PDA

View Full Version : Season Pass PS3 rolling over to PS4

lynx_1985
11-30-2013, 12:10 PM
Hi,

I bought the Season Pass for the PS3 via the PSN store like a month ago in the assumption (which I asked as was told that it would actually roll over to PS4) that my season pass would roll over to my PS4 version of ACIV. Now I know Sony are having trouble at the moment so bear that in mind, god do I know as I can't redeem any codes what so ever thus not being able to play online at all as I can't redeem my PS+ membership code! But when I go to Season Pass for ACIV on the PSN store or via the game it is still asking me to pay 15.99.

Will I be able to carry over my Season Pass from PS3 to PS4??

(It will not let me post this in the tech section as it keeps asking for a thread prefix even though I constantly select PS4)

Cheers.

HoIcon
11-30-2013, 09:05 PM
I would also like to know for definite, i bought the season pass on PS3 being told so many times that it would carry over to PS4, but when i upgraded my copy of ACIV to PS4 and looked in additional content i saw that it was asking me to pay 15.99 again
I also hate how it has a separate trophy list and doesn't carry over multiplayer progress from the PS3 version, my OCD will make me want to get the platinum again which wouldn't bother me if the multiplayer wasn't so repetitive, 4 games of grinding out multiplayer levels that with every game seems more like a chore, multiplayer doesn't have the feeling that Brotherhood's multiplayer had and doesn't have a story like Revelation's multiplayer

bfg8472
12-01-2013, 03:42 PM
I contacted Ubi as I have the same problem. They responded by stating in this case the season pass content does not transfer.
I have replied with a link to their ps3/ps4 upgrade page which states:
The PS3 saved games, trophies and individual downloadable content, other ULC and pre-order content will not be carried across. However, owning the Season Pass on PS3 will grant access to the corresponding downloadable content on PS4

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faq.aspx?platformid=38&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ebZcCAI

Will let you know their response.
Rob

SleezeRocker
12-01-2013, 04:01 PM
right now the PStore is under maintenance so using codes through PSN won't work for now.

As for season pass not transferring...well I wouldn't know since I have no ps4

lynx_1985
12-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Good find Rob. I too got the same response 'Unfortunately in this case you cannot transfer your Season pass between PS3 and PS4'. I will be replying to them the same way you have.

Keep me posted.

[ADDITIONAL INFO} I have just received an article that I read saying DLC would be carried over to next gen. Reading this article made me buy the Season pass on PS3 under the knowledge it would transfer to my PS4.

ARTICLE
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-season-pass-dlc/ (http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-season-pass-dlc/)

Mr_Shade
12-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Guys,

I have reported this - however I have an important question:

Did you use the upgrade offer from PS3 - using the code in the box?

Some with the issue did NOT - they simply traded in / brought the PS4 version as well - so please post back if you if you used the upgrade offer or not - this will help!

WinterLight1981
12-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Hi, in reply to Mr. Shade's post - I'm another person with this problem and did indeed use the upgrade feature. I bought the digital deluxe edition for ps3 and bought the season pass through uplay in the game. Have since upgraded on ps4 but the season pass is listed as 15.99 still. Thanks everyone for contacting support e.t.c, seems like I'm not alone so I'm sure Ubisoft will work to find a solution soon enough :)

lynx_1985
12-02-2013, 04:22 PM
No I didn't, Mr_Shade as I like to have physical content and at no point in the blog I read - http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-season-pass-dlc/ -does it state a digital copy of the game is a requirement for the transfer of the Season pass from PS3 to PS4. It lists what I can only assume the price of the Season pass in America to be $19.99 on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

The only reason I bought the Season pass on my PS3 was under the assumption from that blog, that it would carry over to my PS4.

Mr_Shade
12-02-2013, 04:57 PM
No I didn't, Mr_Shade as I like to have physical content and at no point in the blog I read - http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-season-pass-dlc/ -does it state a digital copy of the game is a requirement for the transfer of the Season pass from PS3 to PS4. It lists what I can only assume the price of the Season pass in America to be $19.99 on both PS3 and Xbox 360.

The only reason I bought the Season pass on my PS3 was under the assumption from that blog, that it would carry over to my PS4.
I'm not saying it's only available to those who did the upgrade - I am asking who did it - since if it affects people who used a specific method, its important to know!;)

The season pass should transfer over from PS3 to PS4 - no matter how you play AC4 on PS4 [either disc or digital - or - via the update offer] as long as you purchased it / used it on the PS3 in the first place :)

lynx_1985
12-02-2013, 05:19 PM
Ok, thanks Shade. Hope to hear from you soon with some news!

Cheers.

drskumpa
12-02-2013, 07:58 PM
I bought the digital version of Ac4 deluxe edition (playstation store) on my Ps3 and the season pass. At the launch of Ps4 i bought the Digital discounted version of Ac4 (Playstation store) and the season pass did not transfer, the in-game store (playstation store) asks me to pay for it.

NIGHTDC
12-02-2013, 11:19 PM
I have purchased the upgrade through assassins creed 4 on the ps3 for 10 which i thought quiet reasonable.
The season pass did not copy over as advertised and Sony support have said that it needs to be purchased again as does not carry over and UBI soft said the same.
so there goes a wasted 15.99 then.
I hope you get this sorted for us all and I'll follow the thread THNX

(Also to note for upgraders the avaline dlc will not work if you download and install it before you install the game I had to delete the whole install all then reinstall the game then dlc to get it to work.)

Panama__Joe
12-03-2013, 01:50 AM
I upgraded using the code from my boxed PS 3 game and was sad that the season pass didn't carry over. Had I known this would happen, I'd have held off. Poor show Ubisoft.

bfg8472
12-03-2013, 03:24 AM
Had another reply from ubi support, now say season pass will carry over (as advertised) however their advice is to go to the ps store find my ps3 purchases and download from there. Not sure, but I dont think ps3 purchases show up in the ps store on the ps4. Failing this they state its an error with the ps store, nothing more to do at their end.
Good luck
Rob

NIGHTDC
12-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Had another reply from ubi support, now say season pass will carry over (as advertised) however their advice is to go to the ps store find my ps3 purchases and download from there. Not sure, but I dont think ps3 purchases show up in the ps store on the ps4. Failing this they state its an error with the ps store, nothing more to do at their end.
Good luck
Rob

I have a ticket raised with Sony who told me to go to UBISOFT this will end up being a swings and round about affair.
I just wish they would sort it out instead of passing the buck.

Mr_Shade
12-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Guys, please bear with us while this is investigated,

Panama__Joe
12-03-2013, 06:37 PM
Looks to be fixed. Thank you.

blakernater
12-03-2013, 07:04 PM
oh happy days. they fixed it. thanks

merlynthehealer
12-03-2013, 07:34 PM
This is NOT fixed for me, I live in the states. I have asked Ubisoft repeatedly since the 21st of November if it transferred over. The ONLY response I received told me to contact Sony, somethng to do with the PS store. I contact Sony. They told me this was on Ubisoft due to that it was DLC related.

When I go into additional content I scroll over the season pass option, on the right hand side it says FREE. When I select that option it takes me to the PSN store and says I have to re-buy it for $19.99.

I do have a physical copy of both games. For PS and PS4.

The other thing I JUST noticed was on my main menu, and when I select the Single-Player options, it tells me the last time I played the game was on MARCH 12th, 2013. . . . . . . . . please mention this if this is also happening with anyone else.

HoIcon
12-03-2013, 08:13 PM
fixed for me too, i thought it wasn't when i went directly to the PSstore and saw it was still 15.99 so i went onto ACIV's additional content section to double check and there it was free, thanks for sorting this out Ubi

Chipworm
12-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Fixed now. Cheers mr shade and ubi.

merlynthehealer
12-04-2013, 12:25 AM
I'm glad this is starting to be fixed. Mine still has not. Like I stated before. I have been trying to get an answer from Ubisoft about this since Novemeber 21st. and it is just now being fixed because someone reported it on here. This is just ridiculous.

Also as I said before when I go to the additional content section and highlight the season pass option, it says on the right hand side "Free" When I actually select it though, it takes me to the PSN store to buy it for $19.99(yes I live in the US)

merlynthehealer
12-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Any update on a fix for in the USA??

NightCrawler-72
12-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Any update on a fix for in the USA??

I would like to the know the answer to this question also. I have both the PS3 version and PS4 version of AC Black Flag. I have already purchased the Blackbeard's DLC pack for PS3. However, realizing that I would end up buying DLC for both, I thought about getting the season pass.

I did read (think it was on here) that the season pass was shared with PS4 if you bought on PS3 - which would be very good value if you happen to buy both versions. So can someone please clarify what the situation is ? I would rather know before I buy.

[EDIT] So I just checked the PlayStation Store and I can see that the Season Pass description clearly states that purchase entitles the purchasing account to download to 2 accounts on PS3 and Primary/Other accounts on PS4. So as others have said, this should now work for those in the US as it does in the EU.

[EDIT #2] Purchased the Season Pass and was provided with 2 download links, one for PS3 and the other for PS4. This was done through the SEN Store from my laptop. :)

SuperUnDonny
12-09-2016, 06:35 AM
I'm not saying it's only available to those who did the upgrade - I am asking who did it - since if it affects people who used a specific method, its important to know!;)

The season pass should transfer over from PS3 to PS4 - no matter how you play AC4 on PS4 [either disc or digital - or - via the update offer] as long as you purchased it / used it on the PS3 in the first place :)

Sorry to necro this old thread but 3 years later the issue still persists. I have retail disc copies of the game on both platforms; bought the PS3 season pass 2 years ago and just recently got the game on PS4.

I just contacted Ubi's support through the live agent chat, providing quotes from this forum, the Ubiblog page and the Ubi support portal:
http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-season-pass-dlc/
https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/Details/kA030000000ebZcCAI

The response I got from the chat agent was that the season pass transfer was only available to users in the UK and not the US. I can see that the support portal page is from the UK ("en-gb" in the link), but the Ubiblog is from the US page. In any case, that was the final answer from the agent.

For those who were able to transfer it, are you all from the UK? It appears those of us on this side of the pond are S.O.L.

Mr_Shade, if you're still reading this (or anyone on the official Ubisoft side)...please help??