100% the game without those items.

Shahkulu101
12-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Not quite on topic, but what fleet mission is needed to acquire the govenor's outfit? And will the outfits carry over into my new game should I decide to do one?

Also, will the outfits carry over from PS3 to 4? Sorry for all the questions.

aL_____eX
12-03-2013, 10:16 PM
You unlock the governor's outfit by looting a social chest. If you're talking about the officer's outift, then I believe it should be the mission "Great Reputation" at Mediterian Sea II

second and third question: I was wondering about this, too. But I don't think they will.

LeVoyageur07
12-04-2013, 02:28 AM
The problem with not having any community challenges is that I just finished the game on the weekend with 100% sync.

Now I will move on to the next game. I had no plans to return AC4.

And it took me a month to finish the game, I know lots of gamers finish it in much less time. Do they keep starting the game just to see if a new community challenge has started?

RoBg03
12-04-2013, 02:39 AM
I don't care about the figureheads. You barely see them anyways. I stick with the Jackdaw's figurehead as it fits the name obviously, and the Jackdaw's wheel because it matches the ships color scheme and other wheels look weird. I also use the elite sails you get from uplay, but I literally see no difference from the white sails you get by default, so if somebody knows the difference that'd be great.

I more so just want to get the explorer outfit just to have it.

where did you see the elite sails on uplay? i looked there and i already got the edward the legend, some swords i never use, and something else i forgot about but i never saw the elite sails...what do they look like btw? worth getting?

Kagurra
12-04-2013, 02:44 AM
where did you see the elite sails on uplay? i looked there and i already got the edward the legend, some swords i never use, and something else i forgot about but i never saw the elite sails...what do they look like btw? worth getting?

It's part of one of the cheaper packs. You get all the "elite" ship gear, but most of it is ugly. Like I said, I can't tell any difference from the Elite to the default White sails, although it says the Elite sails bear the emblem of an Elite ship. Who knows. I just use it because it's basically the same as default without actually being default. I'd use the white sails anyways, looks great on the Jackdaw, especially when you fully upgrade it.