PDA

View Full Version : How do I play Aveline DLC?

Dajunka
12-02-2013, 03:34 PM
I have it installed but can't seem to find how to play it. Anyone direct me in the right direction? Thanks.

Fireseed
12-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Main menu, on top of the right side :)

brigeatenex
12-02-2013, 03:37 PM
What, you can play aveline DLC on PC? i saw people saying that you can, but I never actually saw proof.

Fireseed
12-02-2013, 03:51 PM
It´s playable on PC. Several websites (including IGN) communicate wrong infos about this. The DLC is available on PS3/4 and PC.

brigeatenex
12-02-2013, 04:20 PM
Oh, nice! But I've read on forum that only people who have deluxe/gold edition have Aveline missions? I pre-ordered skull edition from Amazon UK so do I get Aveline ULC too?

Uranus888
12-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Skull edition doesn't include Aveline if I'm not mistaken. DDE/Gold does

guardian_titan
12-02-2013, 07:05 PM
On the main menu where you select to continue your game or go into multiplayer, etc, on the right side of the screen at the top is either a picture of Adéwalé or Aveline. If you have Aveline, you have her DLC. Otherwise you don't. Possibly will change back to Adéwalé once Freedom Cry's out or to a third image if you have both. As far as I'm aware, only gold or the digital deluxe has the Aveline DLC. Possible that may not be the case due to a lot of misinformation regarding the PC version of the game with Aveline, though. They really need to label the versions better. :p
You aren't really missing much if you don't have the Aveline DLC. It's like 40 minutes long (60 minutes is a bit generous) and is basically just chasing some NPCs, a LOT of climbing, and a pretty forgettable assassination. You really learn nothing new about Aveline or even Connor. Still don't know who either married or who their kid(s) is/are. Still don't really know what either did after 1783 ... beyond apparently Aveline doing the odd contract for Connor. Still don't know when either died. It's really not much different than the random side quests you can do for extra money in the main game but don't really advance the story any. What you see in the DLC is nothing you didn't already know if you played Liberation (or will come to know when you play the HD version).
Only thing I caught watching a video on Youtube is that Aveline may be bisexual since it's hinted Patience is a lesbian or Aveline's really clueless to what Patience it eluding to. The charm Patience has may be of some importance but nothing I'm putting much stock in since Ubisoft's apparently thought it was only worth like a 2 minute story.

MunjaX
12-24-2016, 09:38 PM
I own the Buccaneer edition since its launch (November 2013).

I just bought the Digital Deluxe Edition for 14,99 euros and I can play the Aveline DLC launching the Black Flag with the pre-installed Buccanneer edition.

Uplay asks me which edition to select when I launching it through shortcut. Also uplay has two editions.
But on the Digital Deluxe Edition saved games are corrupted for both Black Flag and Freedom Cry.