PDA

View Full Version : Community Challenges

Amsetlover
12-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Hello

I've been playing Assassin's creed IV since it's release on PC, and I'm currently at 92% synch, and of course, I'm going for the 100%

So, for that, there's some things that are only obtainable by completing community challenges,and I know nothing about them

Can someone explain to me what they are? How to complete them? Where can I stay informed about the on-going challenges and suchs?

Thanks in advance

Amsetlover
12-03-2013, 01:33 PM
bump

Eagle017
12-03-2013, 04:24 PM
HI, this is what I know:
As the Name says, these are challenges for the whole community. The last one was to achieve 20000 kills I think in total and if you participated with at least 20 kills you got the reward (in this case the Explorer outfit) but the challenge and the reward is always diffrent. I don't really know where you can find News about it but if you pause the game and klick on database you should find the community challenge among the Rankings. Its greyed out at the Moment because they're working on a fix. During the last challenge not everyone got the reward even if they had their 20 kills. To avoid this in future they try to fix it before the next starts. And don't worry because you missed the first challenge because they will rotate. The next reward will probably not be the Outfit but it will occur somewhere in the future again.
Since there was a patch today, I'm looking Forward to the challenges to continue soon.

P.S.: Currently I'm speculating if the community Events on AC Initiates are the same as the cc in the main game. The condition to kill some amount of People was quite similar but i doubt that the challenge on initiates should have redeemed the Explorer Outfit. in my opinion they are different but thats just my guess

Syr.Jake
12-03-2013, 05:10 PM
You can view your Sync status through the Abstergo Challenges link in the Pause Menu.

I am not in game at the moment, but I do not recall Community Challenges being on the list for 100% sync.

Social stuff, yes. Where you have to share 3 social finds, but not the actual Community Challenges.

Amsetlover
12-03-2013, 09:11 PM
You can view your Sync status through the Abstergo Challenges link in the Pause Menu.

I am not in game at the moment, but I do not recall Community Challenges being on the list for 100% sync.

Social stuff, yes. Where you have to share 3 social finds, but not the actual Community Challenges.

Abstergo Challenges and Community Challenges are different things

MnemonicSyntax
12-03-2013, 09:22 PM
The Abstergo Challenges require you to do Social Events, which are treasure chests, white whales and Royal Convoys. They appear randomly and are based on proximity. Ubisoft has had some issues with Social Events working, but apparently that's been resolved with the latest patch. The Challenges for "100%" require you to share I believe 3 Social Events.

Community Challenges are challenges created by Ubisoft to get the Community to participate toward a common goal, in the case of the first one, you had to kill a combined total of 20 million soldiers via stealth assassination. If you were in combat, they didn't count. Also, each person had to contribute at least 20 kills to acquire the Explorer's Outfit.

There has not been any sort of Single Player Community Challenges for PC of yet, the aforementioned one being for Current Gen Consoles only. But, do not worry, there will be others and the Explorer Outfit will be achievable.

While I realize you want 100%, getting the Community Challenge outfits/swords/pistols won't contribute to that 100% except on the screen that shows the pistols and swords percentage. It doesn't count toward 100%ing the game.

There's been loads of topics on this before, and while I don't really mind repeating myself to help others, saying "bump" to bump the thread 15 minutes to get your information when it could have been easily searched for, is annoying. The people here who contribute and help others, like JessieColt, do it on a strictly volunteer basis and "bumping" a thread 15 minutes after posting is ridiculous. Please allow some time before bumping a thread, if it gets missed, perhaps 24 hours or 12 hours, or next time actively seek the solution out, because I know I've said the same information multiple times already.

Thanks, I hope you understand and if you have any other questions, you can always send me a message. But... give me time to answer it, LOL.

Syr.Jake
12-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Abstergo Challenges and Community Challenges are different things

Yes, I am aware of that. Which is why I said that for 100% you needed SOCIAL finds and not Community Challenges.

Thank you for reading before replying :)

Amsetlover
12-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Yes, I am aware of that. Which is why I said that for 100% you needed SOCIAL finds and not Community Challenges.

Thank you for reading before replying :) hurr durr

I meant the REAL 100%, all achievements, all weapons, all outfits. not the 100% synchronization.

Thank you for realizing before replying :)

MnemonicSyntax
12-06-2013, 08:35 PM
I meant the REAL 100%, all achievements, all weapons, all outfits. not the 100% synchronization.

Thank you for realizing before replying :)

You couldn't get all of the "real" 100% anyway because there's only been one SP Community Challenge. So the other content would still be locked.

You'll just have to wait patiently for the events to occur.

jetlee2777
12-06-2013, 08:58 PM
The Abstergo Challenges require you to do Social Events, which are treasure chests, white whales and Royal Convoys. They appear randomly and are based on proximity. Ubisoft has had some issues with Social Events working, but apparently that's been resolved with the latest patch. The Challenges for "100%" require you to share I believe 3 Social Events.

Community Challenges are challenges created by Ubisoft to get the Community to participate toward a common goal, in the case of the first one, you had to kill a combined total of 20 million soldiers via stealth assassination. If you were in combat, they didn't count. Also, each person had to contribute at least 20 kills to acquire the Explorer's Outfit.

There has not been any sort of Single Player Community Challenges for PC of yet, the aforementioned one being for Current Gen Consoles only. But, do not worry, there will be others and the Explorer Outfit will be achievable.

While I realize you want 100%, getting the Community Challenge outfits/swords/pistols won't contribute to that 100% except on the screen that shows the pistols and swords percentage. It doesn't count toward 100%ing the game.

There's been loads of topics on this before, and while I don't really mind repeating myself to help others, saying "bump" to bump the thread 15 minutes to get your information when it could have been easily searched for, is annoying. The people here who contribute and help others, like JessieColt, do it on a strictly volunteer basis and "bumping" a thread 15 minutes after posting is ridiculous. Please allow some time before bumping a thread, if it gets missed, perhaps 24 hours or 12 hours, or next time actively seek the solution out, because I know I've said the same information multiple times already.

Thanks, I hope you understand and if you have any other questions, you can always send me a message. But... give me time to answer it, LOL.

No yourīre wrong about it,as it wasnīt saying in the community challenge that you have to do stealth assasination just kill 20 enemies thatīs all to aquire the Explorer Outfit as it actually said to me that I aquired it,but for some reason itīs still unlocked for me.

And at least in the Ps3 you can see it in the menue,when you press start under AC initiates there itīs saying if thereīs a new community challenge but like Eagle017 has said already as long as they donīt fix the issue with the first one where some people like me didnīt unlock the explorer outfit there wonīt be any new community challenge right now.

MnemonicSyntax
12-06-2013, 10:29 PM
No yourīre wrong about it,as it wasnīt saying in the community challenge that you have to do stealth assasination just kill 20 enemies thatīs all to aquire the Explorer Outfit as it actually said to me that I aquired it,but for some reason itīs still unlocked for me.

And at least in the Ps3 you can see it in the menue,when you press start under AC initiates there itīs saying if thereīs a new community challenge but like Eagle017 has said already as long as they donīt fix the issue with the first one where some people like me didnīt unlock the explorer outfit there wonīt be any new community challenge right now.

If you kill an enemy without him knowing it, it's a stealth kill. If you're in combat, and you kill them, it doesn't count toward the 20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u4HF-Iqkmg

Frag_Maniac
12-06-2013, 11:32 PM
I'm a bit confused here. Some describe Community Challenges/Social Events as mp features, but I've read articles saying they're singleplayer features.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell they are merely special content seen during the sp campaign that only appear if UPlay is in Online mode, and the stats pertaining to them are shared by the community, similar to leaderboards in mp?

If that is correct, how does one "Share" a Community Challenge or Social Event? Is there some friending exchange of info that needs to take place within UPlay?

I'm sorry but it seems Ubi is going to ridiculous extremes cluttering the sp with this social gimmickry. I can see opening up the sp to add compatibility and support for mobile devices, but why force a social exchange as part of an sp completion?

On a semi related note, I'd like to also ask if Kenway's Fleet can be managed solely on a desktop PC, vs a mobile device? Reason I ask is I'd like to make use of it to speed up resource farming, and I've noticed in game on my desktop PC there seems to be a way to connect to Kenway's Fleet via the map table in Edward's captain's quarters. With my prior used copy of the game though I could never connect that way, because it required an online pass. I just won a Steam copy of the game though, so hopefully when I get to that point I'll be able to use Kenway's Fleet without a mobile device.

MnemonicSyntax
12-07-2013, 01:42 AM
I'm a bit confused here. Some describe Community Challenges/Social Events as mp features, but I've read articles saying they're singleplayer features.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell they are merely special content seen during the sp campaign that only appear if UPlay is in Online mode, and the stats pertaining to them are shared by the community, similar to leaderboards in mp?

If that is correct, how does one "Share" a Community Challenge or Social Event? Is there some friending exchange of info that needs to take place within UPlay?

I'm sorry but it seems Ubi is going to ridiculous extremes cluttering the sp with this social gimmickry. I can see opening up the sp to add compatibility and support for mobile devices, but why force a social exchange as part of an sp completion?

On a semi related note, I'd like to also ask if Kenway's Fleet can be managed solely on a desktop PC, vs a mobile device? Reason I ask is I'd like to make use of it to speed up resource farming, and I've noticed in game on my desktop PC there seems to be a way to connect to Kenway's Fleet via the map table in Edward's captain's quarters. With my prior used copy of the game though I could never connect that way, because it required an online pass. I just won a Steam copy of the game though, so hopefully when I get to that point I'll be able to use Kenway's Fleet without a mobile device.

Sure.

Community Challenges are where you have one objective as a Community to do something by a certain date. The first and only Single Player CC had you as a Community Stealth Assassinate 20 million enemies. As a member of the Community (anyone online) you had to have at least 20 Stealth Assassinations to get the item, which was the Explorer Outfit.

Social Events are the White Whales, Social Chests and Royal Convoys that spawn at certain positions. You share them with friends automatically, as long as they are on your friend list via UPlay (on PC, don't know how it works for consoles) and that same location is shared with them.

Neither are multiplayer events, nor are they Leaderboards. One is a global wide event, the other is for your friends only. If you don't have any friends, they still occur regardless.

However, there's an issue with the Social Events and it's causing issue, so until that's fixed, I doubt we'll have another Community Challenge.

Neither of them really "clutter" up anything, it's stuff you'd do anyways, it's just a combined effort/shared with friends. The fleet thing however, DOES (in my opinion) is annoying. You should be able to access it in the Captain's quarters once you get your Steam version and not need a mobile device. Likewise, if you have friends and they are doing the Fleet events, you can help usher their ships along faster, and vice versa for you as well.

Frag_Maniac
12-07-2013, 04:36 AM
Yeah I found Ubi's Kenway's Fleet FAQ a bit earlier today before checking back in here, and it says it's accessible in game or via the mobile app. I'm not at the point of the game where you even have lowered wanted status yet though, let alone fleet options. Pretty close though.

I decided to restart the whole game vs paste in my save progress from my used hard disc copy. Didn't want to risk it messing something up and I'd rather have the full Uplay stats showing from this play through. I'm actually kinda enjoying it more the 2nd time through anyway. It has more flow and less chaos when you know what you can and can't do.

Despite it's quirks and flaws, I feel this is one of the best games of the year.

MaceoniK
12-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Have any Community Challenges happened since the PC release??? I really want the explorer outfit!

MnemonicSyntax
12-07-2013, 09:22 AM
Unfortunately not. Until the previous Community Challenges and Social Events are fixed, I don't think we'll see one.