PDA

View Full Version : So why did they remove dynamic blending or blending animation

acbrother17
11-29-2013, 03:13 AM
So i just got the game, and im liking it so far. I would just like to know if anyone knew the reason why they remove the dynamic blending in AC4 that was in AC3?

MnemonicSyntax
11-29-2013, 03:38 AM
Most likely due to memory restrictions.

But there is some dynamic blending. In one memory, you can situate Edward to sit down with his crew at a fire, and if you stand with drunk pirates, Edward will also act drunk.

Beyond that, no one is really sure.

acbrother17
11-29-2013, 03:43 AM
Most likely due to memory restrictions.

But there is some dynamic blending. In one memory, you can situate Edward to sit down with his crew at a fire, and if you stand with drunk pirates, Edward will also act drunk.

Beyond that, no one is really sure.
Yeah i have notice the one with the drunking pirates. and idk if any one notice, but there is an interesting incident that happens when you get in a social group that are standing and talking. after a short while, you can hear them talking to you about why you came into their conversation for no reason and just standing there.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-29-2013, 03:45 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "Dynamic Blending". It's been almost a year since I've played ACIII, so I don't quite remember additional ways he was able to blend that you can't blend in BF.

acbrother17
11-29-2013, 04:16 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "Dynamic Blending". It's been almost a year since I've played ACIII, so I don't quite remember additional ways he was able to blend that you can't blend in BF.
Remember in AC3 we could have blend between ppl, who were like laying by the wall, sitting by a fence, sitting on boxes, or sitting on the ground next from a wall. and from their we could have kill enemies that came close that made connor perform a sick brutal takedown.

SixKeys
11-29-2013, 05:04 AM
Yeah i have notice the one with the drunking pirates. and idk if any one notice, but there is an interesting incident that happens when you get in a social group that are standing and talking. after a short while, you can hear them talking to you about why you came into their conversation for no reason and just standing there.

Wow, I didn't know this. I'll have to try it. :D

It could be that the dynamic blending was able to be finished in time for AC3, but the AC4 devs didn't have time to implement it since the two teams were working on the games at different times. Features that were originally slated to be in AC3 ended up in AC4 (like naval freeroam), it could be that the reverse happened as well.

acbrother17
11-29-2013, 07:25 AM
Wow, I didn't know this. I'll have to try it. :D

It could be that the dynamic blending was able to be finished in time for AC3, but the AC4 devs didn't have time to implement it since the two teams were working on the games at different times. Features that were originally slated to be in AC3 ended up in AC4 (like naval freeroam), it could be that the reverse happened as well.
yeah i was thinking that was the incident. but yeah, the part i stated is true. ive been playing the game for hours today, trying to see if the blending was in some way, but found out that interesting thing. i find it funny since alot of fans have comment on it being weird how we can just enter a group and be in a conversation from previous games.

EVA Spartan 317
11-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Dynamiy blending is in the game but......not for the player! Spoilers ahead!

On the mission when you and James Kidd have to follow Lurens Prins and Governor Torres on Kingston Kidd sometimes blend in civilian groups and starts acting like she was actually talkong to them!

Kagurra
11-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Dynamiy blending is in the game but......not for the player! Spoilers ahead!

On the mission when you and James Kidd have to follow Lurens Prins and Governor Torres on Kingston Kidd sometimes blend in civilian groups and starts acting like she was actually talkong to them!

I hated Kidd's character.

Assassin_M
11-29-2013, 05:47 PM
I hated Kidd's character.
That has nothing to do with the topic...

Sushiglutton
11-29-2013, 06:38 PM
It's a cool feature and hopefully it will be added to other games. Have no clue why the cut it (or at least reduced it significantly). Could have been technical reasons, or that they didn't have time to make enough of them or whatever.

acbrother17
12-03-2013, 12:32 AM
Yeah i would think either technical reasons or not enough time, but there was a demo that showed what i was talking bout, where he blend by leaning by the tavern table and he toke down a target by breaking his skull into the table. awh sweet mindless violence.

SixKeys
12-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Yeah i would think either technical reasons or not enough time, but there was a demo that showed what i was talking bout, where he blend by leaning by the tavern table and he toke down a target by breaking his skull into the table. awh sweet mindless violence.

Yeah, contextual blending is one thing, but it was weird that those types of kill moves were not in the game, considering AC3 made ample use of them. That mission was "The Twin Dilemma", which in the game was much less exciting than in the demo. (If you kill one guy, I don't think the other one will hop onto a ship that you can then chase like we saw in the demo.)

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 12:42 AM
Yeah, contextual blending is one thing, but it was weird that those types of kill moves were not in the game, considering AC3 made ample use of them. That mission was "The Twin Dilemma", which in the game was much less exciting than in the demo. (If you kill one guy, I don't think the other one will hop onto a ship that you can then chase like we saw in the demo.)

But that's BS. They designed it for the demo because it was awesome. If it was so awesome, why not put it into the actual game? It was already designed and from what we saw worked perfectly fine. Was there an issue so they just gave up and said F it? Because that's also BS.

Frag_Maniac
12-03-2013, 01:46 AM
By "dynamic blending" I take it you mean being able to at any given time squeeze between two or more civilians and get the blend in sparkle? Well I see that all the time, though I've only used it mostly for missions where you have to tail someone, esp if you need to eavesdrop. It also works effectively, meaning if someone is suspicious of me, I suddenly become totally anonymous once I've squeezed my way in to someone's little social circle. Benches work too, but I hate using them ever since I had trouble getting off one in the middle of eavesdropping, blowing my cover in the process.

If there's always one thing to nit pick about with AC games it's the clumsy, sticky interaction with objects in the world. For a game that's touted as pioneering smooth free running and climbing, it's awfully awkward at times. The protag is always too frisky for nearby ladders, railings, etc.

Ezio, Conner, Edward suddenly leap onto a railing in the middle of a crowd and sit perched on it as the crowd stops to gawk,..."What? I happen to like railings."

MnemonicSyntax
12-03-2013, 01:54 AM
No, dynamic blending being that you actually "do something" with the people you're blending with besides just stand or sit there.

In the gameplay demo, they had Edward on a bench, leaning over and flirting with her, and then he got up and kneeled down with some of his mates and drank from a bottle and told them they would be back for their coin later.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 03:48 AM
No, dynamic blending being that you actually "do something" with the people you're blending with besides just stand or sit there.

In the gameplay demo, they had Edward on a bench, leaning over and flirting with her, and then he got up and kneeled down with some of his mates and drank from a bottle and told them they would be back for their coin later.

He still sits down with the dudes at the campfire playing a game in that particular mission, he just doesn't say anything. He also acts drunk if you stand in a group of the drunken pirates.

acbrother17
12-03-2013, 03:54 AM
But that's BS. They designed it for the demo because it was awesome. If it was so awesome, why not put it into the actual game? It was already designed and from what we saw worked perfectly fine. Was there an issue so they just gave up and said F it? Because that's also BS.
It is BS. And we got no answer why right? the only reason i would think it was remove was because of some issues when running the game.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 04:46 AM
It is BS. And we got no answer why right? the only reason i would think it was remove was because of some issues when running the game.

But they were running the game when they showed us that in the first place. It obviously works because we saw it work.

Landruner
12-03-2013, 05:19 AM

Nope, you want the truth? they were not even dynamic blending as showed in the E3 Demo during the game development - The reason they did a scripted demo as the one presented for the event, well it is called marketing and hype. The demo had been done by an independent studio not even related to the UBI studios involved for that game. I won't even speculate and get nasty in writing that I am not sure that the demo was even really build on the AnvilNext engine.

acbrother17
12-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Nope, you want the truth? they were not even dynamic blending as showed in the E3 Demo during the game development - The reason they did a scripted demo as the one presented for the event, well it is called marketing and hype. The demo had been done by an independent studio not even related to the UBI studios involved for that game. I won't even speculate and get nasty in writing that I am not sure that the demo was even really build on the AnvilNext engine.
I understand the E3 demo, and that its all scripted and stuff, but im talking about another demo where he did an assassination contract at a fishing village.
This one right here. start at minute 2 (2:00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkc4IoMb70

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 05:41 PM
I understand the E3 demo, and that its all scripted and stuff, but im talking about another demo where he did an assassination contract at a fishing village.
This one right here. start at minute 2 (2:00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkc4IoMb70

That video is bordering on false advertising. It says "13 minutes of OPEN WORLD gameplay". And just the way Ashraf narrates it in a "convincing" way that would suggest this is what players will experience. But I'm sure they have some sort of miniscule text somewhere during the video that lets them get away with it. Cute. Not to mention it would be interesting if every contract didn't take place in a small restricted area. I really like how they don't instantly aggro on Edward... Sigh. AND his hood doesn't go down the second he steps foot on the ship... It must be magic and I wish I had some of it.

Glad they changed Edward's shoulder pads from what they were in that video though... way too bulky and ugly, along with sticking out too far. Perfect the way it is now in game.