PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite Hidden blades so far?

phoenix-force411
11-28-2013, 04:47 AM
You can share your favorite bracer in the comments. My favorite hidden blades are Ezio's Assassin's Creed II Hidden Blades, and Connor's Hidden blades. Favorite Bracers are Ezio's Assassin's Creed II's bracer, and Ezio's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood bracers.

MaceoniK
11-28-2013, 05:00 AM
No contest:- http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/2/2f/Connor_Hidden_blades_by_Okmer.jpg

phoenix-force411
11-28-2013, 05:03 AM
Weird thing about Connor's blade is that it can go 180 degrees. How he keeps it straight as a hidden blade is a mystery.

MaceoniK
11-28-2013, 05:10 AM
Weird thing about Connor's blade is that it can go 180 degrees. How he keeps it straight as a hidden blade is a mystery.

Think it's just 90 degrees, and It would obviously lock in to place somehow when it's straight. It's not completely inconceivable... is it?

phoenix-force411
11-28-2013, 05:16 AM
Think it's just 90 degrees, and It would obviously lock in to place somehow when it's straight. It's not completely inconceivable... is it?
No, it can go 180 degrees. Play ACIII and when you trip a guard, press the guard break button and you'll see Connor flick his blade 180 degrees. The blade itself can be completely detachable from the wrist.

MaceoniK
11-28-2013, 05:32 AM
Ok, I'll take your word for it... 180. Not sure what scenario your talking about, but ok.

Sigv4rd
11-28-2013, 05:45 AM
At the moment Edward's (though that is probably just the animations)

Overall the AC:B design is probably my favorite...
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj6hU0Y0OmS0yHA8n3KrWHxIosjIkwi m8XxGRUX5AgptmBA-2kdA

guardian_titan
11-28-2013, 05:48 AM
Altair's hidden blade and Edward's are pretty much the same, aren't they? Only difference is that Altair wielded one and Edward two. I don't recall Edward having any fancy gizmos with his blades. Haytham's were also the same as Edward's. And Ezio's early hidden blades (pre-hidden gun and poison) are the same as Edward's, too. Although Altair also did have a hidden gun in Revelations.

Probably be easier to ask if you liked the gun, poison, hook, swivel, or stationary hidden blade best. Way the poll's worded basically makes it biased, and we all know how many in the forum are pro-Ezio and anti-Connor. People will just pick their favorite assassin without really reading what the poll's on. They just see it as an assassin poll and not a hidden blade one. Better to leave the name of the assassin out of it and focus on the weapons themselves. It's rather interesting to see what can influence people with polls regardless if the poll taker intended that or not. One detail can change what a person selects for a poll.

I found the gun overpowered although was entertaining, the poison too limited (rather not be in melee to use a poison so I'm a big fan of the blowpipe), the hook gimmicky, the stationary boring, and the swivel interesting although a bit of a head scratcher. Makes you wonder how Connor avoided cutting his fingers off with the swivel blade ... at least when he was initially learning to use it. The blade is likely really sharp since he uses it to skin animals and kill. Sharp knives are the best to skin with. Possible it has a seat on it so he has to use a finger to actually push it off the seat to allow it to swivel one direction or another but not swivel the other way or it'd be back on the seat again. Can't be that hard to push it one way or the other since he'd have to do it with one, maybe two fingers, very quickly. Makes you wonder if Ubisoft considers how a hidden blade works when designing it or if they just go for the "cool" and interesting factor rather than what's practical. Obvious in the animations there's no real explanation as to how the blades pop out and stay out.

Sigv4rd
11-28-2013, 06:02 AM
Altair's hidden blade and Edward's are pretty much the same, aren't they? Only difference is that Altair wielded one and Edward two. I don't recall Edward having any fancy gizmos with his blades. Haytham's were also the same as Edward's. And Ezio's early hidden blades (pre-hidden gun and poison) are the same as Edward's, too. Although Altair also did have a hidden gun in Revelations.

Ah but the bracers are different and there are also different styles to the blades themselves and animations...

MaceoniK
11-28-2013, 06:05 AM

I think some people might consider what they look like, as well as what they can do.

Probably be easier to ask if you liked the gun, poison, hook, swivel, or stationary hidden blade best. Way the poll's worded basically makes it biased, and we all know how many in the forum are pro-Ezio and anti-Connor. People will just pick their favorite assassin without really reading what the poll's on. They just see it as an assassin poll and not a hidden blade one. Better to leave the name of the assassin out of it and focus on the weapons themselves. It's rather interesting to see what can influence people with polls regardless if the poll taker intended that or not. One detail can change what a person selects for a poll.

Sounds like your not giving people enough credit.

I found the gun overpowered although was entertaining, the poison too limited (rather not be in melee to use a poison so I'm a big fan of the blowpipe), the hook gimmicky, the stationary boring, and the swivel interesting although a bit of a head scratcher. Makes you wonder how Connor avoided cutting his fingers off with the swivel blade ... at least when he was initially learning to use it. The blade is likely really sharp since he uses it to skin animals and kill. Sharp knives are the best to skin with. Possible it has a seat on it so he has to use a finger to actually push it off the seat to allow it to swivel one direction or another but not swivel the other way or it'd be back on the seat again. Can't be that hard to push it one way or the other since he'd have to do it with one, maybe two fingers, very quickly. Makes you wonder if Ubisoft considers how a hidden blade works when designing it or if they just go for the "cool" and interesting factor rather than what's practical. Obvious in the animations there's no real explanation as to how the blades pop out and stay out.

Probably best not to think too much about it.

phoenix-force411
11-28-2013, 06:11 AM

Altair later yielded two blades, but he's more iconic with one only. The differences between Altair's and Edward's hidden blades are: Altair's blade slimmer and it's longer. Edward's are more fatter but are much shorter. Edward's blades are the shortest within the AC series.

Haytham and Connor have the same kind of hidden blades, but the designs for both of them are different. Haytham's blade is very very plain. While Connor's are very decorative.

Sigv4rd
11-28-2013, 06:14 AM
Altair later yielded two blades, but he's more iconic with one only. The differences between Altair's and Edward's hidden blades are: Altair's blade slimmer and it's longer. Edward's are more fatter but are much shorter. Edward's blades are the shortest within the AC series.

Haytham and Connor have the same kind of hidden blades, but the designs for both of them are different. Haytham's blade is very very plain. While Connor's are very decorative.

Altair's blade (at least in AC1) is more designed for stabbing than slashing.
Also I could have sworn that Connor/Haytham had the shortest blades?

phoenix-force411
11-28-2013, 06:22 AM
Altair's blade (at least in AC1) is more designed for stabbing than slashing.
Also I could have sworn that Connor/Haytham had the shortest blades?

Assassin's Creed: Revelations disapproves of Altair's hidden blade as only for Stabbing, but either way, it's still pretty cool.

Haytham's blade extends fairly as long as Connor's, but there is a bug in ACIII where Connor's hidden blades didn't completely extend and it would only extend halfway. It looked kind of funny. But no, Edward's are the shortest within the series.

The Apache
11-28-2013, 06:49 AM
Is OP talking about the bracers or the blades, themselves?

phoenix-force411
11-28-2013, 07:10 AM
Is OP talking about the bracers or the blades, themselves?
Poll is only for blades. But you can talk about bracers and blades....

EchoFiveKilo
11-28-2013, 07:45 AM
Connor's were hands down my favourite. They looked awesome + the pivot function was great allowing him to use the left blade as a knife, which added good variety to the kill animations (right hand straight hidden blade, left hand knife) and as someone mentioned previously, yes it does go 180 degrees, which allows Connor to use the knife in either hammer grip or reverse grip.

If you press attack or break defense (when not near an enemy) you'll see him do a cool knife flip animation. Or when you use the sword, he'll hold the sword normally and with the hidden blade in hammer grip as opposed to tomahawk, where he holds the blade in reverse.

Sigv4rd
11-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Assassin's Creed: Revelations disapproves of Altair's hidden blade as only for Stabbing, but either way, it's still pretty cool.

I don't count Revelations Altair as an accurate depiction of his fighting style, considering that ALL of his animations were recycled from Ezio (without the hookblade)

pacmanate
11-28-2013, 09:48 AM
AC1 = Okay, not much to do with it
AC2 = Better, can be used in combat
AC:B = My FAVOURITE one, the killstreak function they put in with the hidden blade is beast.
AC:R = Kinda meh since one is a stupid hook
AC3 = Really slow in combat
AC4 = Really slow in combat and the hidden blades are small and thick.

Kagurra
11-28-2013, 10:46 AM
Edward's. Love the thicker design, and if you look closely on the inside of his gauntlets one blade has a pirate skull and the other has an assassin symbol.

Also love his high profile standing still assassination animation. Even though it's for high profile it's rather stealthy since he throws the body down backwards, but still quick and brutal unlike Ezio's where he spends 50 minutes slowly lowering the guy to the ground lovingly after putting him to his knees and stabbing him in the neck. I use it all the time, especially when I walk up behind guards on a rooftop or some other elevated place where I'm not going to be walking forward right after and I don't want the body to fall down. Love it and hope something like it stays for the next game.

John-Connolly
11-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Brotherhood by far. Animations were sick, and they were FAST. Hidden blades in AC3 were slow because Ubisoft wanted you to use the Tomahawk, and they're slow in AC4 because they want you to use the dual swords.

adventurewomen
11-28-2013, 02:09 PM
I liked Leonardo's Hidden Blade upgrades in AC2 & Brotherhood. I also like Connor's rotating hidden blade and removable knife from his vambrace.

I also like Edwards double hidden blades. :)

Shahkulu101
11-28-2013, 02:18 PM
I like every hidden blade, but I prefer Altair's, Edward's and Connor's as they didn't have too many gimmicks, unlike Messer Ezio - who had more tools in that hidden blade than Edward did overall.

shobhit7777777
11-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Is there any major difference apart from the aesthetics?

The only major upgrade the Hidden blades saw was the Hookblade mod in ACR which actually had a gameplay impact. One could argue that Connor's blade which could be used as a straight knife as well was another innovation but it isn't that big a leap.

I liked AC2's blades and LOVED Edward's blades because not only they are the sleekest when it comes to bracers...the blade looks like it is designed for stabbing and looks really resilient. The massive bracers and gauntlets in the Ezio trilogy really annoyed me.

DetroitPlaya
11-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Really hard to choose.

Ezio's design is gorgeous. Connor's is a nice way to make them more diverse. Edward's nice and clean. Etc..

Not fan of Shao Jun's, Nikolai's, and Altaírs, though.

Related:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mISNOvuzn60

SixKeys
11-28-2013, 03:40 PM
I honestly don't see much of a difference. :p The only blade that was really different was Connor's due to its rotating possibilities. I guess my favorite bracers would be Ezio's AC2 ones. Stylish, yet subtle enough that they wouldn't arouse much suspicion.

Dev_Anj
11-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Is there any major difference apart from the aesthetics?
The massive bracers and gauntlets in the Ezio trilogy really annoyed me.

Hey, same here. I always thought that they were too bulky and raised attention to a weapon that was designed more as a tool for stealth rather than open ended combat.

What's incredible is how the Hidden Blades never break in the game no matter how many times you get hit. Must be real fine Assassin steel.

Kaschra
11-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Definitely the hookblade for me. I really love that one.

JnrfL
11-28-2013, 06:11 PM
It got to be Ezio's all in one Hidden Blades. With all the stuff it was packing, it got to be the most valuable of them all. It would be nice if Edward could have his hidden blades upon attaining Master or Mentor rank since having a blowpipe is too primative for a pirate. I even think Edward would ditch the hideous thing in a heart beat and just use the good ol' fashion hidden gun to shoot bullets, sleeping darts and berserk darts that Great Grandpa Ezio used to use. :D

EchoFiveKilo
11-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Brotherhood by far. Animations were sick, and they were FAST. Hidden blades in AC3 were slow because Ubisoft wanted you to use the Tomahawk, and they're slow in AC4 because they want you to use the dual swords.

They're slower cause its more realistic the way theyre portrayed in ac3 and 4 - try button mashing attack in AC2 with the hidden blades, look how ridiculous it looked.