PDA

View Full Version : Can't register game with uPlay?

Windchaser
11-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Bought the PC version from Amazon and was given a Steam code to activate from them.

I went to Steam and selected add a game like the instructions said and it added AC4 to my games library and started downloading it. It just completed downloading and when I try to start it up it goes to uPlay activation screen. It won't take the same code that Amazon gave me that I used in Steam and just keeps telling me that product activation failed.

I was only given one code from Amazon. What am I missing?

Windchaser
11-30-2013, 08:00 PM
NM. I found the CD Key under Steam library by right clicking the game in the list and found it tucked away in the cd key heading.

An ironic note, however, when you start the game up with Steam after activating it Steam tells you at the lower right where to find this key and how to activate, but you can't get to that point without the cd key.

YazX_
12-01-2013, 12:23 AM
well this is a common problem with Ubisoft games and steam, they need to be activated and run through UPlay, many people requested to remove UPlay and let steam handle it same as other games, but it seems Ubisoft has a unified way to activate and launch their games and it doesnt work. i can understand from where they are coming from, they have their own platform and DRM to handle games, so either they strip their games from steam same way EA did and offer just one way to buy and activate them, or keep steam as an additional option for people who likes to by their games on it. personally, Ubisoft made a good decision by keeping steam as an additional option (with some hassle) and didnt take EA route.

however, they can enhance the way its done by doing more integration with steam and make you activate it only once on steam and thats it.

Anyway, i'm not sure which version you bought, but if you got more than one key on steam, you should activate all of the keys in UPlay same way you did with the game as they contain extra contents and game will not unlock them unless you activate them.

AtomicSlug
12-04-2013, 05:48 AM
NM. I found the CD Key under Steam library by right clicking the game in the list and found it tucked away in the cd key heading.

An ironic note, however, when you start the game up with Steam after activating it Steam tells you at the lower right where to find this key and how to activate, but you can't get to that point without the cd key.

Having the exact same problem however Steam is not showing me the CD Key button. I have other games on Steam and can find the CD key for them no problem, but when AC4 is selected it does not have the link ... any ideas? I followed the "missing CD key" topic in Steam's support section to no avail.

YazX_
12-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Having the exact same problem however Steam is not showing me the CD Key button. I have other games on Steam and can find the CD key for them no problem, but when AC4 is selected it does not have the link ... any ideas? I followed the "missing CD key" topic in Steam's support section to no avail.

contact steam support.

AtomicSlug
12-06-2013, 02:38 AM
Steam support was able to help. In case anyone else runs into this issue the fix was to:

Please exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

Delete all of the files in this folder except:

- Steamapps and Userdata folders

- Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo)

Restart your computer.

Then, launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.

With Steam running, re-test the original issue.