PDA

View Full Version : can't get to mission of main story

Itoewa
11-29-2013, 10:05 PM
I can't get to the mission of the main story line.
It's in a part of the ocean where I can't enter yet.
How is this possible?
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1092/d8u6.jpg

guardian_titan
11-29-2013, 11:59 PM
Can't enter it as in a wall comes up blocking you? You should be able to get there fine. There aren't many areas blocked off to exploring once you get the Jackdaw. If I'm right, that area's Tulum so there's nothing that should be blocking you. Might run into some hostile ships, but the Jackdaw at travel speed can outrun pretty much anything ... except legendary ships but those are another matter.

If no wall comes up blocking you, then there's no reason why you can't get there. The map is the way it is until you take the fort in that zone. Then everything comes up in that area. Once you have the Jackdaw, you can sail all over the map and take each fort (although some might trounce you until you get upgraded enough to take them). Only areas I know of that are blocked off until the story unlocks them are Principé, the area where the Observatory is, and Charles-towne. Might be another I can't think of at the moment, but you can roam all over once you get the Jackdaw. It's not until Sequence 6 when you get access to the diving bell and can go to the underwater areas. It's just a few small areas you can't visit until certain points in the story.

If a wall does come up blocking you, try following around the wall and maybe you'll find a spot in. If not, report it as a bug.

It's evident from the map you have been into areas in other zones where the forts haven't been taken so you're obviously aware you can travel into those areas. Try porting to Cape Bonavista (CB) and sailing down from there. Maybe take the fort while you head to Tulum. Adéwalé does mention that you should take some prizes along the way to make the crew happy. Possible that could be a requirement despite it not being listed. Take some ships and the fort. If nothing works, then report it as a bug. Make sure to list everything you tried to get around it.

Alcaria
11-30-2013, 01:01 AM
I think I know what the OP means. It must be an invisible wall "area not available" kinda thing. I had a similar issue with this but I figured, I wasn't allowed to access that specific area in the sea at that point. If I am correct, you're trying to reach Kidd from the sea on the west part of the island. Head east and go around the island