PDA

View Full Version : A simple mod to change everything

Blargenth
12-03-2013, 06:28 AM
I want to do a simple music mod for the game that changes the soundtrack to the Pirates of the Caribbean theme when in ship to ship battle and when boarding an enemy ship. Would it be an easy music file substitution or would it be a lot more complicated than that?

D.I.D.
12-03-2013, 06:37 AM
It won't be simple. You'll need something that can extract .pck files, but it's unlikely that the audio files are just sitting around inside. The contents will probably be split and slotted together in ways that won't be obvious unless you're experienced with these things, and then of course you'll need to know what you're doing recompiling the .pck.

Blargenth
12-03-2013, 07:19 AM
It won't be simple. You'll need something that can extract .pck files, but it's unlikely that the audio files are just sitting around inside. The contents will probably be split and slotted together in ways that won't be obvious unless you're experienced with these things, and then of course you'll need to know what you're doing recompiling the .pck.
Damn, well its good I'm a game programer

BridgetFisher
12-03-2013, 12:54 PM
this would be really fun are you able to do the OGG files right for that? A guy did something similar with FF7, hes on steam and did a great job, maybe he could lend a hand since hes been down that road before? He had the loops worked out just right, all the faded ins, and worked with all these other game files doing crazy programming things to make it work, not just repacking....

Blargenth
12-03-2013, 10:08 PM
this would be really fun are you able to do the OGG files right for that? A guy did something similar with FF7, hes on steam and did a great job, maybe he could lend a hand since hes been down that road before? He had the loops worked out just right, all the faded ins, and worked with all these other game files doing crazy programming things to make it work, not just repacking....
Can you tell me what his account name was?

Gloomfrost
12-04-2013, 04:31 AM
I to am very interested in modifying the music files i guess

sounds_sfx_music.pck

actually i want to modify and change some of Brain Tylers brilliant music to be in different parts when sailing.

Would very much like to hear if someone comes up with a way to unpack and repack these files.