PDA

View Full Version : Is chargeback the only option?

exiara
11-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Hello ubi team,

First of all I am the loyal customer of ubi AC series and other games.
I have AC, AC2, AC2:B, AC2:R, AC3, MMH and so on.
Now I have come to the situation in which I really don't know what to think.

I have a Steam copy of AC3 (gift from a friend) and it is linked and launched through uplay.
Some days ago I have bought `AC3 Season pass` but I have bought it in Ubishop not in Steam as it seems no difference where to buy.
Nowhere in Ubishop could be found that this season pass does not work with steam version of the game but as it appears it does not.
I have created a support ticket with the question is it possible to use somehow this season pass - it was ignored by support team.

Some days later I have created a ticket asking for refund - according to the license agreement this purchase may be refunded as I was not able to run it even once.
By fact it was just not delivered.
This ticket was also ignored by support team.

And now to the subject - is chargeback the only option to solve this situation?
The only thing I really want in this situation - get the working copy of AC3:SP.
But it seems there's no other choice except chargeback?

CptPakundo
11-28-2013, 02:13 PM
If you do a chargeback, expect Ubisoft to ban your account from making any future purchases or any such nonsense.
Edit: Honestly, though, you should've known better that there is a difference between Steam and non-Steam when it comes to Ubisoft games.

exiara
11-28-2013, 02:51 PM
If you do a chargeback, expect Ubisoft to ban your account from making any future purchases or any such nonsense.
Edit: Honestly, though, you should've known better that there is a difference between Steam and non-Steam when it comes to Ubisoft games.

And from where should I know about differences between steam and non-steam ubi games if there's no info in the store?
Game launches through uplay. Achievements are also in uplay.
In fact - I have uplay account, I have AC3 in this account and I have bought SP for this account - and I expect it will work.
Discommunication between these two systems should not affect customers - it should be solved between publisher and distributors.
So technically - it is a bug. And you know I'm right =)

And regarding banning my future purchases - do you really think I will buy anything from ubi in future if I can't expect my purchases to work and can't even get a refund if they would not?

Edit: You know, 15 euro is not money - I can just buy SP in steam and forget. But support ignorance - it's a shame. And so the subj.

Syr.Jake
11-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Okay, first of all, just because Support hasn't gotten to your ticket doesn't mean they are ignoring you, or it, or the issue. You are not their only customer.

Second, have you filed a bug report yet? And not just some vague "it doesn't work" bug report either.

You should include the following in your report:

Uplay Account/User Name
Uplay version number
Game Name
Pack name
Purchase Date
Any and all error messages (exact text of them) that occur when you attempt to activate the Season Pass in the Uplay Window should also be included in your bug report.
If the bug report form allows you to attach/upload a screenshot, include a screenshot showing the error message/s as well.
Include the exact steps you are going through when you try to activate the Season Pass.