PDA

View Full Version : Are devs aware? :D

spectatorx
11-27-2013, 12:25 PM
OMG, guys and ladies, i'm so proud i didn't buy the game. Maybe it has awesome plot and gameplay but totally screwed technical side of it makes me refuse buy, if someone would give me the game as gift the person would become my worst enemy.

Or Anvil Engine Next is so terrible or whole Kiev division should be fired and shut down a year ago or just in case, both. Ubisoft is saying... oh, no, they are saying varied things and none of them appear to be truth or sound like science fiction.

Ubisoft, wtf is wrong with you? I do not understand how you can survive waves of complaining gamers and endless numbers of reports on support without doing anything to fix both your games.

You needed to release 3 games until you replaced in revelations some weird meaningless icons to actual keys on keyboard so i'll be optimistic and say you will do something about anvil engine next games performance with assassin's creed 20 (as there are planned 22 or 23 ac games of what i know).

I've tested the game by borrowing it from my friend, she is trying to play this game but she regrets the buy and she also regrets she didn't listen to me when i told her to not buy the game. She is saying ac3 was running terrible but ac4 is much more disaster. After playing on my pc i can say exactly the same thing, ac3 was disaster and black flag is even more. She keeps trying to play the game because Edward is handsome badass and plot and gameplay are awesome but these are only reasons why she is enduring torture of playing 15fps. Ubisoft, remember, games are not only about plots and gameplays, they also should be optimized well to make gamer have joy of playing the game, i definitely couldn't joy with black flag.

And also polish translation - omfg, what a disaster, the worst translation in whole series of the game. Some idiots while translating probably didn't even check wikipedia for names of measures. I can hear Edward saying "100 leagues" and i see in subtitles "100 mil morskich" (100 sea miles). Dear idiots who are responsible for polish translation: 1 sea league is distance of about 3 sea miles, do you see the difference? Take a walk of 1 sea mile and 1 sea league, you will feel god damn difference and learn how to properly translate games. Also in menu, graphics settings, these idiots translated "godrays" to "promień stwórcy" (ray of God)... why not Jesus' lightning, would be more awesome i think.

What a disgrace, catastrophe, disaster.....Ubisoft, you didn't disappoint me with disappointing me and i was so damn right about not buying your next game.. I loved ac series now i hate you ubisoft for destroying it.

Should i be so kind and create faq, the same as for revelations and ac3? I will think about it.

Shade, and others, are devs aware of what they have done when they were drunk in Kiev division?

CptPakundo
11-27-2013, 12:46 PM
OMG, guys and ladies, i'm so proud i didn't buy the game. Maybe it has awesome plot and gameplay but totally screwed technical side of it makes me refuse buy, if someone would give me the game as gift the person would become my worst enemy.

Or Anvil Engine Next is so terrible or whole Kiev division should be fired and shut down a year ago or just in case, both. Ubisoft is saying... oh, no, they are saying varied things and none of them appear to be truth or sound like science fiction.

Ubisoft, wtf is wrong with you? I do not understand how you can survive waves of complaining gamers and endless numbers of reports on support without doing anything to fix both your games.

You needed to release 3 games until you replaced in revelations some weird meaningless icons to actual keys on keyboard so i'll be optimistic and say you will do something about anvil engine next games performance with assassin's creed 20 (as there are planned 22 or 23 ac games of what i know).

I've tested the game by borrowing it from my friend, she is trying to play this game but she regrets the buy and she also regrets she didn't listen to me when i told her to not buy the game. She is saying ac3 was running terrible but ac4 is much more disaster. After playing on my pc i can say exactly the same thing, ac3 was disaster and black flag is even more. She keeps trying to play the game because Edward is handsome badass and plot and gameplay are awesome but these are only reasons why she is enduring torture of playing 15fps. Ubisoft, remember, games are not only about plots and gameplays, they also should be optimized well to make gamer have joy of playing the game, i definitely couldn't joy with black flag.

And also polish translation - omfg, what a disaster, the worst translation in whole series of the game. Some idiots while translating probably didn't even check wikipedia for names of measures. I can hear Edward saying "100 leagues" and i see in subtitles "100 mil morskich" (100 sea miles). Dear idiots who are responsible for polish translation: 1 sea league is distance of about 3 sea miles, do you see the difference? Take a walk of 1 sea mile and 1 sea league, you will feel god damn difference and learn how to properly translate games. Also in menu, graphics settings, these idiots translated "godrays" to "promień stwórcy" (ray of God)... why not Jesus' lightning, would be more awesome i think.

What a disgrace, catastrophe, disaster.....Ubisoft, you didn't disappoint me with disappointing me and i was so damn right about not buying your next game.. I loved ac series now i hate you ubisoft for destroying it.

Should i be so kind and create faq, the same as for revelations and ac3? I will think about it.

Shade, and others, are devs aware of what they have done when they were drunk in Kiev division?

1. You're wrong, they introduced keyboard and mouse icons back in Brotherhood, so that's only 2 games with generic icons, not 3.
2. So... You haven't said anything about computer specs, neither of yours or your friend's, so I'll assume you both have medium end PCs.

YazX_
11-27-2013, 01:06 PM
well same here, i'm just waiting to see if things going to get fixed or not, most probably not, they are going to be left open same as AC3 and nothing will be addressed or fixed. this is apart from MP which has been completely ruined by connection issues (as Ubisoft doesnt want to support dedicated servers) and "MAKING IT TOO EASY FOR NOOBS" by integrating stupid abilities and removing great ones which ruined the gameplay.

i also tested the game same way as you did, i have i7 3770k @ 4.6 GHz, first core is 90%, other cores are just sitting on 10% drinking tea and core8 is 50%, so 6 cores are just doing nothing. this game was ported as is from Xbox 360 and thrown to PC with some of Nvidia features which Nvidia themselves invested and implemented in game. avg FPS is 40 and in some places it dips to 28 @ 2560 x 1440 resolution, thats on 770 GTX OCed 1267 MHz. changing graphics option from high to low will result in 1-3 FPS gain and thats it, only way to get more FPS is to lower the resolution to 1920 x 1080 which is not an option at all, and even though it wont hit 60 FPS which should be piece of cake, it will hit 45-55 FPS.

although 40 FPS for any game is perfectly fine and playable, but we dont spend 2k-4k in building high end gaming PCs to sit for 40 FPS while in normal case scenario for any OPTIMIZED game to hit 60 FPS at least on those systems, and yes 40 and 60 FPS makes a big difference when playing, and between 60-120 makes a difference as well. and the main problem here is they charge around 100$ and more for the game including all contents, so they are charging a premium price for a crappy port and thats what annoys me the most.

maybe the game is great with the plot and story, but performance wise, bugs and MP are causing too much annoyance at this stage to consider buying it. so lets wait and see if problems and issues are going to be addressed and fixed during the next couple of months and i highly doubt anything would change.

Purpose of me saying this is not to bash the company nor devs, but Ubisoft policies against PC should change and dedicate more time to optimize games for PC, in AC2/ACB days, we had to wait 6-4 months to get the game, but at the end we get something that works (forgetting AC2 DRM which was dumped later on) in addition to all DLCs included in game, so to me this is a better deal than getting the game early with all of these issues.

ProletariatPleb
11-27-2013, 02:29 PM
Thread title bring back horrible memories

Mr_Shade
11-27-2013, 05:22 PM
If you wish to provide feedback on AC4 - without the name calling and snide remarks - we have a pinned thread.

Attacking staff, name calling and trolling is against the rules, same as if you did it to another user.