PDA

View Full Version : A point about outfits

HudisAbeba
12-02-2013, 05:28 AM
Hello all,

I've now been playing AC4 for a few weeks and there are certain things regarding the outfits available that I keep noticing; many of them have weird, unnecessary details, or appear to have the potential to be so much better looking than they are if they were just slightly altered. Some examples:

Edward the Legend: This one would look fantastic, if not for the eye-covering, hair-covering orange bandana and glaring red gloves. I do not really understand why those things are added to it when it is clearly the ideal pirate captain outfit without them. The bandana confuses me most, I think, for the simple reason that it covers the right eye - incidentally the same eye that Edward looks through his spyglass in in at least one cutscene. It just doesn't make any sense.
Whaler outfit: The torso of this outfit is exactly how you might imagine a pirate without his coat on to look like. The vest and long-sleeved shirt combined are reminiscent of so many fantastic costumes you see in both film and illustrations. Then you look down, and see that it's combined with a pair of shorts and sandals, reducing Edward to look like one of his deckhands. I don't get that either. If an outfit has the potential to fit the setting and the character perfectly, why make it that way, especially when there already is the Shark-hunter Outfit filling the role of a light, fishing boat-friendly outfit among the lot?
Templar armour: This is an outfit I know for a fact that tonnes of people have set out to acquire as soon as they were able. I was one of them. It looks stunning on the skeleton on which you find it. Then you put it on, and it turns out that not only is it really, really thick in a way that only Russian wintercoats should be, but it also has a thick scarf sticking up the poor pirate's face all the time, fat-fingered blacksmith gloves and a sash with a blatant templar cross on it. I get that it's a templar outfit, but come on, would an assassin-affiliated, anti-templar pirate wear that?
Captain Drake's Outfit: I had the same feeling about this one as I did with the templar armour. It looks great on paper, but once you put it on it just doesn't look like something Edward would wear. It's bulky, heavy, plate-clad (probably uncomfortably hot as well!). I've tried very hard, but I just cannot see it being suitable for any of the things you do in the entire game - except for charging into a fortress alone, I suppose.
Captain Morgan's Redingote: I have nothing to say about this one except this: boots. When I saw the preview after acquiring it, it was like falling in love with the game a second time. Finally a proper, respectable pirate outfit! And then it turns out that in place of boots there's a pair of blue knee-high socks and shoes so wide they look like duck feet whenever you're doing anything but walking calmly and keeping your eyes off the ground. Yes, those kind of socks with those kind of shoes were common for the era, but does Edward Kenway really strike anyone as the type?

Those are the main examples, anyway, and they just make me think, why? They just don't make sense to me, so I guess the reason why I made this thread is to see if anyone agrees with me or if I am completely alone (and crazy) in this. So tell me, what do people think?

phoenix-force411
12-02-2013, 05:32 AM
I was more disappointed with the Green outfit that looks like the Governor and the Officer's outfit. The green was too dark, and so, it looked black most of the time. I don't really wear a lot of costumes, I mostly stay in the original.

Kagurra
12-02-2013, 05:38 AM
I really like Captain Morgan's outfit except for the giant white feathers. I'm assuming they're historically accurate but they're ugly. I might wear it every once in a while if it didn't have that. But probably not. I like the assassin getup too much.

RoBg03
12-02-2013, 05:42 AM
i like edward the legend cept for the gloves. and the templar armor is way too bulky, and certainly not what you'd want to wear in the Caribbean sun.

guardian_titan
12-02-2013, 06:24 AM
Since when do what people wear make sense? Look at medieval knights in their suits of armor. Think they had an easy time moving in those things? And they probably sweat pretty badly. Then there's how they used the bathroom. I'd hate to be the poor squire stuck cleaning their lord's suit of armor at the end of a battle. People wore some pretty crazy stuff then and now. Don't be surprised if they actually wore heavy clothes in the Caribbean sun. Besides, people didn't really have sunblock then. You either covered up or hoped you tanned because otherwise you were toast. Even today, we're told to cover up in the sun and especially when we go hiking which means pants and long sleeves. That's to help avoid skin cancer and other things like insect bites. Even if you tan, you can still get skin cancer so it's best to cover up and use sun block even if that means you'll sweat to death. Maybe our ancestors were smarter than we give them credit for if they ran around covered up in the sun while we insist on running around in the bare minimum.

And just because you're at the equator doesn't mean it won't get cold as hell at night. Deserts often are hot during the day and cold at night because there's little to hold the heat. Most of the Caribbean islands are largely sand with the larger ones having more foliage. Think a ship can really hold much heat at night? Not like they had heaters throughout the ship besides the cook's stove and the cannons and the very tiny lanterns. Look at Bedouins. Think they run around in shorts riding camels? They run around in clothing from head to foot to block the sun and to help with the cold at night. There's a practical reason for it.

And just because you don't like the style doesn't mean it wasn't in fashion at one point. Look at the style of the 1970s or 1980s. Think most people would wear that now? Or the dress of the French court during Marie Antoinette's day? Or even Queen Elizabeth I's?

Styles and opinions are both subjective and can change. Chances are someone likes the outfits others hate or else we'd just get the default outfit recolored a million different ways and nothing else. Nice to have some variety. Don't like most of the outfits in AC4 myself but I also wasn't a fan of most of the ones in AC3, either ... or AC2/ACB/ACR. I thought the "Captain of the Aquila" outfit (the baby blue one, not the "real" one) was too prissy for Connor and made him look like some cocky noble. Shoes and socks didn't help. I didn't like the Captain Kidd outfit, either. The hat was just too much for me. I'm fine with the default outfits and the recolors for them. About the only one I see myself using in AC4 is the brown coat, but more than likely I'd just stick with the default the whole game.

Joys of having so many outfits available to us it that chances are there will be one we like in the mix. Perhaps we don't like the others, but should we really complain? Someone else may like the features we hate while they hate the outfits we like. You can't please everyone. You even try and you end up pleasing no one.

HudisAbeba
12-02-2013, 06:29 AM
@giardoam_titan: That is why I made this thread, to see if people agree that some outfits aren't exactly what they could be. I'm mostly disappointed that there is no middle ground. You can't dress like a regular pirate, or a regular person in the Caribbean even. It's either assassin hoods or outfits that stand out a lot.

Kagurra
12-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Since when do what people wear make sense? Look at medieval knights in their suits of armor. Think they had an easy time moving in those things? And they probably sweat pretty badly. Then there's how they used the bathroom. I'd hate to be the poor squire stuck cleaning their lord's suit of armor at the end of a battle. People wore some pretty crazy stuff then and now. Don't be surprised if they actually wore heavy clothes in the Caribbean sun. Besides, people didn't really have sunblock then. You either covered up or hoped you tanned because otherwise you were toast. Even today, we're told to cover up in the sun and especially when we go hiking which means pants and long sleeves. That's to help avoid skin cancer and other things like insect bites. Even if you tan, you can still get skin cancer so it's best to cover up and use sun block even if that means you'll sweat to death. Maybe our ancestors were smarter than we give them credit for if they ran around covered up in the sun while we insist on running around in the bare minimum.

And just because you're at the equator doesn't mean it won't get cold as hell at night. Deserts often are hot during the day and cold at night because there's little to hold the heat. Most of the Caribbean islands are largely sand with the larger ones having more foliage. Think a ship can really hold much heat at night? Not like they had heaters throughout the ship besides the cook's stove and the cannons and the very tiny lanterns. Look at Bedouins. Think they run around in shorts riding camels? They run around in clothing from head to foot to block the sun and to help with the cold at night. There's a practical reason for it.

And just because you don't like the style doesn't mean it wasn't in fashion at one point. Look at the style of the 1970s or 1980s. Think most people would wear that now? Or the dress of the French court during Marie Antoinette's day? Or even Queen Elizabeth I's?

Styles and opinions are both subjective and can change. Chances are someone likes the outfits others hate or else we'd just get the default outfit recolored a million different ways and nothing else. Nice to have some variety. Don't like most of the outfits in AC4 myself but I also wasn't a fan of most of the ones in AC3, either ... or AC2/ACB/ACR. I thought the "Captain of the Aquila" outfit (the baby blue one, not the "real" one) was too prissy for Connor and made him look like some cocky noble. Shoes and socks didn't help. I didn't like the Captain Kidd outfit, either. The hat was just too much for me. I'm fine with the default outfits and the recolors for them. About the only one I see myself using in AC4 is the brown coat, but more than likely I'd just stick with the default the whole game.

Joys of having so many outfits available to us it that chances are there will be one we like in the mix. Perhaps we don't like the others, but should we really complain? Someone else may like the features we hate while they hate the outfits we like. You can't please everyone. You even try and you end up pleasing no one.

Well you don't want to be wearing something bulky in the Caribbean like the Templar armor because it would impact your ability to swim. It's said that pirate captains of that time period had up to 8 pistols on them at one time, but it like I said impacted there ability to swim if needed. And people are like "Oh boo hoo why does Edward only have 4?" Because he wouldn't be able to do his Assassin free-running maneuvers and swim effectively in a super bulky outfit or with tons and tons of pistols Sure if you're just some dude walking around town it's fine, but not for Edward, a pirate captain and Assassin. Which is what the game is about...

HudisAbeba
12-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Reading through what's been said again since it's not 5 am and I am slightly more awake than when I last replied, hence-..

That's the thing, though. It seems to be a trend in the development of the Assassin's Creed games to continuously make outfits that don't fit the main character at all, and that's what doesn't make sense to me. Altaïr was fine, his garb was simple and blended in with the monks of various cities of the Holy Land. AC2-Ezio was also fine. Then we get to AC:B and Ezio has gone from a Renaissance dress-code with subtle assassin themes to full-on grandiose almost royal clothing with enormous assassin bling all over him in addition to the shiny bulk of armour if you cared to upgrade him (which I didn't for precisely that reason) - and this is Ezio trying to avoid the Borgias' attention in Rome. I don't think that would work very well. AC:R was again fine for the simple reason that Constantinople was a cultural melting pot at that time and the assassins seem to have been more public anyway.

But then we get to AC3 and AC4, alternative outfits are introduced, and one might have assumed that they would 1) Fit the characters, and 2) Fit the discreet/subtle nature of an assassin. The problem is that almost none of them do, and wearing many of them takes away so much credibility from the character that the only point in wearing them would be for the 'cool factor' - but should that really be the priority here?

MnemonicSyntax
12-02-2013, 05:38 PM
The eye being covered was something that was historically thought to be done not because an eye was lost, but because by keeping a patch/cover whatnot over one eye allowed the eye to be able to see quickly in a darkened area. You keep one eye covered, and when you need your eyes to adjust quickly to the darkness, you switch sides with the patch/cover and your other eye is already focused because it's been covered.

It was also of course, used to cover lost eyes and eye sockets, but it's original purpose was believed to be what I listed above, the covering of eye sockets didn't come later.

And they're just costumes. It's just a change of pace from the white hood and whatnot. The ones that are designed for the Assassin based on his attitude, time period, etc. are generally the standard robes in the first place.

HudisAbeba
12-02-2013, 06:59 PM
The eye being covered was something that was historically thought to be done not because an eye was lost, but because by keeping a patch/cover whatnot over one eye allowed the eye to be able to see quickly in a darkened area. You keep one eye covered, and when you need your eyes to adjust quickly to the darkness, you switch sides with the patch/cover and your other eye is already focused because it's been covered.

It was also of course, used to cover lost eyes and eye sockets, but it's original purpose was believed to be what I listed above, the covering of eye sockets didn't come later.

That is true enough, but it does not go hand in hand with the game or Edward. He uses the right eye for looking in the spyglass, and as far as I have played, you never once see him below deck of the Jackdaw. All I'm saying is that it adds nothing, I hardly think a great number of people think it looks better with it, and it's just unnecessary - which is my point, i.e. the abundance of silly unnecessary details they continuously put into the AC outfits. It can get very frustrating when you don't want to use a hooded outfit and you don't want to choose an appearance that simply isn't Edward (or Connor, in AC3), because there is no middle ground.

And they're just costumes.

They're just costumes to you. To others it's very important how their character looks when they immerse themselves in games - especially if it's a third person game. Personally it's one of my priorities, as I try to go with the 'hide in plain sight' approach as much as possible (which was the original idea of the assassins in AC1, but has since been abandoned despite the assassins allegedly becoming more underground) and that is simply not possible with the current outfits in AC3 or AC4. The only exception is the Stede Bonnet Attire, but do you know how ridiculous it looks when you're in a cutscene and Edward and Bonnet are wearing identical clothes?

MnemonicSyntax
12-02-2013, 07:14 PM
That is true enough, but it does not go hand in hand with the game or Edward. He uses the right eye for looking in the spyglass, and as far as I have played, you never once see him below deck of the Jackdaw. All I'm saying is that it adds nothing, I hardly think a great number of people think it looks better with it, and it's just unnecessary - which is my point, i.e. the abundance of silly unnecessary details they continuously put into the AC outfits. It can get very frustrating when you don't want to use a hooded outfit and you don't want to choose an appearance that simply isn't Edward (or Connor, in AC3), because there is no middle ground.

But you do see him in the dark.

And the trailers have nothing to do with which eye he uses. In the trailers, you can also see he uses a bottle to attack others, in two different trailers in fact, and that never happens in game.

It's like you watch the trailer and you think that's how it should be, but then again we never see Connor side-ride a horse to use it as a shield in 3 either.

They're just costumes to you. To others it's very important how their character looks when they immerse themselves in games - especially if it's a third person game. Personally it's one of my priorities, as I try to go with the 'hide in plain sight' approach as much as possible (which was the original idea of the assassins in AC1, but has since been abandoned despite the assassins allegedly becoming more underground) and that is simply not possible with the current outfits in AC3 or AC4. The only exception is the Stede Bonnet Attire, but do you know how ridiculous it looks when you're in a cutscene and Edward and Bonnet are wearing identical clothes?

That's what the Assassin Robes are for.

And Stede's outfit doesn't fit Edward's character in the least. Edward isn't a "posh" merchant. Add the multiple guns, blowpipe, etc. and it's really "immersion" breaking.

HudisAbeba
12-02-2013, 07:29 PM
And the trailers have nothing to do with which eye he uses. In the trailers, you can also see he uses a bottle to attack others, in two different trailers in fact, and that never happens in game.

He does it in the game, in at least one cutscene (the mission where you confront Torres in the fort). That's when I noticed, as I was using the Legend outfit then. It just made me wonder, if they design an outfit that doesn't even "work" with cutscenes of the main storyline, surely it's not very well thought through?

That's what the Assassin Robes are for.

I would almost say that the assassin robes are most immersion-breaking of all, really. Walking around in white robes with a white hood when literally the only others in the entire game to wear hoods are monks and one slaver, combined with the fact that most officials and military officers seem to know what an assassin looks like (judging by dialogue), it's just obvious that an assassin would be spotted immediately if he was stalking a target or if a target had just been slain and the assassin was "discreetly" getting away from the scene. It's logical to assume that a higher-tier templar would also notify nearby guards to watch out for hooded figures, especially if they knew that several other templars had been assassinated in the Caribbean, or in Boston, or New York, or whichever other city recent assassins have killed in. It's not logical to assume that the white hood would provide any sort of anonymity or subtlety whatsoever.

Anyway, that's a totally different subject and fairly off-topic. I realise, of course, that the white hood will never be abandoned because it's the very icon of the Assassin's Creed series. I just wish there were plausible alternatives for those who wish to blend in in the way that actual assassins know to do.

SixKeys
12-02-2013, 07:43 PM
I'm constantly switching outfits for different purposes. The only one I don't wear is Edward's default robes, come to think of it. Edward the Legend is the best outfit in the game setting-wise. It looks good on Edward and fits the setting. Captain Morgan's outfit is a bit too flashy. Templar armor is okay. I like the whaler and shark hunter outfits because they truly make Edward blend in with the crowd. I use the stealth outfit in jungle tailing missions because the hood, being brown, seems like it would blend in more easily with earthy colors than glaring white. I don't really care for the merchant outfit, they should have done more with that than just a simple dye of Edward's normal robes. The governor's outfit is okay, but I would prefer it to be blue like Duncan Walpole's original robes, since Edward already has three black outfits.

tymaster50
12-02-2013, 07:50 PM
I always keep the default costumes... well most of the time. I can't be bothered to collect stuff for cosmetic changes lol, I like the black version of eds main outfit though, pirate captain outfit I think.

HudisAbeba
12-02-2013, 08:08 PM
I like the whaler and shark hunter outfits because they truly make Edward blend in with the crowd.

Yeah, I agree with that - my only problem with them is that 1) They look more or less the same, and 2) They are the only blend-in outfits in the game but neither does in any way indicate that Edward is above the men on his ship. A simple pair of boots would remedy that in an instant. Just look at Adewalé's outfit; it's very, very simple but still establishes some authority.

RoBg03
12-02-2013, 09:43 PM
The outfits for the most part are really just a matter of personal preference. they didn't have to give us any costume changes, its all just cosmetics to make the game more fun for the player. if you don't like the way this or that looks, or if it takes you out of the game somehow, then by all means go with the original robes. i think this game gives us plenty of options. found it interesting that some of the robes seem to give you certain abilities though. the only one i've put to the test is the mayan armor and it does indeed deflect bullets. on a side note, that armor always makes me think of the sith stalker armor in 'the force unleashed' games...anyone know what im talking about?

HudisAbeba
12-02-2013, 09:59 PM
the only one i've put to the test is the mayan armor and it does indeed deflect bullets. on a side note, that armor always makes me think of the sith stalker armor in 'the force unleashed' games...anyone know what im talking about?

Yes. Doesn't that say a lot?

MnemonicSyntax
12-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Yes. Doesn't that say a lot?

Not really, that armor was designed by the Precursor Race.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 12:23 AM
If you're looking for something low-key that blends in more easily than you think a white hood would, the hunter outfit is perfect. It's pretty BA, although I never use it because I love Edward's robes.

HudisAbeba
12-03-2013, 12:53 AM
If you're looking for something low-key that blends in more easily than you think a white hood would, the hunter outfit is perfect. It's pretty BA, although I never use it because I love Edward's robes.

Yeah, that is what I use most of the time. It also suits Edward's personality pretty well.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-03-2013, 01:15 AM
Honestly... this game has the most outfits but seems to have the least customization.

In ACB, ACR... you had different sets of armor, could color the default robes in a multitude of ways, could color the default cape in a multitude of ways, had Altair robes, Armor of Altair, Armor of Brutus, etc. Now I realize, AC4 really does have MORE... there are different variants and colorations of the default robes, a bunch of pirate outfits, a few hunting outfits, a few cloaks, a few British Governor outfit variants, Altair outfit, Ezio outfit, and Connor outfit plus DLC outfits but even with that... it feels like I have less customization.

For example... in AC2, ACB, and ACR... there were a multitude of dyes and I could dye the robes however I wanted. There was around 20, I'd guess, different dyes in each game. Give or take. Then in AC3....they completely stripped that away and gave us like...6 "outfits" which were really only dyes on the main outfit... so we went from a bunch of colors to barely any. Then AC4, they bulked up the outfit department but because they included so many...you can't customize the outfits as much.

I don't get why the default robes can't be dyed in a multitude of ways... instead we're stuck with the default colors, an all black variant, a black/white/red variant, a brown/orange/yellow variant, and a white/red/black variant. Plus a dark blue/red/gold variant if you buy an action figure. I believe that's it. So just like AC3....we really only have a few dyes.

Couldn't they have instead of making the variants full on, different "outfits" just let us dye the default robes in a multitude of ways and then given us the other outfits?

When I look at Haytham's color variant of the default robes... I see the back flaps are blue but the center area is red... why didn't they include a variant that was white instead of dark blue but had the red in the same spot?

Here's something I made really quickly to give an idea:

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1456070_235359069974245_1647465629_n.jpg

I want to return to having a multitude of dyes for the default outfit but also keep AC4's different types of outfits. So if there's a game in china...we'd have default Assassin robes that would be similar to previous games and could be dyed... Silk Red, Teal, Blue, Orange, Assassin White, etc. but also have different outfits like a Chinese soldier outfit or noble robes, etc. just like AC4 did with the politician outfits and pirate outfits.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-03-2013, 01:20 AM
I would almost say that the assassin robes are most immersion-breaking of all, really. Walking around in white robes with a white hood when literally the only others in the entire game to wear hoods are monks and one slaver, combined with the fact that most officials and military officers seem to know what an assassin looks like (judging by dialogue), it's just obvious that an assassin would be spotted immediately if he was stalking a target or if a target had just been slain and the assassin was "discreetly" getting away from the scene. It's logical to assume that a higher-tier templar would also notify nearby guards to watch out for hooded figures, especially if they knew that several other templars had been assassinated in the Caribbean, or in Boston, or New York, or whichever other city recent assassins have killed in. It's not logical to assume that the white hood would provide any sort of anonymity or subtlety whatsoever.

Anyway, that's a totally different subject and fairly off-topic. I realise, of course, that the white hood will never be abandoned because it's the very icon of the Assassin's Creed series. I just wish there were plausible alternatives for those who wish to blend in in the way that actual assassins know to do.

As a fan of the white robes and red accents...I see what you mean. I'm personally disappointed that they ditched the beaked hood because it doesn't make sense to me. The beaked hood made it iconic and made it more than just some hood...but like you said...a white hooded man is clearly an Assassin anyway so I can't fathom why they ditched the beak. You either want your guy to realistically bend in and thus ditch the white robes entirely OR you want him to look iconic and thus, should keep the beaked hood. The current way is...idek.

That said...I agree that they should include alternatives. Or better alternatives. I think allowing us to dye our robes however is a decent start...they should let us dye the robes both flashy (red and gold) and more discreetly (brown robes for instance) but should also include other types of outfits. Of course, letting us pull the hood up and down ourselves would be cool to so that way if you think the hood is too conspicuous, you can yank it down while those that like the iconic aesthetic get to have it as well.

SixKeys
12-03-2013, 01:26 AM
The beak was just a small triangle on the hood, for Christ's sake. I'm already frustrated that we HAVE to have hoods in every game as it's getting more and more out-of-place.

MnemonicSyntax
12-03-2013, 02:00 AM
Regarding the hood, and the white and red robes, Aveline says hi.

Also, BoB, there's a red and white Assassin outfit you can get from the Fleet Mini-Game. Called the Officer's Outfit. It's not mostly white though, it's mostly red with white accents and a white hood.

So that's probably as close as you'll get for what you're looking for.

DarktheMagister
12-03-2013, 02:03 AM
People have had hooded robes.....throughout history.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-03-2013, 03:19 AM
The beak was just a small triangle on the hood, for Christ's sake. I'm already frustrated that we HAVE to have hoods in every game as it's getting more and more out-of-place.

Funny, seeing as Ubi seems to be phasing hoods out in many ways: from pirate outfits to sets of armor without hoods to Aveline's default outfit with a tri-corner hat..... AC4 already has about half and half when it comes to hooded outfits and non-hooded outfits and like I said...if we could put the hood on/off whenever we wanted...this would help those who dislike the hoods and those who do like them.

Regarding the hood, and the white and red robes, Aveline says hi.

Also, BoB, there's a red and white Assassin outfit you can get from the Fleet Mini-Game. Called the Officer's Outfit. It's not mostly white though, it's mostly red with white accents and a white hood.

So that's probably as close as you'll get for what you're looking for.

Yeah, I've seen it... if it was the reverse...It'd be my ideal outfit. I actually think the Explorer outfit is closest from what little I've seen -- the front robe flaps are mostly white (instead of the default gray-blue color), the back coat tails are white with black in the center and red trimming. It's still darker than I'd like but I think it's closest. It also happens to be the hardest to get since I'd have to wait until they make it a challenge reward again AND its been having issues for those who completed the challenge anyway.

RoBg03
12-03-2013, 03:34 AM
It also happens to be the hardest to get since I'd have to wait until they make it a challenge reward again AND its been having issues for those who completed the challenge anyway.

what was this challenge btw...when i first got the game there was one early on, i think it was assassinate 20 ppl or something like that. i filled my quota in time but never got anything for it.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 03:45 AM
All I have to say is, for future AC games, I would LOVE for them to stay with the non-beaked hoods. I love them so much.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-03-2013, 06:29 AM
what was this challenge btw...when i first got the game there was one early on, i think it was assassinate 20 ppl or something like that. i filled my quota in time but never got anything for it.

Not sure, that was probably it... I think it was the only challenge there's been so far. I don't have the game so I'm not really sure. But a lot of people never got the reward which is total B.S. I just know they better make the challenges a hell of a lot more frequent as the challenge was already over by the time the game came out for PS4 and X1 I think. I'm waiting to get the game for next gen and it'll be a while til I get next gen so hopefully by then they fix the issues.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 06:48 AM
Not sure, that was probably it... I think it was the only challenge there's been so far. I don't have the game so I'm not really sure. But a lot of people never got the reward which is total B.S. I just know they better make the challenges a hell of a lot more frequent as the challenge was already over by the time the game came out for PS4 and X1 I think. I'm waiting to get the game for next gen and it'll be a while til I get next gen so hopefully by then they fix the issues.

I've had it on next-gen since the Xbox one came out and zero community challenges so far.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-03-2013, 07:04 AM
I've had it on next-gen since the Xbox one came out and zero community challenges so far.

Totaly. B. S.

I'm sure they'll eventually come. they better at least patch it and give us the outfit if they aren't going to utilize the community challenge element.

Fireseed
12-03-2013, 09:35 AM
I wear Morgan's Redingote, great color combination and gaudy enough. Only the boots seems a bit too big. The ugliest in my opinion is Kenway´s Legend outfit.

Zarosian Eos
12-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Disappointed with alot of the new outfits to be honest, sticking to good old Ezio's robes instead

BoBwUzHeRe1138
12-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Disappointed with alot of the new outfits to be honest, sticking to good old Ezio's robes instead

Meh. Ezio's robes in AC3/AC4 don't do justice to the one we saw in Brotherhood. The interior of the hood and cape and incorrectly colored white when they should be red, they have barely any physics (though more than the god awful Altair robes in AC3/AC4) and the cape sticks straight up when swimming which makes no sense whatsoever. Just lazy design and they didn't even fix it despite the numerous complaints. SHOCKER. I mean it only took them how long to let us remove armor? OH WAIT.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 11:35 AM

That's gross. It looks so terribly out of place in this game, and it isn't even Ezio's best outfit. Not to mention Edward's default robes are the best looking we've got in the entire series IMO. Along with the next-gen graphics and non-beaked hood, it's easily my all time favorite. For now...

Zarosian Eos
12-03-2013, 12:09 PM
That's gross. It looks so terribly out of place in this game, and it isn't even Ezio's best outfit. Not to mention Edward's default robes are the best looking we've got in the entire series IMO. Along with the next-gen graphics and non-beaked hood, it's easily my all time favorite. For now...

I agree it would be better if we could customise the colours a little like in AC II, Altairs robes in black and silver looked awesome on II

Zarosian Eos
12-03-2013, 12:12 PM
Meh. Ezio's robes in AC3/AC4 don't do justice to the one we saw in Brotherhood. The interior of the hood and cape and incorrectly colored white when they should be red, they have barely any physics (though more than the god awful Altair robes in AC3/AC4) and the cape sticks straight up when swimming which makes no sense whatsoever. Just lazy design and they didn't even fix it despite the numerous complaints. SHOCKER. I mean it only took them how long to let us remove armor? OH WAIT.

Suppose, but Ezio along with Altair are by far my favourite assassins, you can barely argue that Edward deserves to be called an assassin