PDA

View Full Version : Central wheel of the mouse as accelerator

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Has anyone got the central wheel of the mouse to work as the accelerator? How can it be set?

I have the left hand allways on the mouse, because I use it as the viewer. So it would be nice to profit the central wheel as the accelerator.

Any suggestion would be very apreciated.

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Has anyone got the central wheel of the mouse to work as the accelerator? How can it be set?

I have the left hand allways on the mouse, because I use it as the viewer. So it would be nice to profit the central wheel as the accelerator.

Any suggestion would be very apreciated.

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 02:22 PM
In piston engine aviation, it is called throttle. Might help when you go looking for it in the control assignments... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Cheers,
Fred

"If we are an arrogant nation, they will resent us. If we are a humble nation, but strong, they will welcome us."
- George W. Bush, during his campaign. No comment.

(Quote brought back by popular demand - RBJ missed it so much he mailed me about it)

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 02:24 PM
Try to set it as "Increase throttle" and "Decrease throttle" command in the config menu...

http://www.uploadit.org/files/170903-G55_Firma.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 02:37 PM
Using the scroll wheel for throttle is easy to set up.

In the opening screen, hit Hardware Setup button. Next screen hit Input. Next screen hit Hotas Control.

When the control screen comes up, under the green heading HOTAS CONTROL, right click next to the Power setting. When the edit box opens, just scroll your mouse wheel and you'll see Mouse Z axis appear. Hit apply to close the control panel and you're set.

(Depending on which dirrection you scroll your mouse, it will either be positive or negative. Thus you can control whether you want scrolling up to incease power or decrease power.)

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 02:42 PM
TIBUSH wrote:
- Has anyone got the central wheel of the mouse to
- work as the accelerator? How can it be set?

Why would you want to do that? Mapped "Trim" to the slider, have we? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

-----------------------------------

"I don't know what weapons World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
-A. Einstein
"And any leftover assault weapons" -Fallout Fan

I am an Arado whiner. And the only one, it would seem... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

http://www.vectorsite.net/avar234.html
Not my site. But a good place to start if you want to join the Arado-whining. The Arado needs *you* today!

XyZspineZyX
09-19-2003, 03:30 PM
lol

what a wonderful idea!!!! ahahh =]

-------------------------------------
Luftwaffe Brasil
For├ža e Honra!

LBR=Hartmann in HL