PDA

View Full Version : "What's That In The Distance?"....AGAIN, And AGAIN and AGAIN

NeoMorph WTH
12-03-2013, 12:40 AM
So I am trying to take down this convoy and EVERY fricking time I get half way through the combat and what happens... The *******ED ANIMATION FOR THE LEGENDARY SHIP....

PLEASE Tell me there is a way to limit the animation of the legendary ships to just playing once because in the space of 10 minutes I have been interrupted by the damned cut scene 5 times... and then the convoy ship fades away RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

I can understand the animation playing once per ship... but OVER AND OVER EVERY TIME YOU COME WITHIN SOME STUPID DISTANCE OF THE THING It's actually miles away from where I was in combat with the convoy too.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 12:45 AM
Well you could just give up and sail away for the time being and come back for the convoy later. They sail in circles around the map I believe.

RoBg03
12-03-2013, 12:46 AM
couldn't you wait for the convoy to sail away from the legendary ship? just sail ahead of it and wait for it to get clear of the ship.

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 01:04 AM
Oh look. Another ******** thread.

NeoMorph WTH
12-03-2013, 01:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lQhoQGf_WQ&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

I think that instead of the battle area being based around the ship it is actually based on map location.... so if the ship sails out of the map square it cheats and resets itself.

Syr.Jake
12-03-2013, 01:23 AM
The zone around the Legendary Ships is 500m Mortar Range.

Stay more than 500m away from the ship and you will not engage the cutscene.

RoBg03
12-03-2013, 01:23 AM

I think that instead of the battle area being based around the ship it is actually based on map location.... so if the ship sails out of the map square it cheats and resets itself.

yeah, its based on an area of the map. maybe they don't want you luring it across the map toward a fort or something. i myself tried several times to 'harvest' other ships to board mid-fight to repair the jackdaw but they always disappear when the fight begins.

NeoMorph WTH
12-03-2013, 01:39 AM
I can understand how they did it... but MAN... why not just make the ship sail back to it's original spot... not beam it up... It's a total pain because you aren't told WHERE the edge of the combat area is... and as I was actually fighting a convoy ship (yeah, that's not actually the legendary ship - something glitched) it totally screwed it up.

Oh well... when the game glitched like this on me yesterday I just rebooted the Xbox and restarted the game and the glitches vanished. I have a feeling there may be a problem when you play it over 3 hours because that is when it starts going pear shaped... Have you seen Nerd3's video where the Jackdaw falls from the sky?

Watch this and go to 14:49.... and watch the shadows on the ground.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQobEbphGCA&

MnemonicSyntax
12-03-2013, 02:10 AM
The zone around the Legendary Ships is 500m Mortar Range.

Stay more than 500m away from the ship and you will not engage the cutscene.

Incorrect. I know for a fact that La Dama Negra starts the cutscene at around 750 meters.

tymaster50
12-03-2013, 02:19 AM

The HMS prince was a joke anyway all you had to do was get behind him and the battle was over in 2 minutes.

NeoMorph WTH
12-03-2013, 06:12 AM
The HMS prince was a joke anyway all you had to do was get behind him and the battle was over in 2 minutes.

May be a joke but when the damned thing kept vanishing it was quite obviously glitching to hell. Reboot the game and it didn't happen again.... until later when my crew all got electrocuted during a fort attack lol... well, that's what it looked like... Everyone was vibrating like crazy.

This game has got its fair share of glitches for sure.... but it's still enjoyable.Just frustrating when the scripted encounters refuse to let you proceed.

Like when I finished the fort combat and all I had to do was enter the war room and kill the fort commander.... but it said I had to be incognito to enter the room for some reason. Dunno why. In the end I had to kill all the enemies who were kneeling down in surrender who had a red or yellow marker over their heads... and there were a LOT of them. Felt REALLY wrong...

Syr.Jake
12-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Incorrect. I know for a fact that La Dama Negra starts the cutscene at around 750 meters.

Weird.

I have been to all of them, and taken down 2 of them. And each time I approach with the Mortar Set up, the cutscene doesn't begin until just before I am able to actually launch the Mortars at the ship, which is the 500m range.

Maybe that is why, because I am setting up for a Mortar Shot and the game waits until I am in range to hit the ship. *shrugs*