PDA

View Full Version : How About an AC Set in Modern Times, With Animus Sections Like Current Modern Ones?

Yoshack Fyre84
12-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Wouldn't it be neat to get a whole game dedicated to what the Assassin's are up to in modern times. Be able to go deeper into what they are up against and learn their strategies. I understand past memories are a big part of Assassin's Creed games, so they would be included, in the same way that current time stuff is included in the past six games. We carry out missions and what not, but every once in awhile we come upon something that can't be figured out, and that will require our played character to enter an Animus or use a memory disc and relive the memories of someone. I think it would be a great opportunity to get memories of Altair, Ezio, Edward, Haytham, Aveline, and Conner and Desmond all into one game. I think it would be wonderful, and it would give the game developers a chance to add to the universe by creating memories of our favorite Assassin's of the past. I know I'm curious about what else happened in the long life of Altair. And I certainly know there is much much more to Conner than what we've experienced. Certainly we know a lot of Ezio, but another memory or two wouldn't hurt, and I'm sure players would love it. What do you think? Would a game like that be a welcome addition to the Assassin's Creed saga, or would you rather have them stay the same. mainly relived memories with short excursions into modern times?

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-02-2013, 11:27 AM
No. Modern AC would. Not. Work.

At that point, it's GTA where the main character wears a white hoodie...even then, you would undoubtedly have different outfits so at that point, it's GTA. Oh, and you'd have a really pointless hidden blade considering you'd have a sniper rifle, dart guns, silenced pistols and explosives with which to kill targets so, yeah. GTA.

Also, I'm sure climbing skyscrapers would be AWESOME! /sarcasm. ESPECIALLY the mostly window ones with absolutely nothing to hold unless you have suction cup gizmos in which case the game becomes GTA+Spiderman. /even-MORE-sarcasm. I suppose they could make the game linear and have all the enemies carry around stun sticks like they had to do for the Templar baddies at Abstergo and who attack at the end of AC2.... because taking away the free roaming in an AC game would be GREAT. /SO-MUCH-SARCASM-RIGHT-NOW

xx-pyro
12-02-2013, 01:41 PM
No thanks, maybe look into Watch Dogs.

DetroitPlaya
12-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Already confirmed it won't happen. They specifically said that if you want a modern day AC, you will have to play Watch_Dogs.