PDA

View Full Version : AC4BFMP.EXE Crash to desktop / other rants

Mister.Matt
12-02-2013, 06:45 AM
Can play a few games, and then once in a while a player with a "red" connection will join and then me and my group all will experience the game crashing to the windows desktop with the message that "AC4BFMP.EXE has stopped working." It's not only frustrating because then you have to restart, regroup and try again (and this is not quick since the friends list is completely disorganized) but it also happens to dock you your abstergo score as if you had lost, and quite frankly I can't afford it because my score has reset to 0 or 100 many times since release day. One more note on this, if you join a session in progress even in the last minute, you lose or gain the points the team had prior to you being there...this doesn't seem fair as you didn't have the time to contribute enough to lose - OR gain that rank modifier. I'd be find if they just nixed the leaderboard and went for something along the lines of current weeks top scores or current weeks MVP...something along those lines. Clan matches are useless, as no one is ever playing. Suggestion for next time - cross platform! That would be fantastic!

My problem with this is in another help article on connection trouble they had said that if your upload is good, your NAT is green (and on top of that I run this PC direct with no firewall or antivirus whatsover when I play) any other players connection should not interfere with your gameplay. We all know that it is going to cause lag issues, which one must learn to deal with (slide kills, pull backs, getting stunned when you are in a kill animation), but come on - not just getting disconnected but causing a complete crash to desktop?

I've gone back to play AC3 a few times, and the complaints I had about that are so petty compared to the almost unplayability of this sometimes. I mean, when loading the game it takes 3 to 4 tries just to get out of offline mode, and I know my connection quality is good. My hardware is also top notch for gaming like this (I7 3770k, Liquid cooled, GTX680, SSD HDD, 32GB RAM etc. Update: Am on Windows 8.1, latest NVIDIA drivers, reinstalled DirectX, VC redist, and had to manually install and update punkbuster since the original install did not complete successfully with it.

I'm not sure how this is all related, but I know I'm disappointed because I really enjoy the new maps and abilities and scoring system. If there is anything I can include to help solve, I'll do it, because this truly is my favorite game to play online, nothing else at all in this niche.

Apologies for the long rant, but there is so much that I and my friends would like to have repaired, and I truly hope you take this into account when releasing the next patch. Maybe it's a capacity issue in the datacenter, maybe it's a line of code somewhere causing some bugs, but that is for Ubi to find out, and by golly since they've been using this same game concept for how long and using how many studios around the globe to collaborate on it someone has to be able to sort it. Need beta testers? WE ARE ALL FOR IT!

Hopefully my friends and I are not the only ones experiencing all of these problems, and I'm sifting through the data to post some articles on my Assassin's Creed Multiplayer Blog where we keep track of happenings, videos, screenshots, and expose glitches and hacks that people are using. It will be a great game, I'm sure of it, and I absolutely loved completing the single player.

Any ideas, suggestions, I will try anything.

These threads need a little more moderating and merging if possible to keep "will my game run on..." and other posts to a minimum.

MY BACKGROUND is in IT, I currently work at a DataCenter and ISP so I know how things can go, but to be honest when AC3 would go down for 24 hours plus with no answer because Ubi support was closed is not acceptable. If we have a service down for 5 minutes without an explanation, we are in deep crap. This should be priority because once it is sorted, we can just enjoy the product and have fun with each other. :mad:

Mister.Matt
12-02-2013, 06:54 AM
Just a quick look at the Windows Event log, not much info there, but here it is anyway.

Faulting application name: AC4BFMP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x527b94aa
Faulting module name: AC4BFMP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x527b94aa
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000de9f0
Faulting process id: 0x2414
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceef1bfa1d990b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFMP.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFMP.exe
Report Id: cd1557be-5b0f-11e3-bea5-60a44ce82c26
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

One more for good measure, I have plenty trust me!

Faulting application name: AC4BFMP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x527b94aa
Faulting module name: AC4BFMP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x527b94aa
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00a4fd83
Faulting process id: 0x252c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceeefdcee328d4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFMP.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\AC4BFMP.exe
Report Id: eaedfa6a-5af1-11e3-bea5-60a44ce82c26
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

JesusFaction
12-03-2013, 09:50 PM
I can't even launch MP, it crashes immediately.

MnemonicSyntax
12-03-2013, 10:05 PM
You work in IT, but couldn't manage to post your issue in the correct section?

Also, yours is an ISP. It provided Internet for the masses. Ubi's is just a multiplayer server, and provides service to, by comparison to an actual ISP, a minimum.

Being open 24/7/365 isn't mandatory for a game server. It's not like an ISP where you could possibly need internet to do homework.

Lastly, the forums are generally for other users to help each other. If you have an issue and would like actual technical assistance, then I would suggest to contact support. The forums aren't scanned for issues on a daily basis.

Mister.Matt
12-06-2013, 09:49 PM
You work in IT, but couldn't manage to post your issue in the correct section?

Also, yours is an ISP. It provided Internet for the masses. Ubi's is just a multiplayer server, and provides service to, by comparison to an actual ISP, a minimum.

Being open 24/7/365 isn't mandatory for a game server. It's not like an ISP where you could possibly need internet to do homework.

Lastly, the forums are generally for other users to help each other. If you have an issue and would like actual technical assistance, then I would suggest to contact support. The forums aren't scanned for issues on a daily basis.

Wow - such hostility. I posted in general discussion because it wasn't a specific issue, but rather my experience with it to date. I'm not saying they have promised 24/7/365, but in general, most players would agree that the service should be available as such. When they went down over the weekend last month, for example, it hurts people who maybe are only off on the weekend.

As for the forums, I have seen many posts, and if I had posted it in the problem section I would have hoped for assistance. Advising one to contact customer support is like telling them to squirt lemon juice in the eye. I, and my friends who have issues, have all contacted support. By listing frustrations and problems, I am stating my position, nothing more, and would hope someone from Ubi would read and maybe understand this.

Mister.Matt
12-06-2013, 09:52 PM
By the way, since the 1.02 update, the offline mode issue seems to have been resolved.

MnemonicSyntax
12-06-2013, 10:41 PM
There was no hostility. It's just the pretentious "I know what I'm talking about" attitude is what I was referring to. Your company and Ubi's aren't even in the same class.

Yes, I agree that having issues resolved in a timely manner is important, but most people seem to have varying opinions of that and in turn, "lash out."

And it's been said time and again to contact support for the best possible solution. You might think it's like squirting lemon juice in your eye, but it's a terrible analogy considering that Support lines up and has tickets based on issue, and it's most likely kept track of as well. As you can see, the forums here aren't exactly in any sort of order and so chances are, your little entitlement rant was absolutely missed.

Since you work in IT, surely you're aware of a JIRA or a bug reporting platform? Right? That's what Support does. While the forum is a good place to discuss the issues with other members, Support keeps track of everything much more efficiently.

However, I am glad that you got your issue resolved, but you weren't the only one and many reported it. Consider that next time. And, no hard feelings here, I just kinda figured that since you work in IT, you'd have a pretty good idea how it works.

As I work in IT myself as well.

Mister.Matt
12-08-2013, 07:26 AM
There was no hostility. It's just the pretentious "I know what I'm talking about" attitude is what I was referring to. Your company and Ubi's aren't even in the same class.

Yes, I agree that having issues resolved in a timely manner is important, but most people seem to have varying opinions of that and in turn, "lash out."

And it's been said time and again to contact support for the best possible solution. You might think it's like squirting lemon juice in your eye, but it's a terrible analogy considering that Support lines up and has tickets based on issue, and it's most likely kept track of as well. As you can see, the forums here aren't exactly in any sort of order and so chances are, your little entitlement rant was absolutely missed.

Since you work in IT, surely you're aware of a JIRA or a bug reporting platform? Right? That's what Support does. While the forum is a good place to discuss the issues with other members, Support keeps track of everything much more efficiently.

However, I am glad that you got your issue resolved, but you weren't the only one and many reported it. Consider that next time. And, no hard feelings here, I just kinda figured that since you work in IT, you'd have a pretty good idea how it works.

As I work in IT myself as well.

Fair enough. No hard feelings either, I suppose we all have different standards on what we expect :-) However, pertaining to the contact support comment, it was more so because they are the ones who directed me to share my thoughts in the forums, so it was kind of like an endless loop, them suggesting to post, and then you suggesting to contact them lol. So far so good though on the issues I was having! **fingers crossed**