PDA

View Full Version : I've Been Naughty, Plus a Question.

Phalaris99504
11-29-2013, 05:07 AM
Ok. So this is a two part post. Ive been crazy busy, which is why you haven't seen me on the forums in a long while. I probably haven't played the original RS for around 6 to 8 months. So, yes, I've been very naughty. My fingers feel like they are back to my pre-RS days. I loaded up RS1 a couple days ago, and felt like I was just starting out. I feel bad. So, I've really been thinking lately, that I should get RS2014, and do the 60 day challenge, as well as the weekly challenges, and everything else. So, I really want to get back into playing. I look at my guitars, and am saddened at the layer of dust. So, I'm planning on buying RS2014, which leads me to the second part. My question.

I have the original RS1 for PS3. I'm planning on buying the PS3 version of RS2014. I'm aware that the DLC that I bought will convert. I'm also aware that I need to spend the $9.99 to get the songs on the original disc converted. I'm fine with both of those. My question is this. I haven't bought all of the original DLC. Maybe only about 50%. If, after I buy, and install, and convert my existing DLC and Disc songs to RS2014. Can I still buy the older RS1 DLC 3 or 4 months later and have it convert to RS2014?

Thanks
Phalaris

ceestewart
11-29-2013, 06:09 AM
Yes you can. In fact, there's a 50% off sale on the older DLC going on right now.

C.Linton
11-29-2013, 06:16 AM
Yes. Any of the old DLC will transfer over no problem, I've done it at least once so far. (Bright Lights by Gary Clark Jr.)
I'm not sure it really matters, but I would buy it from the in game shop just to be safe. The only thing about doing it that way is you won't be able to buy the old RS1 song packs, you'll have to buy the songs separately. On the other hand, it is possible you could buy all this (including the song packs) from the PSN store, and it would transfer just fine. I don't know for sure, I'm sure though someone else here could tell you better.

C.Linton
11-29-2013, 06:23 AM
Yes you can. In fact, there's a 50% off sale on the older DLC going on right now.

Where? I'm looking in both the in game shop and the PSN store, and there looks to be no sales going on there (you do realize he's asking about the PS3, don't you? Perhaps this sale is on Steam?)

mrvega79
11-29-2013, 09:59 AM
I found the old DLCs through the Steam shop -- I had to search for Rocksmith (not RS 2014), which has links to the DLCs, which are all on sale. The DLCs for RS 2014 are not on sale. A few seconds after completing the purchase, the songs were already available in RS 2014.

I'm playing the PC version, of course. Your experience with the console versions may vary.

I still miss my groupies, who used to come to ALL of my Rocksmith shows. Especially the blonde girl. And her twin.

sh1kamaru-
11-29-2013, 10:04 AM

what ? on PS3 too ? I only heard about the Steam Sale :o

C.Linton
11-29-2013, 03:33 PM
I've looked, and, as far I can tell, there is no sale on the PS3 for RS1 DLC.

ceestewart
11-29-2013, 03:45 PM
Well crap....I didn't realize it was only on steam. That doesn't seem fair.

Marauder359
11-29-2013, 08:45 PM
The only thing about doing it that way is you won't be able to buy the old RS1 song packs, you'll have to buy the songs separately.

Hmmmmm, the song packs are still available in 2014 for me through xbox, I presume the packs are still available on PS3, aren't they? I see them both through the marketplace and the in game shop on xbox.

Well crap....I didn't realize it was only on steam. That doesn't seem fair.

Each platform does their own sales. Xbox featured various DLC sales throughout the summer which neither PS3 nor Steam got, so it all works out in the end.

C.Linton
11-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Hmmmmm, the song packs are still available in 2014 for me through xbox, I presume the packs are still available on PS3, aren't they? I see them both through the marketplace and the in game shop on xbox

All I know is the RS1 packs are available in the PSN store, on the RS1 game page (you need to do a search to access the RS1 Page) , but not in the 2014 in game shop. The only packs there are the newest 2014 packs.

BazzTard61
11-30-2013, 03:08 AM
please read the 49 page long bugs and issues thread before buying RS2 ,I wouldn't recommend buying it just yet,let's see if they can fix the many many issues,like poor sound quality,inaudibility of users instrument,song difficulty level resetting,, then onto the PS3 and Sony Corp......still waiting for last weeks Radiohead songpack and still no update,tho it didnt fix what it was supposed to fix.....

SeattleSauve
11-30-2013, 03:29 AM
Many folks are having a blast with 2014 on PS3. I definitely think you should get 2014 as soon as you can :)

I switched from console to PC because I didn't want to worry about DLC not carrying forward to the next gen consoles if they ever go there, also I kinda wanted to get in on the steam sales. But I don't think any of the PS3 issues are deal breakers from what I've read.

C.Linton
12-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Many folks are having a blast with 2014 on PS3. I definitely think you should get 2014 as soon as you can :)

I switched from console to PC because I didn't want to worry about DLC not carrying forward to the next gen consoles if they ever go there, also I kinda wanted to get in on the steam sales. But I don't think any of the PS3 issues are deal breakers from what I've read.

For me, on my PS3, I've only had a couple of minor issues (session mode not working right, missing songs) that were all easily and quickly fixed and have not recurred. Other than that, nothing.

hedwards362
12-01-2013, 09:11 PM
For me, on my PS3, I've only had a couple of minor issues (session mode not working right, missing songs) that were all easily and quickly fixed and have not recurred. Other than that, nothing.

Well, I had some tuning problems, but that last patch fixed that.

Apart from the tuning issue, I haven't had any particular problems with the PS3 version of the game. I know I've been griping a bit, but they're very close to having it completely right. This version by and large has been working quite well and if my progress continues at this rate, I might well be able to play the guitar by the end of the 60 days.