PDA

View Full Version : Legendary ships

Lethalla
11-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Anyone taken one (or more) of these down yet? I've upgraded my ship as far as I can, though I've yet to find any elite plans for hull, cannons etc (I've got the two treasure maps for elite fire barrels/storage but I've got 10/12 remaining treasure maps and none of the others has any elite plans). And I've finished sequence 5.
So anyway, on my first attempt I took maybe a third of its health bar before it sunk me. Second time I didn't even get that much.

Any tips? Know where the other elite plans are?

HypeR.tgL
11-28-2013, 12:17 PM
If you go diving in all 7 diving locations, then you'll find all the main plans you'll need.

As for the legendary ships, I beat them without having to get any elite plans, it was a difficult challenge, heaps of retries, but after a while of observing how each one behaves, you learn their weaknesses.

For most of the Legendary ships I just stalked their backsides and just spammed volleys of chain shot to stun them until death.

xCHEMISTx
11-28-2013, 12:27 PM
I've got the achievement for sinking them all now. I had maxed weapons and armour though so did them quite easily. I did make a video of one of the harder ones I took down if you want to watch it. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811831-How-To-Destroy-The-Dama-Negra(Legendary-Spanish-Ship)

ze_topazio
11-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Only one left, that super fast one.

HiddenKiller612
11-28-2013, 12:44 PM
The southern ship to the left of the map:
It's weak point is it's back, the sides are impenetrable... Just keep your ship at half mast to avoid it's mortar fire. Come in close and blast it, rinse and repeat

Southern ship to the right of the map:
Just use broadsides... it's the easiest of them all.

Northern ship to the left:
It loves to ram you, it will go out about 900m and come right at you... How I took it down was a mixture of chain shot, broadside, and fire barrels.

Northern Ship to the right:
These ships are tricky, if you don't take them out almost simultaneously, the last one with ram you until you de-syncronize.... So wear down their health until both are almost defeated, then take them out one at a time.

Lethalla
11-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Thanks... I've been waiting to do the diving sequences, guess I should do a bit more of the main storyline instead of straight pirating, lol.
I'll try the one I was nearest again but it seems to turn awfully fast and my mortar shot does barely any damage while it keeps firing its own and takes a third of my health at a time. -_-

Mako
11-28-2013, 05:47 PM
I did them after doing the diving sequences to get my ship upgraded at least most of the way. The hardest battle I found was the twin man-o-wars. Killing one early caused the other to "enrage" and it would pummel me. Took a lot of retries to get them both to go down about the same time, or at least keep my distance from the second one. The others were challenging, but not particularly hard. Maybe took a couple retries on average apiece. There are strategies posted online.

SixKeys
11-28-2013, 05:54 PM
I tried to find one yesterday just to see how badly I would get my *** kicked if I tried to take it on before my Jackdaw is full upgraded (currently in sequence 6). I headed for the one in the upper right corner of the map, but when I got there, there was nothing there. I don't know if it was a glitch or if I'm just not able to find the ships this early in the game.

Lethalla
11-28-2013, 08:54 PM
I tried to find one yesterday just to see how badly I would get my *** kicked if I tried to take it on before my Jackdaw is full upgraded (currently in sequence 6). I headed for the one in the upper right corner of the map, but when I got there, there was nothing there. I don't know if it was a glitch or if I'm just not able to find the ships this early in the game.

Really? All 4 appear on my map as red icons that look like... fire hydrants, I think, lol.

ze_topazio
11-29-2013, 12:00 AM
A few moments ago i tried some stupidity, i stopped the Jackdaw, jumped overboard, and swam to the legendary ship, after god knows how many minutes swimming (swimming in the high seas ain't easy because of the waves) i finally reached the ship, as soon as they spotted me they fired all their cannons, yes, cannons, not muskets like the normal ships do, cannons, instant death.

SixKeys
11-29-2013, 12:39 AM
Really? All 4 appear on my map as red icons that look like... fire hydrants, I think, lol.

Yes, the icons show up on my map, but when I set one as my marker and headed straight towards it, I kept waiting for the ship to appear out of the mist. And waiting....and waiting....and waiting....until I was right on top of it and nothing there. I thuoght maybe the game was trying to save me from humiliation, lol.

Kagurra
11-29-2013, 12:39 AM
Max upgraded Ram is your friend. Once you get that and maybe the last hull upgrade or something they become easier.

SixKeys
11-29-2013, 12:43 AM
A few moments ago i tried some stupidity, i stopped the Jackdaw, jumped overboard, and swam to the legendary ship, after god knows how many minutes swimming (swimming in the high seas ain't easy because of the waves) i finally reached the ship, as soon as they spotted me they fired all their cannons, yes, cannons, not muskets like the normal ships do, cannons, instant death.

Hahaha, that sounds like something Edward would do when he's drunk.

"We can take her, lads!! *hic* "
"Err, I'm not so sure we're ready for that, Capt--"
"What are you lot, chickens?! I can take her with my bare hands, just watch me!"

Megas_Doux
11-29-2013, 05:09 AM
Yes, the icons show up on my map, but when I set one as my marker and headed straight towards it, I kept waiting for the ship to appear out of the mist. And waiting....and waiting....and waiting....until I was right on top of it and nothing there. I thuoght maybe the game was trying to save me from humiliation, lol.

Indeed!

Not calling bad or anything like it, those ships are hard enough with the Jackdaw fully upgraded, without the overhauling is certain death haha.