PDA

View Full Version : The Assassination of Benjamin Hornigold...

phoenix-force411
11-26-2013, 11:32 PM
Full sync requirements are to not get detected while trying to assassinate Hornigold, and to stay out of combat. I find this mission very hard to complete since I have to use a lot of ranged weapons and those are a expendable and I only have a finite amount. But due to where we start off, it's too open to not get detected, if you fail one optional objective you fail the other, but the requirement to not get detected while assassinating Hornigold does not get a reset after restarting from a checkpoint which makes this mission even more of a pain. Does anyone have problems with this mission?

MnemonicSyntax
11-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Have you tried the HInts and Tips forum? This is a big spoiler for some.

phoenix-force411
11-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Have you tried the HInts and Tips forum? This is a big spoiler for some.

They never really work for me, and the majority of people hang out in the Discussion forums. I'll change the thread title to make it less spoiler.

silvermercy
11-26-2013, 11:46 PM
I just got spoiled. :/

phoenix-force411
11-26-2013, 11:49 PM
What's the reason for editing titles when it doesn't change the outside thread title?

Shahkulu101
11-26-2013, 11:54 PM
I just got spoiled. :/

That's karma for spoiling the ending for yourself. :p

I got spoiled on this as well but...

Considering he was a pirate hunter historically and the way he acts during the game, I sort of saw it coming.

mikeyf1999
11-26-2013, 11:56 PM
Just in case you didn't realize it, when they say stay out of combat, they mean the naval part of the mission while finding the Benjamin

phoenix-force411
11-26-2013, 11:57 PM
That's karma for spoiling the ending for yourself. :p

I got spoiled on this as well but...

Considering he was a pirate hunter historically and the way he acts during the game, I sort of saw it coming.

They really need to make a General Discussion Board that has to be spoiler free, this one's everywhere. I'll admit, it was my mistake not to put a big SPOILERS hint and different title.

phoenix-force411
11-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Just in case you didn't realize it, when they say stay out of combat, they mean the naval part of the mission while finding the Benjamin
That's impossible. And the requirement doesn't prompt until after the first part of the mission. You can't gun down a boat without attracting other boats in the restricted area, and you can't gun a boat down without entering a fight.

ze_topazio
11-27-2013, 12:00 AM
I don't remember having any major problems, i just went around the island, climbed the temple and air assassinate him.

Shahkulu101
11-27-2013, 12:00 AM

Yeah, I liked that. I decided to just cut down the bast**** guards out of total rage.

Sushiglutton
11-27-2013, 01:35 AM
Berserk darts can solve pretty much any stealth mission. It's so overpowered that it feels almost like cheating. At least one guard will die and other guards will leave their posts.

DetroitPlaya
11-27-2013, 01:42 AM
Sequence 10, Memory 02: Murder And Mayhem
Optional Objectives
Stay out of combat while finding Hornigold
Air assassinate Hornigold

Definitely not impossible. You just need to locate the Benjamin with the spyglass, then the first part is settled.

The other is simply climbing over Hornigold in the ruins, and assassinate. You get the info immediately - not after first part of the mission. Proof: http://youtu.be/CXV1hXS9gwc?t=1m31s

hamNdoritos
11-27-2013, 04:12 AM
That's impossible. And the requirement doesn't prompt until after the first part of the mission. You can't gun down a boat without attracting other boats in the restricted area, and you can't gun a boat down without entering a fight.

clearly not impossible if i 100% synced it. You're not suppose to get into any ship battles. The enemy ships move in a pattern and you're suppose to wait and avoid them. After you get passed the last 2-3 ships that are in 1 group. Immediately use the spyglass to spot Hornigold's ship. That objective is then complete and you have to air assassinate Hornigold. Which means you're allowed to get detected on the island by guards, Just don't let Hornigold see you other wise you can't air assassinate him.

phoenix-force411
11-27-2013, 04:17 AM
clearly not impossible if i 100% synced it. You're not suppose to get into any ship battles. The enemy ships move in a pattern and you're suppose to wait and avoid them. After you get passed the last 2-3 ships that are in 1 group. Immediately use the spyglass to spot Hornigold's ship. That objective is then complete and you have to air assassinate Hornigold. Which means you're allowed to get detected on the island by guards, Just don't let Hornigold see you other wise you can't air assassinate him.

I got into a bunch ship battles, but I didn't fail it until I got detected while finding Hornigold on the island. That's why I'm probably confused by some of these posts. My game didn't let me fail it until after the first part of the mission.