PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag Couriers WAAAAAAY Too Hard to Catch for TOO LITTLE Reward!!

Yoshack Fyre84
11-28-2013, 11:20 PM
On Xbox One, may not apply to 360. These sneaky little bastards know you're coming from 40 feet away. You can't distract them with Courtesans, you can use them to get close, but you can't tackle them while blended. You also cannot tackle them from the air. You have to be on the same level as them. The worst part of it all, is you CANNOT tackle them when they are on the edge of something about to jump over or down. If you do make a "successful" tackle, the game glitches and it acts like you haven't caught them, and they run away, because you can't retackle within a few second after a failed tackle. You can mash on B but nothing happens. When you do finally manage to catch one of these creeps after five minutes of chasing, your rewards is less than 200. Completely ridiculous. Why even include them in the game if it's going to be unbelievable frustrating and not worth the effort? If I see one now I just shoot him from a distance with the blow gun. Screw the stupid chase. At least killing him doesn't max out your wanted level like previous games. Oh wait, there is no wanted level on land.

phoenix-force411
11-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Since Notoriety is not implemented to Edward on land, you can just shoot them or throw your throwing knife to kill them. I never have the patience to catch them because they run 20% faster than you.

SixKeys
11-29-2013, 01:09 AM
I wouldn't even bother with them if not for that annoying "Side content: Catch the courier" pop-up that won't go away until you've caught them.

xCHEMISTx
11-29-2013, 01:31 AM
They are good when you are abit low on bullets or darts. Great for refilling your ammo stocks. They run fast when they get in the open though. I don't mind the difficulty. Just have to time your tackle well or if your impatient you can just shoot them from a distance as has been pointed out.

Yoshack Fyre84
11-29-2013, 02:13 AM
Since Notoriety is not implemented to Edward on land, you can just shoot them or throw your throwing knife to kill them. I never have the patience to catch them because they run 20% faster than you.
I like your suggestion "Throw your throwing knife" You didn't say, "Throw ONE of your throwing KNIVES." I got ONE SINGLE throwing knife early in the game. I have yet to acquire any others, and haven't used the one I have. I'm saving it for a special occasion that may warrant it.

HiddenKiller612
11-29-2013, 05:22 AM
I like your suggestion "Throw your throwing knife" You didn't say, "Throw ONE of your throwing KNIVES." I got ONE SINGLE throwing knife early in the game. I have yet to acquire any others, and haven't used the one I have. I'm saving it for a special occasion that may warrant it.
You can only ever carry one. It's essentially a dagger, used as a throwing knife.

Kagurra
11-29-2013, 05:38 AM
Okay... you sure you aren't trolling? How would catching couriers be easier/harder on different consoles? Besides, they really aren't that bad at all. They only spook and run if they see you, and they're easy to catch. If for some reason you can't catch them on foot, just hit them with something ranged.