PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Feels(Spoilers)

andreycvetov
12-01-2013, 10:38 PM
So guys wanted to ask what do u think about the ending?Just finished the game and that last couple of scenes at the hideout really moved something in me.So do u want ac to have more of those moments or no?lets me know below!

LoyalACFan
12-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Dammit, the Parting Glass always gets me choked up...

IMO it was the best ending ever in an AC game. I was getting very tired of the interminable cliffhangers and "WTF" endings. It was nice to see one of these games get a complete and satisfying ending.

Shahkulu101
12-02-2013, 06:05 AM
I want to marry Bonny's actress...

roostersrule2
12-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Lacked splosions.

Shahkulu101
12-02-2013, 06:26 AM
Lacked splosions.

I actually thought that was an enemy ship coming to get Eddie and was expecting said splosions.

But what we got, oh it were lovely. I just thank god there were no other males watching me choke up - but I managed to hold in the man tears.

Wolfmeister1010
12-02-2013, 06:38 AM
I liked it very much, although the the story leading up to it wasnt as grand in my opinion.

Shahkulu101
12-02-2013, 06:45 AM
I liked it very much, although the the story leading up to it wasnt as grand in my opinion.

I shall alert Darby.

BATISTABUS
12-02-2013, 08:03 AM
I was getting very tired of the interminable cliffhangers and "WTF" endings. It was nice to see one of these games get a complete and satisfying ending.
Hmm...

Game:
H = historical ending
M = modern ending

AC1
H - cliffhanger
M - cliffhanger

AC2
H - Cliffhanger
M - Cliffhanger

ACB
H - Conclusion of an arc
M - CLIFF ****ING HANGER

ACR
H - Mega conclusive
M - lead to something else, but not exactly a cliffhanger

AC3
H - concluded an arc
M - concluded an arc

AC4
H - concluded an arc
M - concluded a very small arc

AC games definitely have their fair share of cliff hangers, but at least recently, this hasn't been the case. Either way, I was very happy with AC4's endings.

Zrvan
12-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Seeing everyone on the patio when Anne sings really gut-punched me. I didn't quite tear up like I did when Ezio spoke to Desmond under Masyaf or Animus-Clay saved Desmond, but I definitely quivered my lip out and got a little misty. I was kind of surprised that Edward didn't get more angry than he did -- betrayed so often, long stretches of his life destroyed by the Templars just because he was in the way, watching each of his friends and allies die, go mad, or leave him.

What really wrecked me, though, was Jenny's appearance and getting almost the full story. It's slightly ambiguous what happened with Caroline, but one interpretation is that she left Edward so that he could go on his crazy privateer adventure. If he'd known he had a daughter, he might have settled down, stopped drinking, gotten a real job and resented both of them until his dying day. Did Caroline leave him so that he could live out his dreams, or did she not want an abusive, repressed drunk as a husband/father to her children? We'll never know, because of how she died. And more importantly, Edward never found out.

DetroitPlaya
12-02-2013, 02:29 PM
I want to marry Bonny's actress...

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/521720_607099276021613_542018792_n.jpg

Don't we all

tymaster50
12-02-2013, 02:51 PM
if Anne Bonne really looked like that, holy crap whoever slept with her is a very lucky man

D.I.D.
12-02-2013, 05:18 PM
It's slightly ambiguous what happened with Caroline, but one interpretation is that she left Edward so that he could go on his crazy privateer adventure. If he'd known he had a daughter, he might have settled down, stopped drinking, gotten a real job and resented both of them until his dying day. Did Caroline leave him so that he could live out his dreams, or did she not want an abusive, repressed drunk as a husband/father to her children? We'll never know, because of how she died. And more importantly, Edward never found out.

I think you missed Edward's face after receiving the letter, and then perhaps some lines in the script on the journey home during the credits.

She died of an unexpected sudden illness years before the end of AC4. Edward was gone too long.

Zrvan
12-02-2013, 06:27 PM
I think you missed Edward's face after receiving the letter, and then perhaps some lines in the script on the journey home during the credits.

She died of an unexpected sudden illness years before the end of AC4. Edward was gone too long.

i know *how* she died, i refer instead to why she left Edward. the answer seems obvious, but might not be.

EaglePrince25
12-03-2013, 05:10 AM
SMH that scene where he see's all of his old friend sitting at a table gets me every time. After my first playthrough I went and looked for it on youtube and couldn't stop watching. What's more, you'll notice that Vane, Hornigold, and Rackham are all there as well, proving that despite everything that happened between them and Edward he still cared about them and considered all of them friends. IDK, just playing through the game, fighting alongside them, watching them die and the grief it caused Edward made me think of my own life in a way and how I might feel if all of my friends died before me like that. Definitely one of the best endings ever, in my opinion only absolutely topped by ACR's with Ezio finding Altair and then talking to Desmond.

The scene where Ed and Anne talk about how they miss the others after the attack on the Assassin's gets me as well.

D.I.D.
12-03-2013, 06:16 AM
i know *how* she died, i refer instead to why she left Edward. the answer seems obvious, but might not be.

Yeah, but I mean there's nothing else to it. She didn't leave him - she waited patiently, but died waiting. There's a part of the story where they make it look like she left him, but then a later flashback showed that she actually did agree to wait, just before he finally set off.

Legendz54
12-03-2013, 06:38 AM
Yea i would put it up there with Connors ending.. Loved that scene, though the extra cinema scene sold it to me

Kaschra
12-03-2013, 05:45 PM
The ending definitely gave me feels.
The scene when Edward sees his deceased friends is just so utterly beautiful and sad, and Anne's song makes it even better. I totally cried :'D
And don't get me started on the scene during the credits, with little Haytham. That was so adorable, and knowing what woul become of the Kenway family, petty tragic, too.

AC4's ending is up there with ACR's and AC Embers ending for me.
Ha, Darby really knows how to write emotional endings.

SenseHomunculus
12-03-2013, 06:26 PM
One of the best game endings ever, IMO. Definitely sniff-worthy (as in, *sniff* *sniff*).

I'm not familiar with the non-gaming AC-world canon, do we know how Edward eventually meets his end?

Shahkulu101
12-03-2013, 06:39 PM
One of the best game endings ever, IMO. Definitely sniff-worthy (as in, *sniff* *sniff*).

I'm not familiar with the non-gaming AC-world canon, do we know how Edward eventually meets his end?

Rather unceremoniously, in a fight with two mercenaries. Nope, no twist nor is he distractted by anything During the duel. Just gets stabbed.

Yes, that is how Edward The Legend meets his end. Poor writing by Bowden but to be fair, he may have not even been aware that Ubisoft decided to make him a major character - I don't know why else they would make his death so disappointing.

EaglePrince25
12-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Rather unceremoniously, in a fight with two mercenaries. Nope, no twist nor is he distractted by anything During the duel. Just gets stabbed.

Yes, that is how Edward The Legend meets his end. Poor writing by Bowden but to be fair, he may have not even been aware that Ubisoft decided to make him a major character - I don't know why else they would make his death so disappointing.

I really wish we could just retcon that novel. Not only is it an unsatisfying end for a major character in the series, it also pretty much kills any real chance of him having another game.

Hans684
12-03-2013, 08:47 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o5KeBW-nTn8

Made by Neosuko: Assassin's Creed - Desmond's Last Messsage.

SenseHomunculus
12-04-2013, 07:46 PM

How long after the end of AC4?

LoyalACFan
12-04-2013, 09:39 PM
How long after the end of AC4?

About 13 years.

LoyalACFan
12-04-2013, 09:42 PM
I really wish we could just retcon that novel. Not only is it an unsatisfying end for a major character in the series, it also pretty much kills any real chance of him having another game.

Well, technically, Haytham's birth in 1725 is what kills any chance of another Edward game. But yeah, it's an unsatisfying end for him. They could at least retcon his death and make it a bit more "epic-battle"-y. It wouldn't be the first time they retconned Bowden's work.