PDA

View Full Version : Sdk or mod tool pls!

bloodreaperarmy
12-01-2013, 07:15 PM
I dont know if this is the right place to say this, but ubisoft really needs to add a sdk or mod tool. i would play this game for soooo much longer if ubisoft became a little more mod friendly, i mean honestly, once you get everything in the game i dnt find myself playing it that much at all. but if the allow mods, ubisoft would be getting so much more money due to people wanted to mod and play mods on any ubisoft game in particular. so please comment if you agree or disagree!

MnemonicSyntax
12-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Disagree. This isn't Elder Scrolls mate.

bloodreaperarmy
12-01-2013, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=MnemonicSyntax;9411473]Disagree. This isn't Elder Scrolls mate.[/Q

ELDER SCROLLS isnt the only modded game out there

infact almost every open world is modded,

mods make the game infinitely better due to new stuff

accedently messed the quote up but doesnt matter

MnemonicSyntax
12-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Nah. As much as I love Assassin's Creed and customization, it's not a good idea at all.

bloodreaperarmy
12-01-2013, 08:51 PM
how is modding a good or bad idea? it jst adds new stuff and makes the game better. there is no bad thing about it.

and honestly im mad at ubisoft for not doing this in the first place, just beat the campain, and im already bored, they need to put this in

guardian_titan
12-01-2013, 09:18 PM
I can see modding in games where things are more open ended like Skyrim, Dragon Age, or Witcher. Modding in a linear game like Assassin's Creed I just don't see. What would be added? At most, I can see modding being good to fill in removed content and plot holes Ubisoft put in, but due to how the story of the games interconnect, it might confuse some players on why a modded piece of content wasn't mentioned later or it might confuse people to think modded content is canon. Believe me, not everyone is smart. Some will fall into believing what fans do is actually part of the series even if it's way off in left field. There are people who believe movies and TV shows are real. As much as I'd like to see modding for AC and expand the stories of the various assassins since Ubisoft apparently won't do it anymore, it's not likely to happen.

You can also look at the money excuse. Ubisoft would have to either release their internal developing tools for Anvil Next (not likely to happen) or release a watered down version of it. We're basically asking them to give us access to their game engine ... and most likely for free. Does the time involved warrant the money invested? In the case of modding, unless they sold us the tool, they'd be giving it to us for free so the time and money invested just aren't warranted. Everything lately is money, money, money. And even if we did get the tool, why would we then buy DLC like Freedom Cry, Tyranny of King Washington, the PvP packs, etc when other players can make just as good ones for free? If players did sell their DLC, Ubisoft would want a cut. Then there's people who expect DLC to be good, even if it's free, so people will want voice acting, unique locations, etc. Who wants to play a lot of DLC where everyone's mute or it's just like the assassination contracts the entire time? People will terrorize and bully those who try their hand at DLC only for it to come out poorly due to lack of voice overs, unique areas, etc driving them out of attempting to make DLC in the future. People attack others for the dumbest things.

I know Bioware swore up and down they weren't going to release a modding tool for Dragon Age Inquisition because Frostbite was too complex. At the time, we thought they were using Frostbite 2. Then we learned they're using Frostbite 3. But Bioware's protest fell on deaf ears when CD Projek Red released modding tools for Witcher 2 which is Frostbite 2. So could modding tools be released for DAI on Frostbite 3 and thus could something be released for AC4 (or future AC games) on Anvil Next? Possible. But not likely. Since AC3 and AC4 use the same engine, a single tool could possibly be used to create content for both, but everything today is about planned obsolescence. Once the new comes out, companies want you to ditch the old. Certainly works so well with phones. Apple has people so well trained to ditch their old phones for new ones it's crazy. Why would Ubisoft want you to mod AC3/AC4 and continue to play that 5 years from now when they want you to buy AC5-AC10 in that same time frame? If AC weren't annual, a modding tool might be more likely to keep interest in the series, but it is so why would Ubisoft promote you continuing to play old games when the new one comes out?

I love mods. I certainly downloaded a lot for Dragon Age Origins and was disappointed to see the modding tool wasn't released for Dragon Age 2, but I just don't see them for this series. If a modding tool were made available, I'd certainly try my hand at it if only for my own mods, but the likelihood of it happening? Slim to none. :(

bloodreaperarmy
12-01-2013, 09:49 PM
I can see modding in games where things are more open ended like Skyrim, Dragon Age, or Witcher. Modding in a linear game like Assassin's Creed I just don't see. What would be added? At most, I can see modding being good to fill in removed content and plot holes Ubisoft put in, but due to how the story of the games interconnect, it might confuse some players on why a modded piece of content wasn't mentioned later or it might confuse people to think modded content is canon. Believe me, not everyone is smart. Some will fall into believing what fans do is actually part of the series even if it's way off in left field. There are people who believe movies and TV shows are real. As much as I'd like to see modding for AC and expand the stories of the various assassins since Ubisoft apparently won't do it anymore, it's not likely to happen.

You can also look at the money excuse. Ubisoft would have to either release their internal developing tools for Anvil Next (not likely to happen) or release a watered down version of it. We're basically asking them to give us access to their game engine ... and most likely for free. Does the time involved warrant the money invested? In the case of modding, unless they sold us the tool, they'd be giving it to us for free so the time and money invested just aren't warranted. Everything lately is money, money, money. And even if we did get the tool, why would we then buy DLC like Freedom Cry, Tyranny of King Washington, the PvP packs, etc when other players can make just as good ones for free? If players did sell their DLC, Ubisoft would want a cut. Then there's people who expect DLC to be good, even if it's free, so people will want voice acting, unique locations, etc. Who wants to play a lot of DLC where everyone's mute or it's just like the assassination contracts the entire time? People will terrorize and bully those who try their hand at DLC only for it to come out poorly due to lack of voice overs, unique areas, etc driving them out of attempting to make DLC in the future. People attack others for the dumbest things.

I know Bioware swore up and down they weren't going to release a modding tool for Dragon Age Inquisition because Frostbite was too complex. At the time, we thought they were using Frostbite 2. Then we learned they're using Frostbite 3. But Bioware's protest fell on deaf ears when CD Projek Red released modding tools for Witcher 2 which is Frostbite 2. So could modding tools be released for DAI on Frostbite 3 and thus could something be released for AC4 (or future AC games) on Anvil Next? Possible. But not likely. Since AC3 and AC4 use the same engine, a single tool could possibly be used to create content for both, but everything today is about planned obsolescence. Once the new comes out, companies want you to ditch the old. Certainly works so well with phones. Apple has people so well trained to ditch their old phones for new ones it's crazy. Why would Ubisoft want you to mod AC3/AC4 and continue to play that 5 years from now when they want you to buy AC5-AC10 in that same time frame? If AC weren't annual, a modding tool might be more likely to keep interest in the series, but it is so why would Ubisoft promote you continuing to play old games when the new one comes out?

I love mods. I certainly downloaded a lot for Dragon Age Origins and was disappointed to see the modding tool wasn't released for Dragon Age 2, but I just don't see them for this series. If a modding tool were made available, I'd certainly try my hand at it if only for my own mods, but the likelihood of it happening? Slim to none. :(

well... there could be outfit mods, and maybe other things, adding new updgrades to the hideout, new weaopons guns, honestly whatever someone would want to put in.

and if the ac series keeps doing this i dont know if im gonna want to keep playing. this is what they need to to for the rest of the ACs

1. ad more outfits (there is alot in black flag but honestly, the mainly are the same thing just differnet colors, (and i think the mayan armour should have a hood!)

2. BETER FLIPPING AI, the only troop i RARELY die to is the brutes or captain but that is rarely (ALSO ADD NEW TYPES)

3. BECOME MOD FREINDLY

4. put more time into it, we dont need an AC game ever year, if they wait one and a half or two years they would be way better, meaning longer and better campains, side missions etc

5. more weapons and guns

6. actually add a more indepth health system for the enemy! honestly it really doesnt mater what sword you have the y are mainly the same thing just a little bit different in looks, they cause the same amount of damage mainly

7. make the game a little less scripted! some times a cant even get up a small hill unless i go to a certain area

8. make the game more interesting! the campain is the only thing that is keeping me from not playing and the thing is i finished it!

MnemonicSyntax
12-01-2013, 09:54 PM
well... there could be outfit mods, and maybe other things, adding new updgrades to the hideout, new weaopons guns, honestly whatever someone would want to put in.

and if the ac series keeps doing this i dont know if im gonna want to keep playing. this is what they need to to for the rest of the ACs

1. ad more outfits (there is alot in black flag but honestly, the mainly are the same thing just differnet colors, (and i think the mayan armour should have a hood!)

2. BETER FLIPPING AI, the only troop i RARELY die to is the brutes or captain but that is rarely (ALSO ADD NEW TYPES)

3. BECOME MOD FREINDLY

4. put more time into it, we dont need an AC game ever year, if they wait one and a half or two years they would be way better, meaning longer and better campains, side missions etc

5. more weapons and guns

6. actually add a more indepth health system for the enemy! honestly it really doesnt mater what sword you have the y are mainly the same thing just a little bit different in looks, they cause the same amount of damage mainly

7. make the game a little less scripted! some times a cant even get up a small hill unless i go to a certain area

8. make the game more interesting! the campain is the only thing that is keeping me from not playing and the thing is i finished it!

You really don't have any idea what you're talking about.

1) Outfits are fine. We have more in this game than in any previous AC games. And not every Assassin uses a hood either, so Mayan armor doesn't need it.

2) This I agree with, but a SDK won't resolve this issue.

3) No.

4) These games are made on a two, sometimes three year cycle. They're released once a year, but they've been working on 4 for about 2 years before it was released.

5) No. We don't need another walking arsenal like Ezio. It was just ridiculous.

6) This isn't true. The sword damage does matter.

7) That has nothing to do with scripts

8) The story was very interesting and done very well. Are you sure you followed along and didn't skip any cutscenes?

bloodreaperarmy
12-01-2013, 10:30 PM
You really don't have any idea what you're talking about.

1) Outfits are fine. We have more in this game than in any previous AC games. And not every Assassin uses a hood either, so Mayan armor doesn't need it.

2) This I agree with, but a SDK won't resolve this issue.

3) No.

4) These games are made on a two, sometimes three year cycle. They're released once a year, but they've been working on 4 for about 2 years before it was released.

5) No. We don't need another walking arsenal like Ezio. It was just ridiculous.

6) This isn't true. The sword damage does matter.

7) That has nothing to do with scripts

8) The story was very interesting and done very well. Are you sure you followed along and didn't skip any cutscenes?

first of all i see no diference when it comes to damage

the story was good, but honestly it could be better

scripted means it is supposed to happen so if you have to go to one place in order to get to where you want to go that is scripted

there is not enought weaopns to BUY in the game, and all of them are pretty stupid beside pistol swords

MnemonicSyntax
12-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Modding won't fix any of your issues.

bloodreaperarmy
12-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Modding won't fix any of your issues.

ok dude yiou really are pathetic

do you even know what modding is?

it ADDS CONTENT SO YOU DONT GET BORED OF THE GAME YOU DIMWIT!

MnemonicSyntax
12-01-2013, 11:40 PM
ok dude yiou really are pathetic

do you even know what modding is?

it ADDS CONTENT SO YOU DONT GET BORED OF THE GAME YOU DIMWIT!

Yes, I know what modding is. I've modded for Fallout, Oblivion and Skyrim.

Of course, you can insult me all you like, but chances are, it's not happening.

You mad bro?

Also, look at the guy who can't manage to make a quote correctly, has spelling and grammar mistakes left and right, but I'm the "dimwit."

Go cry some more, kid.

bloodreaperarmy
12-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Yes, I know what modding is. I've modded for Fallout, Oblivion and Skyrim.

Of course, you can insult me all you like, but chances are, it's not happening.

You mad bro?

Also, look at the guy who can't manage to make a quote correctly, has spelling and grammar mistakes left and right, but I'm the "dimwit."

Go cry some more, kid.

im typing on a frickin forum you moron im not writing a book so grammar doesnt really matter

and no i am not mad im am just laughing on how idiotic you are

beside you are the dimwit

if we were in a writing contest id write circles around you

oh and go cry some more? the only reason i EVER cry you idiot is because im enraged, never sad, sadness is a rare occurrence

oh and i did the quote write it is just i accedently deleted part of it that is why it was messed up you moron

MnemonicSyntax
12-02-2013, 12:06 AM
im typing on a frickin forum you moron im not writing a book so grammar doesnt really matter

and no i am not mad im am just laughing on how idiotic you are

beside you are the dimwit

if we were in a writing contest id write circles around you

Yet you're the one getting angry and resorting to childish insults.

Cry some moar.

bloodreaperarmy
12-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Yet you're the one getting angry and resorting to childish insults.

Cry some moar.

more not moar you fricking hypocrite, and TBH im quite calm

so right now your the baby :P

MnemonicSyntax
12-02-2013, 12:14 AM
more not moar you fricking hypocrite, and TBH im quite calm

so right now your the baby :P

But you're resorting to an insults. You shouldn't use words or phrases that you overhear your step father call your mother because she burns dinner on a nightly basis.

But seriously, modding tools won't work in Assassin's Creed.

bloodreaperarmy
12-02-2013, 12:17 AM
But you're resorting to an insults. You shouldn't use words or phrases that you overhear your step father call your mother because she burns dinner on a nightly basis.

But seriously, modding tools won't work in Assassin's Creed.

modding would work with any game

you dont go to a game and it will say compatible or incompatible

every game is compatable with mods, it just up to the comunity to make em

MnemonicSyntax
12-02-2013, 12:19 AM
It's incompatible if there isn't a way to make it happen. Which it won't.

Now go to your room.

bloodreaperarmy
12-02-2013, 01:07 AM
It's incompatible if there isn't a way to make it happen. Which it won't.

Now go to your room.

your a frickin hypocrite you know that

IT ISNT INCOMPATIBLE NO GAME CAN BE INCOMPATIBLE!

YazX_
12-02-2013, 10:25 AM
well as this is an excellent idea to keep game fresh and alive for along time to come and OP has a point here, but i dont think or lets say i'm sure Ubisoft is not willing to open up their engine and implement APIs for modding due to several reasons and most important one they will not gain money by doing this, people will use free modded items and leave paid Ubisoft items and that will contradict with Ubisoft number one policy which is to milk customers to the bones.

another reason is they throw the game with a bad port to PC, modding will make it even run worse. usually games opened for modding are 100% optimized for PC. people are asking since along time for an optimized AC game for PC and till now this has not been done, so basics are not being done, how about extras?!

i really liked the idea and i want to believe that this might happen, but its not.