PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Contract Bugged

Nrdayy
11-27-2013, 05:29 PM
The first assassin contract from the salt key banks is bugged for me, there was a ship i was suppose to destroy/board but i went to far away from it now it wont re appear and the side quest just stays active even though there is no marker on my map to go to. Why is there no restart/abandon contract button, help blezzzzzzz i begz youz

UbiVolfbane
11-27-2013, 06:50 PM
I am sorry to hear that this has happened. Please try checking some walk-through for the particular mission to see if it helps. If you are still having this issue, please submit a ticket to Support with as much information as possible. Include play time, occurrence and any other detailed information that may assist us with investigating. You may submit a ticket using the links in my signature below.
In the meantime, please try another save to see if the same problem occurs.

Nazorean
11-27-2013, 07:16 PM
The first assassin contract from the salt key banks is bugged for me, there was a ship i was suppose to destroy/board but i went to far away from it now it wont re appear and the side quest just stays active even though there is no marker on my map to go to. Why is there no restart/abandon contract button, help blezzzzzzz i begz youz
Unfortunately my friend I have no good news for you. Look here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803769-*BUG-REPORT*-AC4-Black-Flag-PS3-Assassination-Contracts-BROKEN-game-long-glitch! . 45 pages about this bug and the other ones. It is in game since day 1 when the game was released. Mr_Shade is second week repeating that they will fix it "soon" and the only patches arrived on ps4/ps3. Ubisoft has failed at providing fixes for bugs that turn game into irritating mass of pain.

x___Luffy___x
11-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Unfortunately my friend I have no good news for you. Look here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803769-*BUG-REPORT*-AC4-Black-Flag-PS3-Assassination-Contracts-BROKEN-game-long-glitch! . 45 pages about this bug and the other ones. It is in game since day 1 when the game was released. Mr_Shade is second week repeating that they will fix it "soon" and the only patches arrived on ps4/ps3. Ubisoft has failed at providing fixes for bugs that turn game into irritating mass of pain.

yes i just had this exact same bug of which you linked to the thread. i am on pc. and after that i quit the game and restarted the game and uplay deleted my whole save game. i was on sequence 6 and now i have no save game. so i will have to play the whole game again till that point ??

uplay is ****ing piece of ****. and cloud sync is a ****ing joke. **** it, and **** you ubisoft.
how are you gonna give me back my progress. i want a reply . **** this uplay.

joedreamliner78
12-01-2013, 05:19 AM

Wow man!! I Have the same problem! I was chasing the ship and to the left I saw a treasure chest so I hopped off my ship and went back on to chase him and sure enough gone! I have the whole game complete 100%, every item etc except for TWO freaking contracts on Dry Tortorga. I'm incredibly pissed and I submitted a ticket to ubisoft and STILL no reply 2 days now! There tech support is not very good at getting back. VOLFBANE you should remote through GOTOMYPC and go into the game config files and at least change a parameter that would allow us to replay the contract. I have a buddy who is coder and looking into it now because UBI can't even fix their own game.

drakkar321
12-01-2013, 07:20 AM

I don't believe this is a bug. I checked to make sure that I had not already completed this contract and I hadn't. So I started the contract and followed the mark. He travels to Matanzas and gets off of his ship there.

joedreamliner78
12-01-2013, 09:35 PM
I don't believe this is a bug. I checked to make sure that I had not already completed this contract and I hadn't. So I started the contract and followed the mark. He travels to Matanzas and gets off of his ship there.

Hey thanks for the tip but I went to Matanzas just now and killed every enemy on the island including the men on the small boat and I sank it. This is definably a bug. I even went back to small cage to see if I can grab the contract again and sure enough I can not.

drakkar321
12-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Hey thanks for the tip but I went to Matanzas just now and killed every enemy on the island including the men on the small boat and I sank it. This is definably a bug. I even went back to small cage to see if I can grab the contract again and sure enough I can not.

When I first arrived at Matanzas, he was standing on the edge of the pier waiting for me, with the red dot over his head. He didn't start moving until I got off of the ship. I also tried dying while on the contract, after he was on the island, to see if it would reset. The target respawned back on his ship at the point where you would first encounter him. There was also a marker on the map for me there as well though, and I am guessing you probably would have seen the map marker if it was working correctly for you. You might check there just in case, but yeah, it sounds like it's bugged alright. Sorry I wasn't able to help you with it.

STRATIUSREXU
12-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Same bug for me on XBOX 360 and by what I am reading Ubisoft is ineffective in giving any credible resolution for a fix. I am cleaning up all the side missions and am stuck at salt key bank- contract 28. Ubisoft it is always improtant to note that a conversation requires replies on your part and not just your customers bringing up an issue. Who do you think you are? Obamacare?

STRATIUSREXU
12-02-2013, 12:23 AM
How do you open a ticket?

joedreamliner78
12-02-2013, 02:51 AM
How do you open a ticket?

If you go into Uplay for the selected games look to the left click help and click on my questions, then ask a question. You will have to log in

joedreamliner78
12-02-2013, 02:53 AM
When I first arrived at Matanzas, he was standing on the edge of the pier waiting for me, with the red dot over his head. He didn't start moving until I got off of the ship. I also tried dying while on the contract, after he was on the island, to see if it would reset. The target respawned back on his ship at the point where you would first encounter him. There was also a marker on the map for me there as well though, and I am guessing you probably would have seen the map marker if it was working correctly for you. You might check there just in case, but yeah, it sounds like it's bugged alright. Sorry I wasn't able to help you with it.

Oh man thanks for info even though it didn't help it seems this is how most things are solved when another user happens to mistaken find a work around for the glitch. With 150+ hours into the game and all I'm missing is multiplier and the two assassins contracts for 100% sync it is quite aggravating.