PDA

View Full Version : Timesavers Content worth it?

fenc0712
12-01-2013, 12:53 AM
Are any of the Assassins creed timesavers package worth getting?

Hrafnagud72
12-01-2013, 01:16 AM
It's called timersavers because it does exactly that, save you time. Only you can decide what your time is worth.

Yoshack Fyre84
12-01-2013, 01:33 AM
It's called timersavers because it does exactly that, save you time. Only you can decide what your time is worth.

That's what I was going to say. It does save you a ton of time. It's worth it if you want to collect all the chests and animus fragments while you're doing the story so you're not saving all the boring stuff for after you're done with the story. The Technology Pack is good if you want to fully upgrade your ship early before you're able to acquire the Elite Plans. Otherwise you have to wait until mid-sequence 5 when you get an object for your ship that allows access to the plans.

HoIcon
12-01-2013, 01:53 AM
I would say no,
the resource pack gives you some resources which are easy enough to acquire in large quantity once you unlock the lower half of the map
the collectible pack shows the collectibles on your map which is pointless since reaching viewpoints and taking forts does this
i'm going to assume the activity pack shows harpooning, legendary ships and the like on your map, again, taking forts does this
and lastly the technology pack gives you all the ship upgrades for the Jackdaw, which i suppose is kinda worth it if you really don't want to go digging up chests and diving for blueprints but where's your sense of adventure

DetroitPlaya
12-01-2013, 02:23 AM
It takes away game time.

So no. They should only be bought by people who don't like the game, but play them anyway.

Syr.Jake
12-01-2013, 03:37 AM
The only one I found really worth it was the Technology one. It allowed me to upgrade the Jackdaw with Elite items without having to loot the plans from the chests. The others all show up when you sync viewpoints and capture forts.

ace3001
12-01-2013, 05:57 AM
The only one I found really worth it was the Technology one. It allowed me to upgrade the Jackdaw with Elite items without having to loot the plans from the chests. The others all show up when you sync viewpoints and capture forts.

So, basically, it's a cheat that you pay for.

What's wrong with finding treasure chests to upgrade the Jackdaw, anyway? It adds some value to the elite upgrades, when you can't just buy them, and you have to put in some effort to actually unlock them.

Syr.Jake
12-01-2013, 07:34 AM
So, basically, it's a cheat that you pay for.

What's wrong with finding treasure chests to upgrade the Jackdaw, anyway? It adds some value to the elite upgrades, when you can't just buy them, and you have to put in some effort to actually unlock them.

You still have to upgrade in order, so while is does "save time" in that you do not have to loot the plans before you can upgrade, you still have to have the materials and coin.

I left all of the underwater stuff for after I did the main story, with the exception of the Diving for Medicine one, and I only did as much as I needed to complete the mission.

If you want to do them as you go along, sure, it makes no sense to buy the pack. But for me, I appreciated the ability to do so.