PDA

View Full Version : Fully upgraded ship - unpossible to do some side missions

xherics
11-29-2013, 12:17 AM
Hi, is there a way to downagrade the ship?
I did not see one side quest during the beginning of the single player and now I am not able to do that side quest, because my ship is very strong.
I have to sink 2 small ships with a heavy shot, but when I fire the heavy shot, it destroys the ship, so I can not sink them :(
Do you have any ide, hogy can I do it?

Wintermist
11-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Remember that the heavy shot is the shot that you don't aim with, but simply look at the side of the ship and press the fire button. If you aim, it's not the heavy shot.

xherics
11-29-2013, 07:08 AM
Ohh, I thought that the heavy shot is the ONE shot, which have to be aimed by SHIFT :D Rofl, thank you for the info, I will try this! Really thank you!

Anykeyer
11-29-2013, 07:30 AM
Whats the difference between sinking and destroying anyway?

soundingcreepy
11-29-2013, 09:46 PM
im assuming by sink he means disable/board? since that would be the only reason not to dish out as much as possible (i sunk a man-o-war before :/ )

Anykeyer
12-02-2013, 11:36 AM
That mission requires you to actually destroy gunboats (u cant board gunboats anyway). And no matter how good your firepower is its imossible to 1-shot scooners and above, damage always caps at red zone (when boarding becomes possible). I wish I can turn this off because now im too lazy to board anything lower than lv60 manowars (and even those because I still need 6 or so for my fleet), everything else I just finish immediatelly, its way faster if you upgraded to the maximum, even if it gets you only half of the cargo.