PDA

View Full Version : Objective reminder?!?

MaceoniK
11-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Why is the objective constantly on screen during missions?!? Does anyone else find this slightly unnecessary?...

Also, why is there no option to remove the d-pad weapon select thing in the hud menu?, I find it a bit annoying... it's not hard to remember that 'for instance' if you press left once, you select the pistol.

Not major issues but ones I think should be patched.

Who agrees/disagrees?

Sushiglutton
11-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Yeah being able to remove the objective text would be great. As for the d-pad it's not something I personally want to remove since there are 4 items in the horizontal directions. But I have nothing against more HUD-customization options.

MaceoniK
11-27-2013, 01:17 AM
Nice to see someone mostly agrees.

I have to say, the main reason I want these options available is so I can make AC IV youtube vids like the ones I made for AC III - https://www.youtube.com/user/Maceonik i.e:- no hud items at all... the objective text would just ruin it.

Unfortunately I seem to be the only person who would really like this option, so it'll probably never happen:(, the only hope I have is by bringing it up here, other people will begin to notice it and realise how unnecessary and annoying it is... the weapon select I can live with, but not that stupid text on screen the hole time.

Sushiglutton
11-27-2013, 01:28 AM
Yeah it's a weird design choice. Especially as you can pause the game at any time and check the progression tracker to see what you are supposed to do should you be lost. No HUD should mean no HUD.

Anyway I think you should post this in the http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803791-AC-IV-Black-Flag-Single-Player-GAMEPLAY-Feedback-*Do-NOT-post-SPOILERS*/page33 and mention that it looks ugly in youtube videos. Since I'd imagine it's fairly easy to patch (relatively speaking) there is a tiny chance they will do it.

DetroitPlaya
11-27-2013, 01:50 AM
While I like to have the HUD on, I can definitely support having a "disable the entire HUD" option. It's something they should do in the future. :)

MaceoniK
11-27-2013, 07:36 AM
Wait, why was this thread moved here?... it's got nothing to do with hints and tips?!?