PDA

View Full Version : Just finished AC4, and....

Poodle_of_Doom
11-29-2013, 04:47 PM
I was a little bummed out. The game itself was a little lack luster, and the story line didn't have the depth of some of the previous games. It even seemed as if they wanted to leave it with an open ending, but it was less than expected. And somehow, I feel this game detracted from all the mystery the game had to offer. What do you all think?

PureSymphony
11-29-2013, 06:09 PM
Well AC4s story leads up to to AC3 as seen from the ending because obviously it's a prequel. The game was about the Observatory, but mainly there are key instances in the modern day gameplay showing that the story isn't over, AC4 was most likely made to fill in a few story pieces, not to hit big ones. AC4 answered a lot of questions that was in AC3, mainly how Haytham got his blades, and the Jackdaw is the Aquila, and Connors robes belonged to Edward. I'm sure Ubisofts next title will explain a lot more.

MadJC1986
11-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Well AC4s story leads up to to AC3 as seen from the ending because obviously it's a prequel. The game was about the Observatory, but mainly there are key instances in the modern day gameplay showing that the story isn't over, AC4 was most likely made to fill in a few story pieces, not to hit big ones. AC4 answered a lot of questions that was in AC3, mainly how Haytham got his blades, and the Jackdaw is the Aquila, and Connors robes belonged to Edward. I'm sure Ubisofts next title will explain a lot more.

Jackdaw is the Aquila.....What?!

ProletariatPleb
11-29-2013, 06:16 PM
how Haytham got his blades, Jackdaw is the Aquila, and Connors robes belonged to Edward.

http://i.minus.com/iCk6OdilzgGkD.jpg

MnemonicSyntax
11-29-2013, 06:22 PM
I usually don't condone using an image as a response, but this fits perfectly!

Haytham stole his hidden blades from Miko, the guy you kill in the theater in AC3.

The Jackdaw is not the Aquila, they're not even the same class of ship. Jackdaw is a Brig, while the Aquila is more of a Frigate, though it's never specifically stated what class she is.

And Connor got his robes from Achilles.

Sushiglutton
11-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Thought it was fantastic, best AC so far!

Poodle_of_Doom
11-29-2013, 06:41 PM
I usually don't condone using an image as a response, but this fits perfectly!

Haytham stole his hidden blades from Miko, the guy you kill in the theater in AC3.

The Jackdaw is not the Aquila, they're not even the same class of ship. Jackdaw is a Brig, while the Aquila is more of a Frigate, though it's never specifically stated what class she is.

And Connor got his robes from Achilles.

Thank you!

RoBg03
11-29-2013, 10:49 PM
I had a lot of fun with this one. i liked the core story line, the characters and events but to be honest the whole sage/observatory thing was just kinda 'meh' for me. edward kept acting like he was going to make some grand fortune off it, but i never really saw how he was going to do that. i get that they were trying to make edward a conflicted character but he seems like he just would have sold out to the templars as soon as he could. they were the only ones he was going to make any money off of. i get that he was betrayed, but he seemed to already be anti-templar at that point anyway...the assassins sure weren't gonna make him any loot.

MnemonicSyntax
11-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Well, no. You're right, that Edward was on the fence, but I think well... his losses so to speak is what made him right his wrongs.

If he didn't lose them, perhaps he would have gone the other way.

pacmanate
11-29-2013, 11:07 PM
AC4 answered a lot of questions that was in AC3, mainly how Haytham got his blades, and the Jackdaw is the Aquila, and Connors robes belonged to Edward. I'm sure Ubisofts next title will explain a lot more.

Wat

Poodle_of_Doom
11-30-2013, 12:12 AM
Well, no. You're right, that Edward was on the fence, but I think well... his losses so to speak is what made him right his wrongs.

If he didn't lose them, perhaps he would have gone the other way.

Speaking of losses, I hate how he seems so sad at the loss of each character he's closely tied to, yet the relationships weren't built up in my mind enough for me to sympathize with him the way I did with Ezio, or some of the other characters.

Megas_Doux
11-30-2013, 02:45 AM
http://i.minus.com/iCk6OdilzgGkD.jpg

Dont get cocky with those memes, you know every word of his is DA TRU!!!! Just as obvious as Altair being Ezio´s grandfather and Vidic an Al mualim descendant!!!!! I mean, both are evil and have big with beards...

Poodle_of_Doom
11-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Sorry. I'm not fluent in crazy.