PDA

View Full Version : Cant climb

Gilimad95
12-03-2013, 12:16 AM
Hiya, just started playing, game seems nice. Everything was going fine until I got to Havana and had to climb the church. It will not climb at all, or jump. I thought I was doing something wrong so I went on utube to look up hints for getting to the top of the church. I went to the place the video shows to go, but he will not climb at all. He won't jump either. I thought the game might of been bugged, so I started over. Climbed trees, jumped up no problem. But as soon as I go to Havana, it will not climb. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong that I don't know about. Its very frustrating, as I have been stuck here for 2 hours and can't climb the church. Any help will be appreciated

Gilimad95
12-03-2013, 01:57 AM
Anyone?

RoBg03
12-03-2013, 02:34 AM
i do remember there being a few spots where you would have to angle the jump a bit, by holding the ctl stick up and to the left or right. not sure if you need to hold the R1 button (on ps3 for me) but i always do...sometimes you have to actually push the jump button and angle the stick, which sucks sometimes cuz i'd end up jumping off the building by accident.

coneo11
12-17-2013, 07:02 AM
You sort this out? I'm stumped! I can't work it out, trying for 2 hours also

TheG0ldenHorde
12-23-2013, 03:45 AM
Hey everyone, I am also plagued by this issue. I can not only jump, I can neither free run nor access any of my weapons. It is very frustrating and I would really like to find a solution.

Anyone have any tips?

AngryRaisin
12-23-2013, 03:54 AM
Yikes. Do you guys have the updates installed? I don't remember that climb specifically, but one thing about early on in the game is that you need to keep playing the main storyline before getting caught up doing collectibles and viewpoints until Sequence 5. A lot of capabilities are disabled until that point. So perhaps move on and don't try to climb the church right now?

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 03:55 AM
Never happened to me, but possibly a glitch. Try redownloading or something.

TheG0ldenHorde
12-23-2013, 03:57 AM
No the climb is the direct mission. I cannot access anything else until the objective is completed. I do not have Xbox live either...so no updates....

Kagurra
12-23-2013, 04:00 AM
No the climb is the direct mission. I cannot access anything else until the objective is completed. I do not have Xbox live either...so no updates....

Welp, without updates I don't know how you think you're going to get a fix for this. You need an internet connection at least, not having Xbox Live Gold wouldn't make a difference.

DarktheMagister
12-23-2013, 04:21 AM
Sounds like you're playing the game un-patched.

TheG0ldenHorde
12-23-2013, 06:39 PM
If I have a wireless connection avaliable to my TV but I don't have a wireless adapter for my xbox, can I still access it? Is there any way to access my internet connection without a wireless adapter that costs another $40-$50.....?

maybefriday
12-26-2013, 10:35 PM
I had all the updates applied and still ran into this problem, but going into the main menu and reloading the mission (not just the checkpoint) worked for me. Good luck!