PDA

View Full Version : The problem with FORTS !

LaMOi
12-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Forts in BLAG FLAG need to be fixed in my opinion. They are waste of what could potentially be a way more fun side activity...

My main problem with forts are,

1) why are they not like ship boarding, where a real time battle plays out, with your crew number going down if the fight does not go well??? Forts feel like a 'staged' fight that doesn't unfold dynamically. This should be fixed, so there be the potential risk of loosing all or a chunk of your crew in the fight to take the Fort, which would make it much more tense and exciting, with a real risk vs reward underpinning the decision to try and take a Fort!
2) has anyone noticed that low level enemies are locked into a scripted fight with your crew and pay no attention to you at all, even if you attack them?? There seems to be only a handful of specific enemies that will be 'aware' of you and will actually engage you. It just further compounds the feeling of the fight for the Fort being 'staged'...

can an these issues be fixed?

MnemonicSyntax
12-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Because apparently it's not your crew that goes over with you, hence why you don't lose any crew in the skirmish. Great point though, and I think they should hop off the Jackdaw to help you fight. They do it in other missions, why not here?

I'm willing to bet both issues are due to memory restraints for Current Gen Consoles, so that means Next Gen and PC have to "suffer" for it.

phoenix-force411
12-02-2013, 03:18 PM
The current combat system sucks while in large groups. Personally, I'd rather have them deal with the other pirates than on me, because the enemies infinitely spawn and since everyone has a pistol it would get out of hand if every soldier was trying to aim at me. But I do agree that it should deplete your crew number just to make it harder. Given how fast crew members die, it gets a tad bit annoying.

SMA5HED BURGER
12-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Yep...forts to me seem rushed and incomplete at best!....once taken the guys you took them from do nothing to retake them. they just sit there...done and out of mind. Its a waste of what could have been a wonderful side game....upgrade and hold the forts.

Its MUCH like the stupid game mechanic used in the "kenway fleet" mini game where you use a cheaply made rushed mechanic to make the route safe INSTEAD of actually taking your ship out and clearing the route for your fleet.

its like they spent all the money on graphics and water spouts and just pulled the forts/fleets out of the dust bin and threw it in there for bullet points and fluff