PDA

View Full Version : Can you turn off the background - traffic noise?

jmardy
12-02-2013, 03:32 AM
WTF is the point of that?

Kynlore
12-02-2013, 04:05 AM
It's just called a a note highway. There aren't any cars actually driving on it, no traffic jams.

C.Linton
12-02-2013, 04:49 AM
He's not talking about that. he means the sound effect of traffic noise in the background of the main menu. It's purely meant as atmosphere, the idea being , along with the background graphics, to give you the impression of a rehearsal studio located in a rental space (usually some kind of warehouse type deal) that a lot of bands operate out of. And No, you can't get rid of it, unless you get rid of ALL sound effects under Options>Mixer> Sound Effects Volume. I don't see what the big deal about it is anyway, it's not like it's highly intrusive, and it only appears in the main menu. So either live with it, or live without ANY sound effects.

jmardy
12-02-2013, 05:17 AM
Thanks Cliff.
Just seems like a stupid gimmick...
And I'm totally frustrated right now..
:(

C.Linton
12-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Hey,.it is what it is. I really don't see what the big deal is. It's barely noticeable, and it's only played when you're in the main menu screens. *shrug*

Wrathchild4312
12-02-2013, 12:43 PM
What traffic noise? I've never even noticed it.

Ultrabeerdrinker
12-02-2013, 03:06 PM
HAHA!! I was goin nuts.......trying to figure out how I was getting road noise through my gear!!

C.Linton
12-02-2013, 08:48 PM

Just go to the main menu and listen for a while. You can hear it best when the "radio" is not playing. it's real quite and subtle, which is why I don't understand why the OP seems so tense about it.

onegr8dad
12-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Sounds to me like someone is just looking for crap to complain about.... I've never even noticed it, complete news to me LOL

TummyBanana
12-03-2013, 02:02 PM
I think it sounds more like airport noise with planes taking off

dm_gsxr
12-03-2013, 02:36 PM
It's just called a a note highway. There aren't any cars actually driving on it, no traffic jams.

LMAO, that was truly funny :D thanks.

Carl

dm_gsxr
12-03-2013, 02:37 PM

That's what tinnitus does for you. I don't think I've heard any traffic noise either and I have the PC cranked up past 7 :D

Carl

C.Linton
12-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Yeah, it's really hard to notice, it's very quiet, it's even harder to hear when the "radio'' (music from the Lessons practice tracks) is playing, which is why I thought it an odd thing to complain about.

jmardy
12-05-2013, 09:49 PM
It's odd that you keep complaining about me complaining about it.

Ilseroth
12-05-2013, 10:17 PM

I think it is primarily because the gentleman spends a decent amount of time here on the forum and while there are a bunch of legitimate complaints for the game regarding bugs; your complaint in comparison seems a bit petty. As someone else said, you can turn down your sound effects, given that music is the important part should take care of your problem. If you have a problem with missing the sound effects then you can keep the very gentle car sounds.

Wrathchild4312
12-06-2013, 12:00 AM
I finally noticed the traffic tonight. Why complain about something like that? It doesn't make the game any worse, it's hardly noticeable.

thoman23
12-06-2013, 04:13 AM
I finally heard it! Hooray! I had never heard it before, but tonight I put on headphones, cranked it up, and just sat on the main menu. At first I didn't hear anything....but then I did! Now I can complain about it too! :p

C.Linton
12-06-2013, 05:17 AM

I'm not complaining about anything. I'm just pointing out it's a silly thing to b**** about

westyfu
12-06-2013, 06:01 PM
He was hardly *****ing...

It's a valid point, Now and then I'll put down my guitar to watch the news or something, 3-5 mins later my TV gets drowned out by 'Atmosphere' and it's either shut off the xbox for a whole 15-30mins or unhook it from my Speakers.

A slider controlling background effects is pretty much standard in my 25 odd years of gaming and It's a shame they didn't consider it here (Both for this, and things like background music in Guitarcade games)

Jumping down his throat over a question? 10 points.

Edit: I myself would find it a non-issue if only it didn't take so damned long just to load the game with the 6 or so splash screens that cannot be skipped.

thoman23
12-06-2013, 06:26 PM
He was hardly *****ing...

It's a valid point, Now and then I'll put down my guitar to watch the news or something, 3-5 mins later my TV gets drowned out by 'Atmosphere' and it's either shut off the xbox for a whole 15-30mins or unhook it from my Speakers.

A slider controlling background effects is pretty much standard in my 25 odd years of gaming and It's a shame they didn't consider it here (Both for this, and things like background music in Guitarcade games)

Jumping down his throat over a question? 10 points.

Edit: I myself would find it a non-issue if only it didn't take so damned long just to load the game with the 6 or so splash screens that cannot be skipped.

I won't pretend to understand how Rocksmith noises and TV sound are being sent to your speakers at the same time, but I will tell you that you can simply go into the options and use a "slider controlling background effects" to turn down or off the background noises.

westyfu
12-06-2013, 06:47 PM
My lounge speakers have 4 inputs,

Turning down effects in RS also turns down effects in Score attack, The menu's and all the little indicator sounds for sorting, not just the 'BGM' tracks.

I get the whole 'immersion' points, but with It as loud as the little 'riffs' that play, which aren't far off the levels of the music in-game on an Xbox, once you HAVE noticed it, it does nothing but annoy every time you stop playing.

Was a simple question with a "No." answer. Didn't need to even get this far but for suggestions, which never hurt if there is anyone reading these threads in a position to 'care' about it more than a player will.

WillowFox_
02-17-2015, 03:02 AM
I think this is their way of preventing you from using the game to record or perform gigs using their copyrighted effects processor.
If you could use it as a replacement for expensive pedals and gear that their sponsors sell, then you would.
I don't think there is a way around it unless you find it in the game's working files and replace the sounds with blank sounds of the same size and format.
Or point the ini file to a different place and break the link to those ambient sounds.

sings_in_tune
02-17-2015, 07:29 AM
I found the traffic noises really loud and annoying. First thing I did in the game was figure out how to turn it down. Maybe it's louder on some set-ups than on others.:nonchalance:

bentoast
02-17-2015, 05:48 PM
I've noticed it, but that's about it. It's there, it's not bothersome really.

elemenohpenc
02-17-2015, 07:49 PM
do you still hear the sounds when you go to tone designer? i think so, but i can't check right now.

i'm pretty sure that you can go to session mode with just a metronome and use the mixer slider located under the metronome setting to turn it all the way down. wouldn't that fix everything?

neige27
02-18-2015, 03:24 AM
I think that if you lower the sound effect volume in the mixer it also affects these background sounds.

C.Linton
02-22-2015, 07:15 AM
I found the traffic noises really loud and annoying. First thing I did in the game was figure out how to turn it down. Maybe it's louder on some set-ups than on others.:nonchalance:
Really? I didn't even notice them until someone here mentioned it. It really isn't all that loud, and it's only there when you're working the menu.
What I found annoying and removed almost immediately was the crowd pics and sounds in the background during LAS. Now THAT was annoying. I found it too distracting when I was trying to concentrate on learning the songs.