PDA

View Full Version : AC4's annoying sidequests

Manabloom84
12-01-2013, 10:27 AM
I don't really understand the warehouse side-quest in AC4, if you ever get near a warehouse the game will automatically give me a mission to locate the key holder and if you wanted to do something else the game punishes you by emptying the warehouse. this happened to me several times when I was doing assassination missions! also why do I need to progress further and get a dive bell in order to finish the last two assassination missions? I mean the other 93% of the assassination missions only requires cunning and stealth, berserk darts are optional.

Kagurra
12-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Yeah kinda annoying that it clears out if you walk in the area and then want to leave, especially if you're doing it stealthy. If you're being stealthy it makes literally no sense for it to empty for any reason. But it does make sense if you go massacre the entire camp and leave the bodies out in the open.

ace3001
12-01-2013, 10:48 AM
why do I need to progress further and get a dive bell in order to finish the last two assassination missions?
http://i.imgur.com/wXVXIYI.jpg

^ This is why.

Kagurra
12-01-2013, 10:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/wXVXIYI.jpg

^ This is why.

I think his point is he shouldn't have to. Doesn't really bother me. You don't need to bumrush every single side quest in the game before doing some of the main story. While I had a bunch of locations completely before I finished, I didn't go to this extreme.

Manabloom84
12-01-2013, 11:04 AM
@kolitha but why only two missions? it would make better sense if the dive bell was required several times for better variety for assassin side-quest.

ace3001
12-01-2013, 12:14 PM
@kolitha but why only two missions? it would make better sense if the dive bell was required several times for better variety for assassin side-quest.

I don't see why it should be as such. It makes sense that most people aren't in smuggler's caves. Though I wouldn't have minded more, since I liked the smuggler's caves.

I think his point is he shouldn't have to. Doesn't really bother me. You don't need to bumrush every single side quest in the game before doing some of the main story. While I had a bunch of locations completely before I finished, I didn't go to this extreme.

In my case, I was only at 64% total sync when I was done with the story. I usually give priority to the story missions in every AC game. But I can understand why someone would want to balance things out. Of course, balancing things out wouldn't require that you finish everything. Nothing's wrong with leaving a couple of missions for later, unless of course he wanted the pistol swords early on or something.