PDA

View Full Version : Question for Ubisoft

ItalianKillshot
11-28-2013, 05:08 AM
I don't get it. What's the point of having the leaderboards? If Ubisoft is going to add the leaderboard feature of the game to encourage friendly competition, why wouldn't they make an effort to protect the integrity of the scores on the board? How hard can it be to block users who are posting obviously false numbers? Admittedly I was spending too much time playing and was well up the list in all the categories. Now I'm buried beneath the avalanche of 2,147,483,647 scores that magically appeared.

I've seen some discussion about this and people are talking about special consoles and hacks. I don't know what's what. So can anyone tell me what the actual deal is? Is this a scenario where it's too difficult for Ubisoft to block these people or are we talking about a scenario where if you participate in multiplayer or use particular consoles you can rack up crazy totals that are otherwise unattainable?

The competitive aspect of the game is ruined now, which is unfortunate. I was having a good time with it. I'll most likely play a lot less or not at all now as I've completed the story line, side missions and Abstergo challenges (other than the glitched weapon challenge). Playing less is probably a good thing, but I would like to understand what happened. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Gi1t
11-28-2013, 05:57 AM
I don't even know why people bother to post those scores when it's so ridiculously obvious that they're all fake. XD I was talking about that with one of my college roommates once when he was playing COD4 and he pulled up the leaderboards to show all the 2,000,000/1 kill ratios and s***. It was kind of funny that the owner of the top score was named COD4sucks. :D

Syr.Jake
11-28-2013, 08:08 AM
If you are interested in "friendly competition" then stick with your friends list and ignore the World and Regional lists.

The people that you want Ubisoft to "block" also paid for the game so there is probably not a snowballs chance in hell that Ubisoft will block any of their paid users for cheating the leaderboards.

And while I think that those who cheat are doing so only to stroke their own miniscule epeens, what they are doing has no direct impact in the game itself. So their "exploit" is getting them nothing other than a short term ego boost.

Cheating takes the fun out of the game. Those who are cheating aren't doing it because they actually like the game, and like playing the game. What the game is, they probably couldn't care less, they just want the knowledge that they are "special" and can impress the others in their circles who are also "special".

xCHEMISTx
11-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Least the multiplayer doesn't seem to be affected by modders and hacks at all.

ItalianKillshot
11-28-2013, 07:20 PM
If you are interested in "friendly competition" then stick with your friends list and ignore the World and Regional lists.

The people that you want Ubisoft to "block" also paid for the game so there is probably not a snowballs chance in hell that Ubisoft will block any of their paid users for cheating the leaderboards.

And while I think that those who cheat are doing so only to stroke their own miniscule epeens, what they are doing has no direct impact in the game itself. So their "exploit" is getting them nothing other than a short term ego boost.

Cheating takes the fun out of the game. Those who are cheating aren't doing it because they actually like the game, and like playing the game. What the game is, they probably couldn't care less, they just want the knowledge that they are "special" and can impress the others in their circles who are also "special".

I see your point about focusing on my own list of friends, but I was interested to see how I stacked up across the board. For me I had a large lead over my friends, so the people it made the most sense to compare my numbers with were the ones at the top of the boards (before they got hacked). If Ubisoft gave you the ability to scroll down the leaderboard you could just ignore all the absurd values and see where you stand. Although I would probably have to scroll for an awfully long time as it seems there are many people who get some sort of thrill from posting fake scores.

Anyway, I suppose "congratulations" are in order for those who have demonstrated the ability to hack the leaderboards. "Well done."

phillips781
11-28-2013, 11:59 PM
I agree however if ubisoft servers are compiling these scores overall from everyone's gameplay they must be able to delete or affect the results . the uplay passport is detected when starting the game surely from the usernames they can cancel the players spoiling it for others. Failing all that the game is not described as sold so a refund by all purchasers in uk law at least might make them sit up and take notice.....just a thought. everyone log a complaint to ubisoft the more the merrier..

ItalianKillshot
11-29-2013, 04:20 PM
I agree however if ubisoft servers are compiling these scores overall from everyone's gameplay they must be able to delete or affect the results . the uplay passport is detected when starting the game surely from the usernames they can cancel the players spoiling it for others. Failing all that the game is not described as sold so a refund by all purchasers in uk law at least might make them sit up and take notice.....just a thought. everyone log a complaint to ubisoft the more the merrier..

That's an interesting take. I'm not versed on all the fine print of the game, but typically the only thing that makes companies sit up and take notice is $$. I'm not certain if this issue constitutes a failure by Ubisoft that warrants a refund, but certainly thousands of users requesting refunds might wake them up. Clearly there's no question this is a failure on their part. They have failed to set up the boards in a way that they can't be hacked. Further, they are making no effort to block the users who have cheated. JessieColt mentioned that Ubisoft isn't going to block paying customers. I don't know why not. What gives one group of paying customers the right to screw over all the other paying customers?

I'm curious to know Ubisoft's position on this. Do they feel they have no responsibility to keep the boards free from hackers? It's not like it's difficult to spot the fake scores. Clearly anyone who has posted values in the hundreds of millions and into the billions has cheated. It seems as if Ubisoft is taking the approach that once they created the leaderboards they washed their hands of any responsibility to see that users aren't abusing them. Frustrated users could certainly make the case that one of the features of the game is severely compromised.

mario45
11-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Ubisoft is stupid enough to done it. AC IV already got glitched achievements on Xbox One and PS4. Ubisoft need to removing MP modes out of AC series and biggest force on single-player campaign. MP modes shouldn't include in first place. Loo at AC II is amazing than rest of all AC series is downhill. AC III and IV got bugged as hell. Ubisoft had rip me off and huge letdown. :(

I want AC V go back single-player only and stop bring MP modes for pile of problems and testing game very with too. :(

They had ruined my enjoyment of Franchise now this why I am so frustrated with Ubisoft now. They made perfect job on Rayman Legends on Wii U (of course it is multiformat) and loved it as well Splinter Cell: Blacklist on Xbox 360 (of course it is multiformat title again). Both games is better than AC IV because they doesn't got problems with bugged and glitched. AC IV is worst again since AC III.

Plus they bought Just Dance games just for money and bought poor new IP game for Xbox One. They made good job and yes mix reviews for ZombiU from last year for Wii U but this time they worst and ruined many things for Christmas 2013 with Just Dance for money, gave bugged AC IV and poor new IP game for Xbox One. Oh dear and it is bad markets for Ubisoft.

I am so frustrated with Ubisoft and I felt like with EA in past. Activision, EA and Ubisoft is worst gaming company. But lucky EA is won for worst of the year for company. Really disappointed. I not want Ubisoft went same route with Activision and EA. :(